Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

game-breaking bug towards the end

studnoth1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By studnoth1n

not sure if anyone else has encountered this yet but i think i may be the only lucky one here since i haven't seen any other discussions. anyway, towards the end of the game on panchea during the mission "shutting down darrow's signal," the game freezes in the exact same spot every time, making it impossible to finish. it occurs right after climbing up the ladder to the hangar bay, through the door (an autosave kicks in around this point) and up a flight of stairs to a set of double doors with an exit sign above with an alarm blaring in the background. at this point the game freezes, every single time. the only thing i could note is that the audio doesn't kick out since the alarm still continues to sound even after the game has frozen. 

anyway, i haven't the slightest fucking clue as to what could be causing this. i will say i've noticed certain achievements that have popped up thus causing the game to momentarily freeze, at least longer than would normally be expected. regardless, just throwing this bullshit out there. hope there's a fix.

reciprocate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By reciprocate

I am stuck in the exact same area you are with the exact same bug, the second i hit the top of the stair case the game freezes and all i can do is hear that annoying ass alarm.. don't suppose you found a solution?

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Brians

That Sucks guys...

reciprocate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By reciprocate
    okay after a bit of experimentation i found something that works for me, it's going to sound dumb but it works... walk up the game freezing stair case backwards and dont look in the direction of the door until you have made it up and around the corner...worked for me on the last part of the game now :)
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By kingzetta

never happened to me

studnoth1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By studnoth1n
    @reciprocate: sorry about that. been away the past few days. board was slow going the day i posted this. 

so i did get past it, but i did have to fall back on a previous save. luckily i had one right before this chapter, after the last boss fight and after the confrontation with megan. not sure what i did wrong other than play the game. though i did have an inkling about my inventory, or possibly the time i spent beforehand, so i dumped the heavy laser i acquired and cleaned up my inventory space, and i also didn't dick around like i did before (inside the white room, and yes, i did play with the dummy). anyway, i think it was just one of those fulcrum point in the game when it's checking against something i might have done or something i acquired, but instead of making a decision and letting me move the fuck on it simply ate itself.
    studnoth1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By studnoth1n
    @kingzetta said:
    never happened to me
    well THANKS for letting us know about it! keep in touch!!!
    Avatar image for nomorehalfmeasuresdoctor
    nomorehalfmeasuresdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I have also had freezing problems in that part of the game. Spoilers will follow.

After meeting Darrow and having a heart to heart with him no matter what happened next my HUD would not reappear and I could not pause and access my inventory. I could still press start and save but then when I went back to the game I couldn't move my character. I kept going back to earlier saves on Panchea but to no avail.To say the least I was very frustrated (and really just plain sad) thinking that I wasn't gonna finish a game I put over 30 hours into. Stubbornly, I kept playing even though I didn't have a map and no ammo left for my stun gun which was what I had equipped at the time. Luckily, I made it all the way to the boss fight and that's when I realized I was screwed and that I should stop playing now or reload an even earlier save.

Suffice to say I went back to a earlier er save that wasn't that far off and when I got back to the same point in time magically no more disappearing HUD no more freezing. I was going to make a thread about but I thought it was only me I know stupid right. Now it seems that the end part of the game is full of bugs and just prone to freezing.

Edit. My firm belief of being able to not only save as much as I want but keep multiple saves in all rpgs is further reaffirmed here.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vodun

@reciprocate said:

okay after a bit of experimentation i found something that works for me, it's going to sound dumb but it works... walk up the game freezing stair case backwards and dont look in the direction of the door until you have made it up and around the corner...worked for me on the last part of the game now :)

Pfff, that's not a bug. It's a fiendish puzzle! Your cranial augs are obviously getting hacked as you approach the stairs. By turning around you block the signal. SIMPLE!

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

What systems are you guys playing this on?

Avatar image for nomorehalfmeasuresdoctor
    nomorehalfmeasuresdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm playing on ps3 it sounds like op is 360 or pc.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Played through the game, not a single problem.

reciprocate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By reciprocate
    @Vodun said:

@reciprocate said:

Pfff, that's not a bug. It's a fiendish puzzle! Your cranial augs are obviously getting hacked as you approach the stairs. By turning around you block the signal. SIMPLE!

i disagree i maxxed out most of my cranial augs >.>

@SuperfluousMoniker said:
    What systems are you guys playing this on?
    i was on the 360
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kingzetta
    @studnoth1n said:
    @kingzetta said:
    never happened to me
    well THANKS for letting us know about it! keep in touch!!!
    No need to lose your shit honey.
    deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deanoxd

i finished it today, i only had one lock up and that was going through the door to Sandoval's hideout, but it was the same situation i think just as the cut scene should have started it locked up. i just restarted the game and last check point, other then that the game ran ok.

360 btw.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Marz

you could tell us what system you're playing it on.  If it's PC maybe you can verify your game cache files and see if any got corrupted.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I had this issue too on the 360 version. So I uninstalled it from my hard drive and played it off the disc. It worked fine after that.

studnoth1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By studnoth1n
    @Marz said:
    you could tell us what system you're playing it on.  If it's PC maybe you can verify your game cache files and see if any got corrupted.
    it's on the 360. i don't think i've heard of anyone experiencing this particular bug on the pc, at least not yet anyway, though i'd imagine there are more than a few workarounds in those rare cases...
    meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By meptron
    @reciprocate said:
    works even better if you walk up the staircase while jumping and spinning around it circles.
    sunzuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sunzuki

Exact same thing happens with me. I've tried walking up the stairs backwards but as soon as I turn around to open door  "doo roo doo roo doo roo doo roo doo roo"......... What a joke.

reciprocate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By reciprocate
    @sunzuki said:

Exact same thing happens with me. I've tried walking up the stairs backwards but as soon as I turn around to open door  "doo roo doo roo doo roo doo roo doo roo"......... What a joke.

yeah don't open that door don't even look at it you have to walk up the stairs (backwards if it works for you) and go around the corner (strafe right until you hit the wall  back up some more while still avoiding looking into the general direction of the door at the top of the stairs and slowly turn to the right) for some reason the game freezes when you look at that part of the map. until you physically pass it, once you pass it and save you can go back and the issue wont happen again... that was my experience anyway 
    sunzuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sunzuki
    @reciprocate

Thanks for that advice, I had the jump enhancement and I just went outside and used the storage crates and then go onto a ledge and climbed in through an open circular vent that faces the spot at the start of the game.
    Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Ravenlight

This seems like a console-specific bug. Has anyone experienced this exact freeze on PC?

I'm on PC and haven't had a freeze yet on my 1.5 playthroughs. That being said, there was some major patching over Steam that happened in the days following release. Maybe a fix will be coming to consoles soon.

SymbolliC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By SymbolliC
    @kingzetta: Yeah same here. I didn't enter that way though if I'm thinking of the same spot. I used my amazing 9 foot jumping to reach a large open vent.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.