Does the battery recharge upgrade charge empty cells?

#1 Posted by nemt (863 posts) -

Or only partially depleted cells? It seems kind of useless if it only charges up one like the initial aug. I'm getting tired of carrying around energy bars.

#2 Posted by Tennmuerti (7999 posts) -

It only speeds up the recharge of your initial battery and the recharge of non fully depleted ones.

#3 Posted by Legend (2649 posts) -

Yeah, this is one of the few aspects I didn't like about the game.

#4 Posted by Xolare (1273 posts) -

I want to stab people and break their arms. Not wait behind cover to do that.

#5 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4594 posts) -

The way this game handles energy is definitely annoying. I'd rather have one straight bar (like the original, or Crysis) and pop a Praxis point into regeneration if you want it. There are some weird design decisions about this game, but eh, I still love it.

#6 Posted by project343 (2812 posts) -

I completely understand the complaints. But the energy system is evidently purposefully limited so that energy consumption items have more meaning. Think of it this way: you have 1 pip, and you can "buff" yourself past that if you feel that the scenario might call for it.

Works out wonderfully with invisibility, for example. Prepping for a large invisibility run wouldn't work as a gameplay strategy under a recharging bar system.

#7 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

I am more annoyed that the description of the upgrade didn't mention this part.

#8 Edited by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I'm not necessarily opposed to them putting a limitation on basically a one-hit kill move, but I wish they would have handled it differently, or used a different 'energy' delivery method, or maybe changed how it was stored, or something.

#9 Posted by falserelic (5326 posts) -

I agree about the limited energy. Its annoying when an enemy rushes up on me, and I can't do an instant kill move because my energy is depleted. Next thing I know I end up dead shot to death.

#10 Posted by MrMazz (919 posts) -

@Xolare said:

I want to stab people and break their arms. Not wait behind cover to do that.

my thoughts exactly. At least I can find energy bars pretty regularly but the whole recharge thing just dosen't jive with me.

#11 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3019 posts) -

It really feels like some kind of weird Twilight Zone episode.  You get sweet robot arms, but can only punch people depending on your didiculously limited battery supply!

#12 Posted by Stahlbrand (835 posts) -

If somebody makes a mod for full-recharging energy, I would use that and not feel the need to apologize.

#13 Posted by Karkarov (2981 posts) -

I think if you buy battery upgrades though the new batteries will regen.  For some reason your last battery always seems to stay dead unless you use an energy item though.

#14 Edited by Sammo21 (3211 posts) -

@nemt: Nope, its completely retarded. Just as retarded as the falling damage only more impactful since you need those cells to do anything of note.

#15 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
@Sammo21 said:

Just as retarded as the falling damage ...

The freefall aug is has saved my ass from falling stupidly off rooftops more times than I care to admit.

#16 Posted by Sammo21 (3211 posts) -

@Ravenlight: Fall off a rooftop is one thing. Falling 9 or 10 feet and dying is another. I got the stupid thing just make travelling faster. I understand rooftops but not falling from the first section of a fire escape. I AM A DAMN ROBOT MANG!

#17 Edited by ProfessorEss (7280 posts) -

Yeah, I find the battery thing for takedowns strange. 
Kinda makes me feel a lot less badass when I can only kill one dude every 30 seconds or whatever. 
I would've thought even unaugmented Adam would have the training and fitness to chain together a couple simple necksnaps. 

...he better hope he never runs into cyberpunk Batman, cause that dude knows how to bust off a round of snapped necks and broken faces.

#18 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
@Sammo21: But--but activating the glowy fall thing for a 3-foot drop is HILARIOUS. 
Actually the funnier thing is how nobody reacts when some robot dude descends from the heavens in a golden halo and lands almost on top of them.
#19 Edited by Sammo21 (3211 posts) -

@Ravenlight: YUP! I swore the harvesters were going to come down on me for that...but nope, its normal in crazy cyber future robot man China...move along. Also its rather annoying that anytime you break through a wall that has a guy on the other side you kill them...no option to break through and do a simple take down. So much dumb shit in this game....its fun, but damn if its not 70% ignorant shit lol.

#20 Posted by Tennmuerti (7999 posts) -

I have energy bars bound to 1, problem solved ....

There are tons of them everywhere and they instantly restore a cell, so if ever I need 2 bars in a row or an emergency comes up, I just press 1 :P

(even had to sell some bars, they were cluttering u my inventory in multiple stacks)

#21 Posted by Stahlbrand (835 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

@Sammo21 said:

Just as retarded as the falling damage ...

The freefall aug is has saved my ass from falling stupidly off rooftops more times than I care to admit.

I liked using freefall to shortcut vertical sections - like escaping from a certain place that gets raided, when you're four stories up. It also made navigating in Heung Shea a lot faster - playing through a second time now without it and having to find stairs is a time consuming activity.

#22 Posted by Hi_Voltg3 (57 posts) -

This augementation is actually useful if you stealh a lot. But I agree, it should at least charge up the second battery if anything if you upgrade into getting more batteries :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.