Jenny Alexander

#1 Posted by fragstoff (7 posts) -

oh...

forget Berret,  this is the biggest obstacle for actually getting out of Detroit 1... 

its just not fair.
#2 Posted by N7 (3570 posts) -

What?

#3 Posted by Tennmuerti (7720 posts) -

@N7 said:

What?

That's the undercover detective in Detroit that gives you a significant side quest chain. Undercover as a prostitute.

#4 Posted by Xolare (1257 posts) -

Dem tits

#5 Posted by Creamypies (4012 posts) -

Thanks for your worthwhile contribution to the forums!

#6 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

Awesome.

#7 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6077 posts) -

Now i have a boner.

#8 Posted by Tennmuerti (7720 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Now i have a boner.

There is only one solution.

#9 Posted by Z3RO180 (228 posts) -
@Tennmuerti: where is this character cause i want to do that mission and get the weapon mods.
#10 Edited by Tennmuerti (7720 posts) -

@Z3RO180: She is hanging out with the prostitutes directly opposite the main entrance to Derelict Row in Detroit, about halfway between your flat and the police station.

at my position
#11 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

What's not fair? The quest wasn't that bad.

#12 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -

I couldn't finish that quest because I went for a no-kill run. What I didn't know however was that they die if I shoot tranq-darts in their heads. I was raised in the Metal Gear Solid school, where they live even with 50 of them straight in their eyeballs. IT'S NOT FAIR.

#13 Posted by eroticfishcake (7780 posts) -
@Azteck said:

I couldn't finish that quest because I went for a no-kill run. What I didn't know however was that they die if I shoot tranq-darts in their heads. I was raised in the Metal Gear Solid school, where they live even with 50 of them straight in their eyeballs. IT'S NOT FAIR.

According to the developers that's by design (which is odd for many reasons) but it's mainly annoying since they don't tell you that anywhere and most of us were trained in mindset of the MGS School of "Yo, tranq that guy in the head." The stun gun has an odd habit of murdering it's targets too. Hmm. 

I actually liked Jenny Alexander. Mostly because she isn't a headswap character LIKE MOST OF THE NPCS IN THIS GAME. Gives her more...character, you know?
#14 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -

@eroticfishcake said:

@Azteck said:

According to the developers that's by design (which is odd for many reasons) but it's mainly annoying since they don't tell you that anywhere and most of us were trained in mindset of the MGS School of "Yo, tranq that guy in the head." The stun gun has an odd habit of murdering it's targets too. Hmm.

It makes sense in a realistic environment, since I reckon you'd be feeling pretty banged up if someone shot a dart straight into your head with a sniper-like weapon. What irritates me the most about it, except for them not saying it in any way, was that even when I tranq'd someone, they'd give me the "merciful" as well as a "marksman" bonus, when in fact it actually killed them. So naturally I always attempted to go for the head since it seemed to put 'em down faster than regular body shots. I'll probably go through it again but it kind of made me not want to play that game for a while after finishing it.

#15 Posted by eroticfishcake (7780 posts) -
@Azteck: Yeah that was my beef with it too. It's just that in a game like this it's a bit tricky to nail down what can be considered realistic or not. But it's really the Merciful/Markman bonus that's busted which annoyed me most of the time. Which is why I now generally use take downs instead. Guarantee to knock them out instead and you get more XP anyway. Shame that the lethal takedowns are more entertaining to look at then that non-lethal ones after 20 hours.
#16 Posted by Tennmuerti (7720 posts) -

@valrog said:

What's not fair? The quest wasn't that bad.

He means it's not fair in a sence that she is sexy and you have to leave Detroit :)

@eroticfishcake said:

According to the developers that's by design (which is odd for many reasons) but it's mainly annoying since they don't tell you that anywhere and most of us were trained in mindset of the MGS School of "Yo, tranq that guy in the head." The stun gun has an odd habit of murdering it's targets too. Hmm. I actually liked Jenny Alexander. Mostly because she isn't a headswap character LIKE MOST OF THE NPCS IN THIS GAME. Gives her more...character, you know?

To be honest she kind of has a wierd chest proportions, not tits but actual chest. It's especially noticeable when her arms are gesticulating close to the body.

#17 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -
@Tennmuerti: Oooh.
#18 Posted by GaspoweR (2509 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

To be honest she kind of has a wierd chest proportions, not tits but actual chest. It's especially noticeable when her arms are gesticulating close to the body.

You mean like the upper torso??

#19 Posted by Sweep (8540 posts) -

@GaspoweR said:

@Tennmuerti said:

So... between the waist and the neck?

#20 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -
@Sweep said:

@GaspoweR said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Are you talking about the upper part of the human body?
#21 Posted by ApolloBob (570 posts) -

USE THE PROD

#22 Posted by MackGyver (508 posts) -

Did this thread really needed to exist?

#23 Posted by GlenTennis (3143 posts) -

I never asked for this.

#24 Posted by Tennmuerti (7720 posts) -

@CitizenKane said:

@Sweep said:

@GaspoweR said:

@Tennmuerti said:

yeeees ?

I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE!

#25 Posted by CrimsonNoir (391 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
@Azteck said:

According to the developers that's by design (which is odd for many reasons) but it's mainly annoying since they don't tell you that anywhere and most of us were trained in mindset of the MGS School of "Yo, tranq that guy in the head." The stun gun has an odd habit of murdering it's targets too. Hmm.  I actually liked Jenny Alexander. Mostly because she isn't a headswap character LIKE MOST OF THE NPCS IN THIS GAME. Gives her more...character, you know?
I think that's a bullshit excuse from the developer to save face from this glitch. People have tested shooting people point blank with the tranquilizer rifle and it only knocks them out. It's only certain cases of people leaning or sitting down that causes them to "die" and even more inconsistent you usually get the merciful XP bonus.
#26 Posted by eroticfishcake (7780 posts) -
@CrimsonNoir: My thoughts exactly. As I said before, the stun gun suffers from the same problem (by killing guys when they're leaning on something or sitting down). I love this game but there are some annoying problems like the iron sights on the revolver being off and using the tranq gun from cover actually hits the top edge of the cover you're hiding behind. It's well optimized but you've got odd problems like that that are pretty obvious from the get go.
#27 Posted by Chop (1962 posts) -

Was I the only one who knocked out every npc after I completed their quest? I totally gave that woman a tasty knuckle sammich. 

#28 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

@CitizenKane said:

@Sweep said:

@GaspoweR said:

@Tennmuerti said:

yeeees ?

I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE!

Ok, so not under the abdomen?

#29 Posted by misterhaan (227 posts) -
@Chop said:
Was I the only one who knocked out every npc after I completed their quest? I totally gave that woman a tasty knuckle sammich. 
that sounds very satisfying!  i am on my second playthrough and may give that a try, though i already moved on to highland park.  i did plan to knock out the arms dealers after i'm done selling them the guns i won't use...
#30 Posted by 137 (481 posts) -

I didn't ask for this.

#31 Posted by Gabriel (4050 posts) -

Man Camel Toe really sticking out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.