Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

I cannot help myself but thinking...

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By nohthink

This game would be a lot better if it were in third person. It is still a good game and I am enjoying it alot. But I feel like my view is limited especially when you're sneaking around stealthy and the transition between the third person and the first person view keep getting me out of the experience. And even in some cut scenes, the camera slowly swings back to behind Jenson's head as if it would ease the players. I don't know. Maybe I'm just neat picking and too used to Metal Gear Solid when it comes to these type of games but... argh!!! And the whole dragging bodies... Sigh...

At least you don't have to fight with the camera... I guess..

It really bothers me that it's those little things that are making this game only inches away from being perfect. 

What do you guys think? Share your experiences!!

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Adamsons

I think the transitions are pretty jarring, but would rather the whole thing was first person.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

nah i don't agree, Deus Ex has always been a first person game.  Since that is what Deus Ex has been the past two games.  If anything, I'd rather sacrifice the third person and keep it all first person.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I disagree, for two reasons: 

1. This is a Deus Ex game that is meant to be true to the original masterpiece. Changing the player view/perspective altogether is just wrong 
    2. It's meant to be in first person, because it's harder that way. And i'm glad they stuck to that. We have an annoying abundance of third person stealth shooters which borrow gameplay mechanics from each other, so hey, lets have a modern Deus Ex game where you're playing in first person and you're having a harder time exploring your surroundings! (as opposed to having the camera show your body and everything around it)

Sounds like a refreshing, challenging retro change to me. I'm actually surprised they're doing their own thing and not cloning Conviction!

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Yanngc33

They should've added a button that lets you switch between first and third person, like in Fallout. But you know why they didn't? Because this is a Deus Ex game

iBePeRFeCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By iBePeRFeCT

I agree with Marz, Ahmad, and Yanngc.  Its a Deus Ex game, its suppose to be first person.  Anything else and it would have just been a Splinter Cell clone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.