Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

DX:HR final boss (spoilers)

Heimdal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Heimdal

I feel woefully underprepared for this. The game has been great so far, but this feels like a cheap shot. Kill the three pre-cogs and then shoot wildly at a big glass wall until is shatters and then shoot some chick who had about six lines in the whole game? I didn't bring enough guns to this fight.

It's disappointing this was the best it could do. And I had more thrills in my battle of words with Darrow five minutes earlier.

Any thoughts on the final boss?

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Giantstalker

It sucks, I agree. But the rest of the game is so good, I forgive it this flaw... the other boss battles were also pretty uninspired when it comes to design.

Plus, with a fully upgraded heavy rifle, it's so easy I can just kind of forget about it and choose my ending. Haven't tried a nonlethal solution yet however.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

That was kind of a low point of the entire game.

sthusby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By sthusby

Thought it was pretty dang easy. I played it on "Give me a Challange" and didn1t have any trouble. Of course, I had upgraded my inventory to the max limit, and so I was carrying around both a Heavy Rifle and a Rocket Launcher. The Launcher made short work of the turrets, then I just wipped out my Heavy Rifle and went to town on those girls in the pods. Whipped out my Rocket Launcher again, blasted the window and the chick pretty fast. I did die a couple of times from the electricity in the floor. Didn't even know what it was at first.

It's not a very fun fight though, and it's a shame that the game loses some of it's momentum towards the end. But the worst boss fight was hands down Barrett. I struggled at least an hour with him, and I didn't have any weapons to deal with him. Or so I thought, turns out the Stun Gun was pretty damned effective.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bybeach

But it is so easy to kill those poor three girls! That is what I got out of the boss fight, a somewhat bad feeling that I felt was appropiatte for the game. Zhao was dead meat. And it ocurred to me, even when I did the Darrow message, that he was right, he had truly, at least for while, lost his humanity.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#6  Edited By Mnemoidian

You don't need to shoot the glass protecting Zhao, it breaks on its own after a short while - or, at least it did on both of my playthroughs.

Just evade for a while when you've killed the 3 ladies.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Enigma777

They give you plenty of weapons in those 2 rooms that open up...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 137

I threw emp mines on that whole floor and gas mines. LOL!!! so lame.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By korwin

The final boss is a cake walk :S the second is by far the most difficult, but really only if your not combat oriented at that point. You only need 1 gun in this game to win and that's a fully upgraded magnum with explosive rounds and a laser sight, it shred anything and everything.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Heltom92

I don't really understand what happened on the final boss, all I did was hack some terminals, kill a few turrets and it was pretty much over.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hatking

The only boss I had trouble with was the invisible lady. It took me several tries to finally gather the 'trick' to beating her. Right after her fight I went for the augmentation that allowed me to walk on electrified floors, safe to say that made the final boss even easier.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Marz

Yeah this boss was laughably easy, don't know why they even put it in the game other than story purposes ( i guess ).     

"ooooo spinning turrets of doom, i'll just run underneath them so they can't shoot me"
    "oooo i can open these hatches, oh there's women inside, lemme just shoot them with my tranq gun until they go to sleep"
    "oooo doors opened with some crazy people coming out, i'll just crouch and they won't see me"
    "oooo the floors on the ground are electrical, glad i got that EMP resistance!"
    "oh i can shoot the mean chinese lady now!"
    "oh the game's over now"

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#13  Edited By alistercat

I turned off life support with the panel, disabled the sentry bots with emp grenades and then shot her with a plasma rifle. This was on hardest difficulty, and made the 'fight' trivial.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By valrog

Bosses could definitely be improved.

@AlisterCat said:

I turned off life support with the panel, disabled the sentry bots with emp grenades and then shot her with a plasma rifle. This was on hardest difficulty, and made the 'fight' trivial.

I don't quite understand what that Life Support thing actually did. I remember hacking the terminal but then I saw it was already off so I activated it and that sent robots after me and after killing them instantly with EMP grenades, I shot Zhao to death.

My head was full of fuck.

