Jeff's Criticisms (No spoilers)

• 51 results
#1 Posted by ShalashaskaUK666 (520 posts) -

I personally dont think they're that valid, especially the point about having to type out a 4 digit code!! He seemed to go on about that a bit much and make it seem much worse than it actually was. The same gameplay was in Splinter Cell and that was just fine.  
Secondly I think 'the action' is just fine, I'll give him the A.I. being a bit off sometimes, but the example he gave on the podcast seemed like he was deliberately taking advantage of that situation and then complaining about it.  
Actually I find he does that a lot, making a choice and then complaining because he got away with it, like headshotting a bunch o dudes, or playing a certain strict way and then saying 'well where was the incentive to do anything else?'.  
Well where is the incentive in any game to do anything? You could just punch all the time in a fighting game, or stick to one weapon in a shooting game, but you dont, because exploring a games options is way more fun! 

Anyway I digress, I love the action side of this game way more than anything else, and I adore the stealth approach just as much as the all out assault. I think the cover mechanics are just fine, and getting between cover is easy. Granted I think you're best getting the aug that lets you track guards on the radar regardless of line of sight to get the most out of it, but after that its a whole lotta fun take dudes out!!

Anyway what do you guys think? What other criticisms would you levy at the game overall? (Again no spoilers please!)

#2 Posted by Ramone (2960 posts) -

The game got 4 stars. He must have liked it to give it that sort of score. His criticisms are merely things that stop the game from being great not things which make it a bad game.

#3 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

Yeah, I kinda have to agree with you about Jeff's criticisms of the game. It seems he had almost nothing but negative things to say yet he gives it a 4/5, that doesn't add up to me. Especially the way he went on about the A.I. in the game, it's not nearly that bad, it's not great but it's not as bad as he says it is. That being said, I definitely think the game has some flaws which made me doubly disappointed/frustrated when I thought about how easily they could have avoided them. I think my biggest gripe with the game overall is the facial animation. It's so wooden and just awkward looking, coming off something like Mass Effect that has a similar dialogue mechanic and it's pretty hard not to be annoyed by it. The game relies so heavily on character interaction that this one flaw really brings down an entire aspect of the game. Other than that and the boss fights, which should have been done so much better, the game is solid top to bottom. 

I'd love to see Eidos Montreal take another crack at Deus Ex set it after Human Revolution but before Deus Ex 1 and really try to improve upon what Human Revolution did. They clearly have a love for the original and have executed on their ideas pretty well in this game, hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes.

#4 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

I think your looking at his criticism's too hard which feels ironic to me, but whatever :P I love the game so far although the video stuttering will make me cry because I am running at 60+ FPS :(

#5 Posted by Jimbo (9775 posts) -

I'm only a few hours in and haven't decided if I really like it or not yet. A few things annoying me though, like all of the XP flashing up everywhere for everything, they've incentivised stealth too much (I feel like I'm playing that way because the game clearly wants me to play that way, rather than because I want to play that way), the shitty compressed cutscenes look terrible, and the Aug Edition just giving me 10k credits and filling up my inventory with guns right at the start is mega lame.

#6 Posted by ShalashaskaUK666 (520 posts) -

Yeah man TOTALLY about the facial animation, it doesnt take me out of it too much, but I am conscious as to how much extra work Jensen's model has had in comparison to the majority of the sidequest characters. I think Mass Effect and L.A Noire have raised the bar for animation, however I do appreciate the overall 'look' of Deus Ex, and I guess for the size of the game, something had to be sacrificed, and I guess it was graphics.  
Btw I LOVE Jensen's voice and overall aesthetic, I just think he's top-to-bottom badass :D
#7 Edited by Chaser324 (6331 posts) -

I think there's some merit to Jeff's argument.

I really liked a lot of stuff about this game, but the moments I liked it the least were when I was forced into combat (primarily boss fights). The stealth gameplay is fairly competent, and I think the robotic/mechanical AI is somewhat acceptable in that context. It isn't until the bullets start flying that I start having some major gameplay and AI complaints.

However, those moments of slight frustration with the gunplay didn't diminish the overall experience all that much for me, and judging from his review score, they didn't bother Jeff all that much either.

