Megan Reed (spoilers)

#1 Posted by Meteor_VII (125 posts) -

So with the information, via the audio tease at the end of the credits, did Megan really not know what Hugh was going to do? Should Adam and by extension the player trust her now or even in a sequel if we have the same player character? It seems to me that she knows what she is getting into but for some reason I am sucker and want to believe that maybe the tease is that Adam knows that she is going to work for page and he might now be going after the Illuimati? I know that last part wouldn't fit into the deus ex timeline but I never played the original so maybe they don't still to strictly to a timeline created by a game that old? Hope there are some decent thoughts in this post, just beat the game at 1 am my time.

#2 Posted by White (1143 posts) -

Megan was probably working for the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo, I mean, Illuminati all along.

#3 Posted by Tennmuerti (7723 posts) -

Read her internal emails with the other scientist found in Omega Ranch. It's pretty clear that she was aware that she working for some bad powerfull people but not in league with them. Just as Hugh wasn't. Hugh fucked up the illuminati plan in the ass with his action.

She is also one of the 2 people who know who subject X is. If she was in league with the illuminati they would know by proxy and their actions at the start of the game do not reflect that at all.

#4 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9765 posts) -

Always be never trusting anyone.  

Or as Stallone put it, "DTA: Don't Trust Anyone." 

#5 Posted by kyrieee (379 posts) -

It's quite clearly implied at multiple points in the game that she doesn't care about the ethics of her work. Whether or not she knew wouldn't have made a difference to her, she just wanted to do the research for her own sake.

#6 Posted by misterhaan (227 posts) -

she definitely appeared to be working with bob page willingly at the end.  i actually didn't trust her since i found out jensen wasn't rejecting his augmentations and that's exactly what patient x was all about.  i'm pretty sure she's responsible for creating the dentons as clones from jensen's dna.

#7 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

Well if you are to believe the MJ12 in Deus Ex is an offshoot of the sect of Illuminati that created the Dentons (as the backstory of the 1st game lays out) then you could believe that they are all working together still, and the split is yet to come, when the people like Bob Page, who want to control people and the people like Morgan Everett and Megan Reed want to advance people part ways.

#8 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5117 posts) -

Am I the only one who thought Megan was a bitch? I mean she is responsible for the death of hundreds of people and all she can say is "I didn't mean to kill them".

#9 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton said:

Am I the only one who thought Megan was a bitch? I mean she is responsible for the death of hundreds of people and all she can say is "I didn't mean to kill them".

Nope
#10 Posted by theguy (796 posts) -

I very much doubt Adam will appear in a future game.

#11 Posted by misterhaan (227 posts) -
@mfpantst said:
Well if you are to believe the MJ12 in Deus Ex is an offshoot of the sect of Illuminati that created the Dentons (as the backstory of the 1st game lays out) then you could believe that they are all working together still, and the split is yet to come, when the people like Bob Page, who want to control people and the people like Morgan Everett and Megan Reed want to advance people part ways.
that does seem to fit since megan and david sarif both seem to talk about wanting to make augmentation more accessible, but i still just don't trust her.
#12 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

@misterhaan said:

@mfpantst said:
that does seem to fit since megan and david sarif both seem to talk about wanting to make augmentation more accessible, but i still just don't trust her.

Sarif indirectly furthers the cause that the Denton brothers (and Helios) rally in *COUGH*INVISIBLE WAR*COUGH* . Megan is a stupid, stupid woman.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.