Missing Link worth it?

#1 Posted by BleedingStarX (279 posts) -

Obviously its only 600MSP for a few days and I have 600 spare points, I've only recently rebought Deus Ex so I am assuming I'd have to finish it all again before tackling the DLC.

The main put off point for me is losing all your upgrades etc, is this a big game changer or not? I imagine playing this game with non of the cool upgrades to be kinda dull

Saying that a guy from work said it works very well and he thoroughly enjoy the DLC.

Opinions
#2 Posted by misterhaan (227 posts) -

you get 7 or so praxis kits pretty quickly, and then you earn them more quickly than in the full game. i was able to unlock all the upgrades i wanted by the end of the dlc, and the boss fight is done way better than the ones in the full game.

assuming 600 points is $6 i say go for it! i'd recommend it for under $10.

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (11689 posts) -

Yep, definitely; I thought it was great. Also, as said, they really did learn from the mistakes they made with the original Boss fights; you can actually defeat the final boss in a bunch of different ways this time.

#4 Posted by BleedingStarX (279 posts) -

Im sold, thanks guys

#5 Posted by Tennmuerti (7998 posts) -

If you like Human revolution gameplay then yes.

Storywise? Eh. The self contained stuff is nice and interesting, but there is only 1 real connecting thread to the main story.

#6 Posted by Legend (2649 posts) -

Yep.

#7 Posted by HatKing (5813 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

Yep, definitely; I thought it was great. Also, as said, they really did learn from the mistakes they made with the original Boss fights; you can actually defeat the final boss in a bunch of different ways this time.

I am pretty sure the boss fights from the base game were actually outsourced to another company. That just blows my mind, but it totally explains why they were mostly garbage. A shame, boss fights really can hurt a game experience for me.

#8 Posted by NTM (7264 posts) -

I think regardless of it being a good idea to purchase, if you loved the original game, it's usually always a good idea to buy the DLC that comes with it.

#9 Posted by Kandycane2029 (511 posts) -

I need to get around to finishing this. Downloaded it, played it once, and got distracted by another game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.