First DLC is called "Missing Link"

#1 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Story on siliconera.

The Deus Ex: Human Revolution conspiracy grows deeper in The Missing Link. During lead character Adam Jensen’s quest for the truth in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, he mysteriously vanishes for three days. Where was he? What did he find out? The Missing Link reveals it all.

I assume they mean the 3 days you spend inside that cyro pod thing? I hope it comes out soon, too many games on the horizon!

#2 Posted by EuanDewar (4963 posts) -

He was asleep during his days In the pod. That would just be a mission where you stare at a black screen for three days.

#3 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

He was asleep during his days In the pod. That would just be a mission where you stare at a black screen for three days.

the best mission ever, clearly.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (24961 posts) -

@Laketown said:

@EuanDewar said:

Easiest trophy ever.

#5 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Laketown said:

@EuanDewar said:

Easiest trophy ever.

Achievement unlocked: Link's Awakening

#6 Edited by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -

Sweet! Here's hoping it's a substantial DLC and not a short mission.

@EuanDewar said:

After you get to the destination Jensen asks Prichard how long he was off the grid. But they do not actually specify that he was asleep the entire time. So it's very likely his augs either prevented him from going to sleep, or woke him up if something occurred along the way.

Edit: come to think of it it could be as simple as someone just opening up the pod during transit and waking his ass up (with good or bad intentions)

#7 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

So this will then take place in the middle of the game?

#8 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2161 posts) -

Well, the missing link teaser image is of him in the pod.

#9 Posted by AnimalFather (800 posts) -

if the dlc takes place during the pod stage then this dlc will suck more than operation anchorage for fallout 3.

#10 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

Or he has a dream in which he is some form of warrior princess.

#11 Posted by Legend (2659 posts) -

Here's the full announcement:

The Deus Ex: Human Revolution conspiracy grows deeper in The Missing Link. During lead character Adam Jensen’s quest for the truth in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, he mysteriously vanishes for three days. Where was he? What did he find out? The Missing Link reveals it all.

“We are very excited for Deus Ex: Human Revolution fans to be able to complete Adam’s journey in the game with The Missing Link DLC,” said David Anfossi, producer of Deus Ex: Human Revolution at Eidos-Montreal. “Gamers will be able to experience a vulnerable side of Adam like never before, which gives the overall game a whole new dimension. The Missing Link propels players into compelling gameplay, beginning with Adam being stripped of his use of augmentations, new, visually stunning environments and the continuation of Deus Ex: Human Revolution’s conspiracy rich story.”

After being tortured by Belltower agents and having his augmentations disabled, Adam Jensen must rely solely on his basic capabilities to escape from a freighter, destined for an unknown location. While fighting for his survival on the ship, he uncovers another layer to the conspiracy that he never would have suspected. As Adam, gamers will befriend new, mysterious allies and fight ruthless enemies to discover what was happening in the shadows during the events of Deus Ex: Human Revolution!

So, yeah, it seems the DLC will take place on the freighter, and you'll have all your augmentations disabled.

#12 Posted by The_Nubster (2169 posts) -

I'm okay with this. As I played through the game, the cryo pod seemed like a good place to put some DLC in without interrupting the overall flow. The only thing that's a bit le sad is that this means they won't be able to add in any new augmentations, for the sake of continuity.

#13 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11126 posts) -

While I definitely want more content for this game, I question doing it this way. You know, with the whole getting rid of augs thing. Contrived removing of powers is something I never like. 

#14 Posted by darkwingduck (175 posts) -
@Cwaff said:

@EuanDewar said:

Or he has a dream in which he is some form of warrior princess.

and he is on a quest to find a certain boy with a triforce tatoo .who went missing. and whose name is Li... aww come on!
#15 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Hm, not the best way to go about it...i mean he's on a f***ing ship for three days...not much to do. Still, I'll probably get it.

#16 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

This sounds silly.
Sounds like that Assassin's Creed DLC in the middle of the game.
But I'll judge once I play it.

#17 Posted by kyrieee (379 posts) -

It's a bad place to put it, but if the content is good we won't care

#18 Posted by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

Not only does going back and doing new missions mid-game after finishing it feel odd, but it also reeks of content being cut and set aside as DLC.

No thanks

#19 Posted by Chaoskiller2000 (306 posts) -

Yeah this does not sound good but it may still end up fun we will have to see. I really tend not to enjoy middle of the story DLC but hey if its good its good.

#20 Posted by Legend (2659 posts) -

I bet those new allies they mentioned are people trapped in other pods.

#21 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

That's a weird place to put it since I got the impression that he was in some sort of cryogenic sleep for a few days in the pod and because he never mentioned anything about the events on the ship. I'll wait for it to come out before I make any judgements though.

#22 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

DLC = Deus Loadable Content.  Amirite guys? huh?  HUH?

#23 Posted by Legend (2659 posts) -
@ArchScabby
DLC = Deus Loadable Content.  Amirite guys? huh?  HUH?
You're fired. GET OUT!
#24 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

Ehhh..... I'm not liking the sound of this. I'll probably pass unless it builds in a new game + mode.

#25 Posted by DarkShaper (1338 posts) -

Is it confirmed that you play as Adam? Because playing someone else during that time could be cool.

#26 Edited by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Hm, not the best way to go about it...i mean he's on a f***ing ship for three days...not much to do. Still, I'll probably get it.

Cargo freighters are BIG fucking ships. They could make an area bigger then any level in the current game if they wanted to, in theory anyway. (although I'm sure it's not going to be anything quite as big)

@DarkShaper: You play as Adam, @Legend: posted the details already.

#27 Posted by kyrieee (379 posts) -
@thetenthdoctor said:

Not only does going back and doing new missions mid-game after finishing it feel odd, but it also reeks of content being cut and set aside as DLC.

No thanks

Yeah this game really lacked content

Oh wait?
#28 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

@kyrieee said:

@thetenthdoctor said:

No thanks

Yeah this game really lacked content Oh wait?

hate it when DLC does that. Either it continues where the story left off or don't make DLC

#29 Posted by AnimalFather (800 posts) -

would have liked the DLC to continue the story, u keep working for Sarif visiting an entire new city maybe.

#30 Edited by JoeyRavn (4977 posts) -

@kyrieee said:

@thetenthdoctor said:

No thanks

This is exactly my major complain about the way Eidos is handling this game. Both this one and the pre-order bonus mission are literally cut from the main game and sold as DLC. It's not that game is lacking content, the problem is that they are selling cut content from inside the game as DLC.

#31 Posted by Legend (2659 posts) -

@Yanngc33 said:

@kyrieee said:

@thetenthdoctor said:

No thanks

hate it when DLC does that. Either it continues where the story left off or don't make DLC

I'm not a big fan of this type of DLC either, but I'm sure there are others who like it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.