Easiest Way to Get Gun Nut?

#1 Posted by CraigAA1028 (546 posts) -

I'm currently on my third playthrough just trying to get the final two achievements I'm missing, Gun Nut and Doctorate. For Doctorate, I'm just following a guide so that's not a problem. To me, the hardest achievement to get is Gun Nut. 

I decided the gun I wanted to fully upgrade was the pistol, since it's probably the first gun you get. I have followed the wiki for Deus Ex, found every damage, rate of fire, and ammo capacity upgrade I can find and found the three specific mods for the pistol (laser sight, armor piercing, and silencer). There are literally no more mods for me to find, at least according to the wiki. Soooo what am I missing? Is there an easier gun to fully upgrade if I have to do yet another playthrough just for it? I don't have any pre-order weapons, which apparently are the fastest to upgrade. Any suggestions?

#2 Edited by Garfield518 (404 posts) -

The tranq. rifle only requires three reload mods and a special aiming assist mod.

#3 Posted by Meptron (1079 posts) -

I used the tranq. rifle. I unlocked it pretty quick. I didn't have all of the stats all the way up, but I did have one of each type it could support. The tranq rifle is easy since it doesn't support many upgrades, just the aiming assist one and some reload speed upgrades I think.

#4 Posted by misterhaan (227 posts) -

i'm actually not sure how i got it, but i did put everything that could go on the tranq on that and near everything else on the pistol.  got it before the fight after meeting the real eliza.

#5 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

I know of the easy way to get it as described above but I really didn't want to waste it on something I didn't want to use.  I'm doing the combat rifle and will be quite annoyed if I can't find enough reload upgrades ect ect.  To me, that is a broken feature if you can't ugprade something all the way.
#6 Edited by Tennmuerti (8100 posts) -

@sins_of_mosin said:

I know of the easy way to get it as described above but I really didn't want to waste it on something I didn't want to use. I'm doing the combat rifle and will be quite annoyed if I can't find enough reload upgrades ect ect. To me, that is a broken feature if you can't ugprade something all the way.

You can upgrade any gun you want fully, with plenty mods left over for more guns. I had 3 fully upgraded guns by the end.

He just asked for the easiest and fasted way to do it, hence people said Tranq gun.

#7 Posted by CraigAA1028 (546 posts) -

Thank guys. The tranq gun made that much easier than I tho0ught it would be
#8 Posted by Marz (5651 posts) -
@Garfield518 said:

The tranq. rifle only requires three reload mods and a special aiming assist mod.

this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.