Moderator Online
#8 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
I think Jeff's problem with being able to head shot dudes with the starting gun is that the game doesn't force the player at some point to adapt to a new and more difficult play style. For example: You can win an online match or beat the story of a fighting game if you only use one move. With shooters is seems to be that way especially with this newest generation of shooters and shooter hybrids. Also 
 @ShalashaskaUK666 said:

The same gameplay was in Splinter Cell and that was just fine.  

Are you crazy? Splinter Cell is great and all..but that fucking games game play never evolved past 2004. And it hurts me to say that as a massive SC fan.
#9 Posted by SlashDance (1804 posts) -

I like the shooting in that game. I think it's appropriate that it's not as responsive and fast paced as an action game. You don't want to be able to pop every guard's head off right as you enter a room in a game like Deus Ex. I think it's great that you are at a disadvantage when you end up in a gun fight. I thought the game balances that out pretty well with the augmentations and the fact that you always have a way out of a fight that doesn't involve killing everyone.

Other than that specific point, I think his review was spot on. Hell, I still think he was right to say that the shooting is kinda clunky, not everyone is going to love that.

#10 Posted by corruptsaves (214 posts) -

I haven't played the game yet but I will be getting it after Rage to get me used to frame rates again. It's good to challenge yourself in games and do things your own way, but it's easy to be temped by AI faults and exploit them. Very much like eating all the cookies with a cup of tea, if there were only a handful of them it would have satisfied the need. But when the packets full you just keep eating! 

#11 Posted by ShalashaskaUK666 (520 posts) -

I just meant the keypad stuff from SC not the whole thing, basically I meant that scrolling within a 3x3 pad is not hard and certainly doesnt 'take too long'. Plus I'd rather the game give you a bunch of options and let you play around than 'force' you to do anything, even though the stealth approach is most definately advised. Deus Ex is a phenomenal achievement, and I think the best work of game fiction since Mass Effect 1 & 2 :)

#12 Posted by bybeach (4729 posts) -

I ran into the same problem he did with Shanghai justice, and the report from #chan. I had to try twice before I could trigger the 'what next' sequence. I find the game a bit fustrating sometimes with it's mapping and destination marker/routes, but perhaps I gots to use more skill. Also the game was serious crashing on me, till I turned SSAO down to normal(hopefully this will hold the line, did last evening).

#13 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Yeah i do agree, the game has problems, but i still find it very enjoyable. However, you have to keep in mind that a reviewers job is to let the players know of the flaws, no matter how small. For me Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a 5/5 stars easy, but if i were to write a review of it I'd probably give it 4.5/5 or 4/5. My biggest complaint? No lockpicking. I can understand why the skill system is gone, obviously we don't want a repeat of the original game's shoddy shooting, i just don't understand why the lockpicking is gone.

#14 Posted by Gooddoggy (409 posts) -

@ShalashaskaUK666: To be fair, I think Jeff's issue was more with the computer passwords, which can be fairly long and have to pecked out on a keyboard, rather than the 4-digit keypad codes. I hack everything, regardless of whether or not I have the code, so it hasn't been an issue for me.

#15 Posted by august (3827 posts) -

@Gooddoggy said:

@ShalashaskaUK666: To be fair, I think Jeff's issue was more with the computer passwords, which can be fairly long and have to pecked out on a keyboard, rather than the 4-digit keypad codes. I hack everything, regardless of whether or not I have the code, so it hasn't been an issue for me.

What this guy said.

#16 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

@ShalashaskaUK666: I´m 6 hours in on the 360 so far I enjoy the world, the characters and the story.. but everytime I need to "hack" something or kill a bunch of dudes Im like o god let´s do this quickly (because it sucks) feels like a half ass 3rd person shooter with a weird control layout.

So Jeff points are valid for me.

#17 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (866 posts) -

I play on PC, so the keypad thingy isn't a problem for me anyway.

The only gripe I have with it is what most people have. The boss fights. I like to play these kind of games all stealthy like, but you must fight against the bosses it seems. Just done with the first boss now, and it felt weird suddenly having to shoot at a guy, when I managed to get past all the mercenary dudes in that base without even hurting one of them. But all in all I really enjoy the game, more so than I though I would.

#18 Posted by jonny_eh (58 posts) -

I like that you have to type in passwords, it helps justify my purchase of the xbox 360 chat pad!

#19 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

Opinions bro

#20 Posted by SlashDance (1804 posts) -

I remember Ion Storm streamlined the door code thing in invisible war. If you had the code, the door would just open. That did not sit too well with fans of the first game at all.

