Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Highlights is now an option!

Bongos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bongos

I wouldn't care either way but it's still nice to have the option.
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I honestly don't care either way, but it's nice that they're listening to people.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jimbo

Perhaps slightly overselling how important this message is, but cool nonetheless.

edit:  Sorry, but they are just plain wrong here.  The character doesn't justify it at all because nobody needs augmented reality to tell them they can climb a ladder.  I've seen a ladder or two in my time and I've never been in any doubt as to whether or not I could climb them if I were so inclined.  It only becomes justified if you happen to be in a video game and the climability of ladders becomes more questionable.  Therefore it is justified by it being a video game, not by the character - this is why people reject it.  For the character himself (and the player too after the first instance) it would just be unnecessary and distracting clutter. 

If they were using the augmented reality to show something the character would actually find useful (eg. highlighting the location of hostages if know, overlaying a room layout pulled from building plans etc.) then it'd be different.  Basically just don't treat the player or the character like idiots.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DystopiaX

I like having the no highlight option; I don't mind a little handholding but from the gameplay we've seen the thing highlights literally everything that's interactable, and for an RPG game like that I want to figure the stuff out myself. Plus the highlight loses some immersion for me, future setting or no.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ShaneDev

It seems really weird to highlight every single thing in the game. Its does break the immersion for me to a degree because it really doesn't make that much sense. Why does he need to have a cardboard box highlighted or a door, things like a gun is fine, ammo is fine, and an objective fine. They also run the risk of seriously breaking the fiction, even if for instance the vision only works on doors you can use how does his vision know which door is usable or not? I am very glad they but in the option to turn it off. Depending on how annoying or if it is annoying when I start I may just turn it off.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By NTM

That's cool. It's nice to change little things like that to fit your needs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.