Avatar image for deactivated-62fae2132a6ff
    deactivated-62fae2132a6ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

If you won the battle of words with Darrow then the final boss is even more hilarious. kill turrets with 3 shots of plasma rifle, type in code. Smash down wall and wait in there for 2 minutes. Walk out and shoot boss a couple of times.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By valrog

@Arkez: I don't even know where I was supposed to use the code.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By shirogane

I laser rifled her, without doing anything else. Cause lasers work through glass. That fight lasted about 10 seconds.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Tennmuerti
    • you can hack the console below the turrets to disable everything and skip right to killing her
    • you can get the code for it from Darrow if you don't hack
    • you can hack the turrets
    • there are shitloads of weapons in previous rooms if you want to just shloot everything
    • with some upgrades and energy bars you can be in stealth the entire fight if you so desire
    • like mentioned above you can just shoot her with the laser, for a super fast kill
    • there are plenty of weapons in the alcoves that open up as well
    • with emp shielding you can just stand in electricity and the humanoid enemies will electrocute themselves by trying to get to you
    Nocall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nocall

I didn't even understand what I was doing. I just went around in crouch mode and messed with the buttons for awhile, but nothing seemed to be happening. So I hacked whatever I found and set it to to all to disable. Eventually the glass wall came down and I shot the girl a bunch but she didn't die. So I jumped over the little wall to try to melee her but then the ending cutscence popped in out of nowhere.

It was very unsatisfying. And the whole 4 button thing...yeesh. I mean...yeesh.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By YoThatLimp

@Nocall said:

I didn't even understand what I was doing. I just went around in crouch mode and messed with the buttons for awhile, but nothing seemed to be happening. So I hacked whatever I found and set it to to all to disable. Eventually the glass wall came down and I shot the girl a bunch but she didn't die. So I jumped over the little wall to try to melee her but then the ending cutscence popped in out of nowhere.

It was very unsatisfying. And the whole 4 button thing...yeesh. I mean...yeesh.

Yeah it all kind of came and smacked me in the face. Left a pretty bad taste in my mouth in what was an otherwise pretty sweet game.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sooty

All I did was turn off those 3 things, then the life support. After that I punched through a wall and hid in there until her glass shattered then went up and shot her a few times. The End.

Stupidly easy.

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By wealllikepie

@JantShira: you dont have to shoot at the glass, only the bots who come out after you. the glass breaks eventually anyways, its scripted. dont waste your ammo

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23  Edited By Giantstalker
    @wealllikepie

@JantShira: you dont have to shoot at the glass, only the bots who come out after you. the glass breaks eventually anyways, its scripted. dont waste your ammo

What else are you going to spemd that ammo on anyway? I always blow a couple hundred rounds off, just for the lulz
    Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I played this fully stealth and had no problem killing the boss.

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By matpaget

I killed the final boss by hiding behind her and letting a robot shoot her till she died.

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

@Shirogane said:

I laser rifled her, without doing anything else. Cause lasers work through glass. That fight lasted about 10 seconds.

This is pretty much the ideal strategy, there is even a plasma rifle outside of the room for added convenience

Even on 'Give me Deus-Ex' difficulty she will be down in a couple of seconds. That said the fight itself is relatively simple given you have adequate hacking skills.

drstrawberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By drstrawberry

All of the bosses were kind of shit so I wasn't too disappointed by the last one. At least the boss wasn't as frustrating as any of the other bosses

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By AndrewB

I beat the final boss without even being detected by any of the defenses, which is pretty easy if you run around hacking things. The only part where I had to shoot was to break through the glass, and then I stun-gunned her (she still ends up dying, but technically I didn't kill her).

All I could think was "did I really just beat the final boss by hacking?" which is totally like beating the final boss in Fallout 3 by convincing him to give up.

People complain about the bosses being hard, and I'm sure they are on higher difficulties (though I had no problems with the first boss on hard other than the whole dumping a bazillion bullets directly into his face and him still living thing), but on normal they're all brain-dead easy for anyone with a single upgraded weapon in their arsenal. Believe me, that's not me boasting about my gaming skills. I seriously don't get where people are coming from when they say the boss fights are hard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.