I'm gald to have to type passwords, but I play on PC. An option to auto-type would've been nice on console for sure.

#21 Posted by Keenblaze (470 posts) -
@SlashDance said:

I remember Ion Storm streamlined the door code thing in invisible war. If you had the code, the door would just open. That did not sit too well with fans of the first game at all.

I feel like some design choices were made just to please fans of the original and make it play more like the first Deus Ex. All the complaints about this game are almost exactly the same as the first game's complaints. The voice acting in both games is generally terrible, the facial animation in HR is disappointing (the visuals of the 1st Deus Ex were dated back at the time of its release), some things seem unnecessarily clunky in both (shooting, password typing)...  

With that said, all the things Deus Ex did right, Human Revolution did right too. Great story, great world, many choices, multiple paths, etc.  

I can forgive the bad voice acting (I honestly think they intentionally did a lot of it because of the first games infamous bad VO), I actually enjoy that I have to manually type the passwords and codes, and the shooting is perfectly acceptable for me. All of those "criticisms" give me fond memories of the first game.  

I think the one thing that they messed up on was the boss fights. Forcing everyone to adopt a certain playstyle for a boss fight is something I don't remember about the first game and was a very poor addition.
#22 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

Jeff should for a change also talk about the things he likes occasionally. It seems to me he almost only ever points out negatives.

#23 Edited by byterunner (300 posts) -

no, the AI is pretty dumb. At one point I literally walk around a person and did a knock down without Camo on.

#24 Posted by The_Nubster (2052 posts) -
@ShalashaskaUK666 said:

I personally dont think they're that valid, especially the point about having to type out a 4 digit code!! He seemed to go on about that a bit much and make it seem much worse than it actually was. The same gameplay was in Splinter Cell and that was just fine.  
Secondly I think 'the action' is just fine, I'll give him the A.I. being a bit off sometimes, but the example he gave on the podcast seemed like he was deliberately taking advantage of that situation and then complaining about it.  
Actually I find he does that a lot, making a choice and then complaining because he got away with it, like headshotting a bunch o dudes, or playing a certain strict way and then saying 'well where was the incentive to do anything else?'.  
Well where is the incentive in any game to do anything? You could just punch all the time in a fighting game, or stick to one weapon in a shooting game, but you dont, because exploring a games options is way more fun! 

Anyway I digress, I love the action side of this game way more than anything else, and I adore the stealth approach just as much as the all out assault. I think the cover mechanics are just fine, and getting between cover is easy. Granted I think you're best getting the aug that lets you track guards on the radar regardless of line of sight to get the most out of it, but after that its a whole lotta fun take dudes out!!

Anyway what do you guys think? What other criticisms would you levy at the game overall? (Again no spoilers please!)

First, he was complaining more about having to type out entire words for computer passwords, not the four-digit codes of security pads. 

Second, the AI is way off. Sure, he could have chosen not to take advantage of the AI, but the fact is it shouldn't be how it is. There are flashes of brilliance (once they hit me with a concussion grenade and flanked me, I was all "WTF MAN"), but there shouldn't be opportunities to abuse AI routines. If there's a pile of dead bodies and the AI runs to it, it isn't his fault. If they suck at shooting into vents, it isn't his fault. Why would he deliberately leave himself open if there exists an opportunity to deal with things an easy way? 

Playing games a certain way without incentives is a big problem. If there was incentive, you wouldn't play them so strictly. A good reason is all someone needs to try something new, so if the game doesn't present you with new opportunities and reasons to expand your play style, you have no reason to. For example, Bioshock handed you the shock plasmid and machine gun right at the start of the game and never let up on shoveling you ammo and EVE. So why change styles? There's never a situation where it's required outside of arbitrary puzzles or hidden rooms, so you can never learn if you enjoy playing a different way.

All of his complaints are valid. They may not bother you as much, but the issues he mentions do exist.
#25 Edited by Droop (1830 posts) -

I thought it was sorta weird that Jeff reviewed it, it didn't see like he was very attached to the franchise. But then again neither did any of the other reviewers. But he gave a fair review, but should probably just have started with the PC version.

#26 Posted by ShaggE (6341 posts) -
@Droop said:

I thought it was sorta weird that Jeff reviewed it, it didn't see like he was very attached to the franchise. 

