Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Leaked build

zungerman090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zungerman090

Someone leaked the build that various websites and magazines received for previews. I played it (that's right, I did) and I loved it. Boss fight was a bit weird, but once I figured out what to do, it was pretty neat. Graphics are amazing, the screenshots and trailers aren't doing this game justice.  

Ask any questions if you want 

By the way, I pre-ordered collector's edition four months ago, so don't just call me names, aight?

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vitor
    @zungerman090:  Regardless of whether or not you Purchased the game, talking about illegally obtained pirated software (which this constitutes)is totally against forum rules and will get you banned. Thanks for sharing your thoughts but best leave it until you actually have the final copy in your hands.
    Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Subjugation
    @Vitor said:
    @zungerman090:  Regardless of whether or not you Purchased the game, talking about illegally obtained pirated software (which this constitutes)is totally against forum rules and will get you banned. Thanks for sharing your thoughts but best leave it until you actually have the final copy in your hands.
    What the hell is wrong with your text?
    Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

And you couldn't wait two months?

meekrophone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By meekrophone

is the hacking minigame any fun?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ryanwho
    @weeman105 said:
    @Vitor said:
    I think if you're going to be the goofy guy who changes his text, you should go full sail and sign all your posts too. Go full weird.
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShaneDev

Is it the full game or the 10 hour preview build? How is the stealth and how have you been playing it? As in did you go stealth or action?

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By buft

yay for pirates, hooray for everyone else who supports the developer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buft said:
    yay for pirates, hooray for everyone else who supports the developer.
    Yay for reading.
    zungerman090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zungerman090
    @meekrophone: Hacking mini game is not bad. Not overly complicated, but also not too simple. I found the timer to go out too fast to have time to think about my next move. It was not bad in any way though. You feel quite a bit of satisfaction from timing your captures well so you can get extra XP and items (programs that help you with this minigame). What bummed me out was that I had to use my Praxis (augmentation) points in order to improve my hacking ability, making me miss out on other awesome augmentations. 

@ShaneDev: Just a 10 hour build. I was a bit of a hybrid. I stealthed my way through, but I didn't just leave the enemies behind. At least I didn't raise any alarms, except for the times when I was spotted by the cameras. Maybe I didn't improve my armour augmentation enough, but I found full frontal attacks to be rather suicidal. You die from about two seconds of sustained gunfire. This kind of forces you to either stay in cover, or use stealth. I found stealth to be more fun than just sitting behind a chest high wall, so... 

@Mr_Skeleton: Nope. I am just that impatient. Come on, cut me some slack. Besides, I am kind of suspecting SE leaking it out on purpose so they can fine tweak some things before the launch. This preview only made me more enthusiastic about the game, and I am definitely getting a collector's edition when it is coming out.
    zungerman090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zungerman090

Also, I skipped some (most) of the side quests and still played it for about 6 hours. What a great game.  
    Edit: Music is great. Really happy that I am getting a soundtrack CD along with my copy. 

vodsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By vodsel

I think this leak is a good thing. If any game needed some sort of extensive demo it was definitely a sequel to Deus Ex. This leak has affirmed my faith in DXHR and I, and I'm sure with many, many other people will buy it happily on release because of this taste.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Sooty

I'm playing it now. This is awesome.

Feels Deus Ex, combat is good, difficulty is there, looks decent - not cutting edge but nice. Definitely buying this.

Story so far is pretty grim. No spoilers from me.

Edit: By the way official Eidos forums are allowing talk about the leaked build so hurrdurr to haters.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By august

I hear you can basically use a strength aug plus a refrigerator to beat everything in the game.

Which sounds awesome, in a Deus Ex kind of way.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xyzygy

YOURE MAKING ME SO JEALOUS. 

AHHH

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vitor
    @ryanwho said:
    @weeman105 said:
    @Vitor said:
    I think if you're going to be the goofy guy who changes his text, you should go full sail and sign all your posts too. Go full weird.
    Ha, nah I'm good thanks! Forgot to change out of Japanese in the language bar - totally unintentional! Typing that at 2am my time, clearly too tired to notice!
    PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PillClinton
    @zungerman090: Where do you have to pre-order it from to get the soundtrack CD?  Anywhere?
    Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Goly

How does it compare to the original Deus Ex and its sequel? Better than the second game and worst than the original or does it surpass both?

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Marz

hmm... dammit... i kind of want to play it myself.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Tennmuerti

my preorder unlock is too far away to wait :P

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mcfart

Might try it, so far previews haven't convinced but if this is as good as people are saying, then def will buy

zungerman090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zungerman090
    @100_Hertz: Augmented Edition. Not really a pre-order special or anything. Had to drop more money on it. Not too stressed about it though. The artbook, man. The ARTBOOK. 

@Goly: It's definitely more like a shooter than first Deus Ex. You don't have to allocated any skill points into your weapon proficiencies. That rather infuriating inventory system is still there though. Also, everytime you pick up an item it goes into your hotkeys. I didn't try pulling out my gun and starting killing pedestrians, but I think that I will now.
    Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Tesla

It's nice to hear positive things.  The original Deus Ex is my favorite game ever so I really want this to be good.

Simulacrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Simulacrum

I'll just leave this here.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ryanwho

hah

awe_stuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By awe_stuck

that is some epic gameplay!!! now im jealous

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MeierTheRed

I can't wait, don't want anything ruined.

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crixaliz
    @Simulacrum: Haha! I'm gonna go pre-order this
    d0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By d0x
    @Take_Opal said:
    I think this leak is a good thing. If any game needed some sort of extensive demo it was definitely a sequel to Deus Ex. This leak has affirmed my faith in DXHR and I, and I'm sure with many, many other people will buy it happily on release because of this taste.
    Im going to have to agree with you here.  Ive been really skeptical on how this game is going to turn out.  Im a HUGE fan of the series and I really wished Warren Spector was on board with it.  Now at least I'll be able to get some honest opinions from real gamers before I buy it.  Ive had it on pre-order forever now and id be heartbroken if it turned out to be bad or even average.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Tennmuerti

Playin through it now.
    Will have a write up this weekend hopefully.

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

#31  Edited By Chocobodude3

"sigh"

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tennmuerti

So far it's a lot like Alpha Protocol but better, cooler and with way more options in terms of mission approach.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Deusx

I don't know if I should get it, I don't want to spoil the story until I have the full game on my hands. People are saying that the game is amazing and fulfills expectations for the first one. Happy to see some good opinions about this. To the people talking BS about piracy in this case... shut up... This is just a leaked beta of a very small part of the game. It only helps the developer selling more copies of the game if it is actually good. 

DaSmart1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DaSmart1
    @Goly said:
    How does it compare to the original Deus Ex and its sequel? Better than the second game and worst than the original or does it surpass both?
    Well the first part is easy, it's definitely better than Invisible War. As for it being better than the original? That's a completely different story. I'll put it this way: DXHR has better gameplay (obviously), RPG elements are different, but I think they're about on par, freedom of choice is probably about equal as well, but nobody will know which story is better until the full game is released, but it'll be hard to top the original's. All in all, with all the improvements DXHR will never be as revolutionary as the original, but it is definitely looking to be an extremely worthy sequel, which I think is all the Deus Ex fans ever wanted.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.