Is there a way to start a new game + with everything unlocked?

#1 Posted by Dredlockz (340 posts) -

I already finished the game, and I want to start it over again at some point, and play around in "god mode", having all unlockables unlocked.

Is there a way to do this? even with cheats or whatever.

#2 Posted by ABritishNerd (318 posts) -

There's not. Quite a shame really.

#3 Posted by AlisterCat (5401 posts) -

If you are on PC search for trainers.

#4 Posted by Zaccheus (1770 posts) -

Only on PC.

#5 Posted by ABritishNerd (318 posts) -

@Zaccheus said:

Only on PC.

Is it a mod or a PC only feature?

#6 Posted by Zaccheus (1770 posts) -

@ABritishNerd said:

@Zaccheus said:

Only on PC.

Is it a mod or a PC only feature?

There are trainers to almost all games on PC, which are basically user made cheats. Infinite ammo, level unlocks, invincibility, you name it. I guess you could call them mods, but there is more hacking involved since most games don't have mod support.

#7 Posted by Dredlockz (340 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

thanks, didn't want to resort to installing third-party stuff, but oh well.

#8 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (866 posts) -

@Dredlockz said:

@AlisterCat said:

Takes the challenge out of the game. The game isn't designed around new game+. Deus ex has always revolved around choices and how to tackle obstacles and problems on how you want to play. In order to do that, you commit to certain augmentations.

#9 Posted by BisonHero (5691 posts) -

@TrafalgarLaw said:

@Dredlockz said:

@AlisterCat said:

Takes the challenge out of the game. The game isn't designed around new game+. Deus ex has always revolved around choices and how to tackle obstacles and problems on how you want to play. In order to do that, you commit to certain augmentations.

Yeah, I don't see the appeal. Deus Ex: HR isn't a particularly hard game in the first place if you've ever played a stealth game before, and a NG+ where you just have pretty much everything would get boring after about 20 minutes. Then again, I find most NG+ modes pointless, as you can basically just mash the attack button and win everything because NG+ completely upsets the game's difficulty curve.

#10 Posted by Dredlockz (340 posts) -

@TrafalgarLaw said:

@Dredlockz said:

@AlisterCat said:

Yeah, I just wanted to play around with the whole set unlocked for a while, since I'm already done with the game, and completed it without killing anyone (except those stupid stupid bosses). So I wanted to get my killing on with infinite stealth, etc, just for kicks.

But no biggie, i just uninstalled it and moved on, I don't want it THAT bad.

#11 Posted by Inquisitor_Sif (58 posts) -

Honest speaking, I'm glad that this game doesn't have a NG+ mode. I believe the thrill of this game is that you take your time exploring the world slowly and experience the other possibilities. This game is not a shooter that you can gain advantage by being fully upgraded.

#12 Posted by Dagbiker (6899 posts) -

There is a debug menu that I have not had a problem with, I have been using it in the boss fights, then turning it off after to save, and playing the rest of the game without it. I haven't used anything else other then god mode. But it has not screwed up my save game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.