Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Missing Link worth it?

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BleedingStarX

Obviously its only 600MSP for a few days and I have 600 spare points, I've only recently rebought Deus Ex so I am assuming I'd have to finish it all again before tackling the DLC.

The main put off point for me is losing all your upgrades etc, is this a big game changer or not? I imagine playing this game with non of the cool upgrades to be kinda dull

Saying that a guy from work said it works very well and he thoroughly enjoy the DLC.

Opinions
    misterhaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By misterhaan

you get 7 or so praxis kits pretty quickly, and then you earn them more quickly than in the full game. i was able to unlock all the upgrades i wanted by the end of the dlc, and the boss fight is done way better than the ones in the full game.

assuming 600 points is $6 i say go for it! i'd recommend it for under $10.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

Yep, definitely; I thought it was great. Also, as said, they really did learn from the mistakes they made with the original Boss fights; you can actually defeat the final boss in a bunch of different ways this time.

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BleedingStarX

Im sold, thanks guys

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Tennmuerti

If you like Human revolution gameplay then yes.

Storywise? Eh. The self contained stuff is nice and interesting, but there is only 1 real connecting thread to the main story.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Legend

Yep.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By hatking

@BeachThunder said:

Yep, definitely; I thought it was great. Also, as said, they really did learn from the mistakes they made with the original Boss fights; you can actually defeat the final boss in a bunch of different ways this time.

I am pretty sure the boss fights from the base game were actually outsourced to another company. That just blows my mind, but it totally explains why they were mostly garbage. A shame, boss fights really can hurt a game experience for me.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM

I think regardless of it being a good idea to purchase, if you loved the original game, it's usually always a good idea to buy the DLC that comes with it.

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kandycane2029

I need to get around to finishing this. Downloaded it, played it once, and got distracted by another game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.