That'd likely be why. Best to look at the game without bias for or against the original if at all possible.
#27 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@CptBedlam said:

Jeff should for a change also talk about the things he likes occasionally. It seems to me he almost only ever points out negatives.

yeah its kinda depressing...
#28 Edited by Korolev (1700 posts) -

I found the "A.I" to be atrocious - but then again, of course it was always going to be atrocious. "A.I" is a misnomer - there is no intelligence, just scripted responses and routines. So the "A.I" does act like a moron on many occasions, because it's NOT INTELLIGENT. There has never been genuine A.I in any game, which is why I insist of putting quotation marks around "A.I" whenever I talk about video games.

Everything Jeff said about the "A.I" is true - but what else did he expect? Frankly, I expected the "A.I" to act like an idiot because the game would be too difficult otherwise. The "A.I" in every game acts like an idiot, whether it is Metal Gear, Splinter Cell, Half-Life 2 or any other game.

Then again, some of Jeff's complaints are valid: The fact that enemies won't shoot through glass is a big one. Also, a number of enemies seem to become absolutely flummoxed if you hide in a vent - oh they can see you in the vent, they just don't know how to shoot at you. But that's more or less what I expected from a relatively open ended game like DE:HR.

It always startles me how sometimes bad "A.I" is used as a point to slam a game, yet in other games it's entirely ignored. I've NEVER played a game with good "A.I". Right now, it's impossible, technologically impossible to have good or even semi-intelligent enemy "A.I". We simply do not have the programming skills to create good enemies. Call of Duty has atrocious enemy "A.I", yet no one brings that up. Yet bad A.I in DE:HR is brought up quite a bit. I'm not defending the quality of DE:HR's "A.I", which is pretty poor. I just want to know why people give some games a pass for atrocious "A.I", yet hammer a game for bad "A.I" when the "A.I" is no worse than many other games. Again - look at Call of Duty, in which you will routinely have enemy soldiers charging at you from across a field while firing a shotgun. Or who file in through the same door in a line, or who pop in and out of cover in a tiresome, predictable rhythmic fashion.

#29 Posted by Vinny_Says (5691 posts) -

No game is perfect, so it's Jeff's duty to tell you where the problems lie. But it's true that he often complains about things that he voluntarily does. Yeah you can beat Splinter Cell Conviction with only the pistol but that's not a valid point, plenty of people used all the weapons available... 

Deus Ex has some minor issues, like Shanghai having many floors and making the markers complicated and in one case not showing up at all (Talion A.D. sidequest) and no autotyping on consoles but those things are barely noticeable. 
I found the Bosses actually cool because I finally got to use my guns on my stealth playthrough, but I see how Jeff or others might have disliked them.

#30 Posted by Kazona (3059 posts) -

@Korolev: I agree. There is no such thing as smart A.I. It's all just a matter of how well they're scripted. That doesn't mean I've never been bested by the A.I. but it's always a result of my own carelessness rather than the intelligence of the game's characters.

#31 Posted by The_Nubster (2052 posts) -
@Korolev: The AI in this game is scripted terribly and that's the thing. In a game where there are enemies abound, like Call of Duty, you're gunning them down before they get anywhere near you. They're numerous and disposable, often times respawning until you advance. They're dead before they get to you, but the constant pressure of them running at you is meant to impede your constant march forwards. Whatever gun they're holding doesn't matter; they're only there so you're not waltzing around empty streets. 

Deus Ex, and many other games with bad AI, are hit with that point because the enemies are limited and somewhat meaningful. There's three dudes in this room? That's it. these three guys will banter and talk and patrol with well-animated motions, but when you fire a shot off and they stand in front of a vent and shoot the wall, it's inexcusable. The enemies are here for genuine obstacles, things you need to think about and overcome in a meaningful fashion. They're often the focal points of entire rooms, so when they make idiot decisions (or follow a shitty script) it's amazingly apparent and it shatters the illusion that these guys are people, instead of CoD robots.  

In Half-Life 2, if you start charging into a room with a shotgun, the enemies drop grenades behind them and cover those who are still retreating. In open spaces, like in Episode 2, they often flank and flush you out with grenades; the Deus Ex AI will either stand in the center of a room and not do anything because of some script problem they're hitting, or they'll rush right into your face regardless of anything else. They don't adapt to situations, they weren't scripted to appear even remotely capable in most circumstances. The behaviour of the AI is stuff that isn't seen any longer in triple-A games, and the fact that so much emphasis is placed on enemies and your strategy of dealing with them only makes it clearer that they were handled poorly.
#32 Edited by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

From my limited experience (I've had a busy week) I'm inclined to agree with his criticism. 

I'm actually a little shocked at how shoddy the action side of the gameplay feels, and like others I feel the developers were really hoping, to the point of assuming, that everyone would choose stealth as the way they "want" to play.

#33 Edited by BakedGoods (2 posts) -

Considering GiantBomb's complete lack of enthusiasm for this game over the past year, then seeing all the incredible reviews across the globe, Jeff probably felt like he had to justify the lack of coverage by taking some cheap shots at it--instead of admitting this incredible title had slipped under their radar.

#34 Edited by Marz (5643 posts) -

The shooting is definitely fine even without the augments to stabilize accuracy and recoil.  The AI can be dumb, i still found it better than Crysis 2 at least :P  I also did not have a problem dispatching the bosses on the hardest difficulty, found them quite easy to be honest, but yeah i guess they are kind of out of place in a Deus Ex type of game because of a lack of choice in whether you needed to fight them or not and whether they lived or died.

#35 Posted by Oni (2095 posts) -

@ShalashaskaUK666 said:

Actually I find he does that a lot, making a choice and then complaining because he got away with it, like headshotting a bunch o dudes, or playing a certain strict way and then saying 'well where was the incentive to do anything else?'.

Yep he does this a lot, it's the way he plays games or something. Seems to pick the path of least resistance, or 'game' the system, then complain about it.

#36 Posted by ds8k (412 posts) -

@Tarsier said:

from what i saw of the game ( didnt hear much of jeffs criticisms) it looks extremely janky and cheesy. that trash lady was amazing, her voice didnt sync up with her facial animations at all, nor did any of the other characters. that is the first sign of lazy game design. also the main character sounds like a batman cosplayer. anyways i shut it off after witnessing these 2 things. i dont care how amazing the world is, if i have to deal with that kind of stuff throughout the entire thing i will pass.

So you watched the video the interns put up. Congratulations, you've judged a game based on a few samples of dialogue.

#37 Posted by ds8k (412 posts) -

@Oni said:

@ShalashaskaUK666 said:

Actually I find he does that a lot, making a choice and then complaining because he got away with it, like headshotting a bunch o dudes, or playing a certain strict way and then saying 'well where was the incentive to do anything else?'.

Yep he does this a lot, it's the way he plays games or something. Seems to pick the path of least resistance, or 'game' the system, then complain about it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what Jeff is doing. He's reviewing a game, so he effectively tries to find how cheap the game will let him be. A decent game (not to say HR isn't great) should be able to recognize this style of play and act accordingly, forcing the player to change up their strategies. Instead the game changes nothing and Jeff is allowed to sit in a corner and knock guys out ad nauseam due to poor enemy AI.

#38 Posted by Sin4profit (2909 posts) -

Loved the game myself but i think Jeff's complaints are valid...and the boss fights were fucking terrible...TERRIBLE!

#39 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

He didn't knock the game's score because of all the issues. People tend to list out those annoyances/ issues because they like the game a lot. He gave the game 4 stars which is solid.

#40 Edited by yinstarrunner (1182 posts) -

The AI seems fine to me. Its about what I expect out of stealth games. And yes, I'm classifying HR as a stealth game because that seems to be primarily what it is. Can it be exploited? Yes, just like every other stealth game I've played. We've yet to come to a point where the AI in these kind of games can be both smart and fun to play against. Realistically, at the sight of an unconscious body, guards should immediately begin a full and highly thorough sweep for an intruder, but they don't because the player would get caught nearly every single time. The AI should be at least dumb enough to allow the player a few mistakes in stealth to keep things interesting. This can oftentimes lead to exploits in the AI, but I never felt pressured to find and use them the way Jeff did.  Then again, I heard somewhere that the AI is different between the PC and Xbox versions, so I don't know if our experiences differ.

I'm not surprised Jeff didn't like the actual gameplay of HR. After all, he's well known to not like splinter cell, and this game leans much more around that style of gameplay instead of the shooters of today.  

My biggest complaint about the game by far is the inventory management.  I think its great that the game sorts it for you automatically, but it really IS a pain to have to open it up and drop stuff just for something you'll use immediately, like a health buff or a weapon upgrade.  I wish there was some way to just use stuff from the environment without having to physically put it in your inventory. 

And of course, the boss fights are a travesty. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

#41 Edited by 137 (481 posts) -

I hate games that have shitty fmv sequences and the in game stuff looks better. It reminded me a lot of half life, and I even went on the internet to find out if this game was using the half life engine but it's using some other old shitty like half like engine LOL. I enjoy the shit out of this game I spend most of my time hacking, sneaking around, and pawning stuff off to buy augs or upgrade my guns. I may do another playthrough in the future. I think I should've unlocked the typhoon system a bit earlier. 2nd boss was suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper easy but I also had a heavy rifle and typhoon. First guy was kicking my ass to the point I lowered the difficulty.

I think everything jeff complained about is valid, I think it's a great game but I agree completely with his negative view on things. That's why I pay to be a member of this site and support it because I trust his opinion (on anything but red dead revolver.)

#42 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

@ShalashaskaUK666: Congratulations, you have just identified where you and Jeff differ in opinion. Now in future, you can keep this in mind when reading his reviews, and this will let you gauge if your own opinions will match or diverge from his. So for example if he complains about the AI or action elements in the next game he reviews, you'll know it probably won't bother you in the same way.

#43 Posted by kyrieee (379 posts) -
@bybeach said:
I ran into the same problem he did with Shanghai justice, and the report from #chan. I had to try twice before I could trigger the 'what next' sequence. I find the game a bit fustrating sometimes with it's mapping and destination marker/routes, but perhaps I gots to use more skill. Also the game was serious crashing on me, till I turned SSAO down to normal(hopefully this will hold the line, did last evening).
You actually get the Pocket Secretary, it just ends up at the bottom of the list for some reason
#44 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

Long story short-----> Giantbomb is great, but they're picky as hell, and often times, that has a bigger effect on a games score than it probably should. 

#45 Posted by misterhaan (227 posts) -

i actually looked up the voice actor for sarif because i thought maybe it was will arnett.  i still pretend it is, even though i found some other dude's name.

#46 Posted by H4xlike (39 posts) -

I didn't think the AI was that bad I felt more like the play style exposed the bad AI. People bring up ME2 for the facial; well the AI in that game was awful but you never noticed because you mow down enemies as soon as you saw them and barely used your squad.

#47 Posted by ChaosDent (234 posts) -

I think Deus Ex: Human Revolution has the most satisfying overall gameplay in its sub-genre and I would include recent darlings like the Fallout (3), Bioshock and Mass Effect series in that group. Jeff Gerstmann's criticisms don't really resonate with me, but I don't need his opinion to validate my own.

#48 Posted by TheChaos (1158 posts) -

The only thing I didn't like about the game is how the endings were handled. 
No mater what you do during the game it basically says "which ending do you want?".

#49 Posted by ikwal (225 posts) -

I completely agree with Jeffs points about the action being pretty bad. It feels like it suffers from the same thing that pretty much all games that tries to have too many types of gameplay at the same time. None of them end up feeling very refined.

#50 Edited by Addfwyn (1917 posts) -

I've barely played the game, but a few issues jumped out at me right away, AI being the biggest. Of course it doesn't make me not want to play the game at all, but when I am playing on hard and enemies keep walking up to check the pile of bodies...it's a bit off-putting. It didn't take long for this issue to arise either, happened in the first mission after the introductory stuff. Sure, you could say I am 'taking advantage' of the poor AI, but that seems to be making excuses for what is basically busted AI. I shouldn't have to play a specific way for the AI to work right, or it's broken. It'd be nice if, upon seeing two of their comrades tranq-ed, the enemy didn't just curiously walk up to the pile of 7 bodies and sit there looking at it.

I'm not saying it absolutely breaks the game, since it isn't a game inherently focused on combat, but it is a very valid criticism that could have a fairly significant effect on your enjoyment of the game, depending on how you choose to play it. The fact that the game IS pretty open-ended in how it lets you progress through the game detracts in some ways. It's not going to be as robust a shooter as well...most shooters, nor is it going to be as refined a stealth game as say MGS or Splinter Cells.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.