Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

My Deus Ex: Human Revolution Video Review

CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

Edited By CraigAA1028

My video review of Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Xbox360.  I'd appreciate likes, comments, and subscriptions if you enjoy it. Note that I don't have a great quality microphone and bumping can occasionally be heard. If you have criticisms, let me know. Thanks everyone.  

If you do like the the video, I'd also appreciate if you guys could head over to my written review which I've linked below and give me a recommendation since the text is identical and the video is embedded there. Thanks again.

Link to Written Review    
    Link to My Other Video Reviews 
    Link to my YouTube Channel
    CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By CraigAA1028

My video review of Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Xbox360.  I'd appreciate likes, comments, and subscriptions if you enjoy it. Note that I don't have a great quality microphone and bumping can occasionally be heard. If you have criticisms, let me know. Thanks everyone.  

If you do like the the video, I'd also appreciate if you guys could head over to my written review which I've linked below and give me a recommendation since the text is identical and the video is embedded there. Thanks again.

Link to Written Review    
    Link to My Other Video Reviews 
    Link to my YouTube Channel
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @CraigAA said:
       If you have criticisms, let me know. 
    No that's ok, the last time (and first time) i criticized a video of yours, in a totally neutral and decent and non-confrontational way, you were a complete sarcastic dick about it, getting worked up like an idiot and talking about whether my argument is valid or not.  
    It was a sad sight, so just a heads up for people, if you criticize something in this guy's video expect a wall of text full of sarcasm and dickery.
    Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By SmasheControllers

@Ahmad_Metallic: I can't tell if your being facetious.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By handlas
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @CraigAA said:
       If you have criticisms, let me know. 
    No that's ok, the last time (and first time) i criticized a video of yours, in a totally neutral and decent and non-confrontational way, you were a complete sarcastic dick about it, getting worked up like an idiot and talking about whether my argument is valid or not.  It was a sad sight, so just a heads up for people, if you criticize something in this guy's video expect a wall of text full of sarcasm and dickery.
    sounds entertaining...link?
    CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CraigAA1028
    EDIT: Linked the wrong video first time. Fixed now. 

@handlas
    : I'll give the the link. Just have to read the comments. Here ya go!

@Ahmad_Metallic: I dismissed your criticisms because it didn't make any sense at all. When I do a let's play of a game that's 6-7 years old, I'm suppose to stop and teach people who have never played the game what I'm doing so they can learn? What?
    Avatar image for thefianlfrontier21
    TheFianlFrontier21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Ahmad_Metallic: craig likes to be sarcastic. doesnt mean his points were any less valid. your argument really didnt make much sense duder. regardless we should just be focusing on the review shouldnt we? which was great btw
    Bumpton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bumpton

I thought it was great, man! Well produced and offered up tons of info. One thing I'd suggest: Personally, I really liked it when you stopped talking for a bit and would play a bit of music or dialogue from the game. You did it a couple times in the Sound section of your review, but I think I'd be nice punctuation throughout the rest of the video as well. So long as it's not excessive, that is. 

I'll definitely be checking out some of your other reviews though! This was a first for me.

CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CraigAA1028
    @Bumpton: I try to do it when it's appropriate, but if I'm bot feeling it, I don't. I'll always try to have something at the beginning, end, and something in the sound section to highlight music and/or voice acting.
    Popskinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Popskinz

I'm repeating my Youtube comment again here, since i would like to know if this was okay with you, prior to me making my own video review -- "Nice review, Craig -- i just bought this game today (it was released in Europe today) and i'm putting together a video review myself. Do you think it's possible for me to upload it as a video response to your review, would that be okay with you? Please do let me know; cheers."

Sorry for being intrusive ^^

Bumpton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bumpton
    @CraigAA: Hah, certainly hard to argue with that reasoning! In any case, that was the only thing I personally wished there was a bit more of. Damn close to those reviews on Game Trailers, and I LOVE those. 

Again, nicely done, sir!
    CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CraigAA1028
    @Bumpton: After spending about 8 or so hours on this thing, I just wanted it done lol
    KennyIsMe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KennyIsMe93

Great written and video review. Who the hell decided not to recommend it? BLASPHEMY!

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vexxan

As always, a well-made and informative video review :)

Good job!

KennyIsMe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KennyIsMe93

I'm going to bump this thread for ya. Bump

CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CraigAA1028

And since theres a hurricane coming, I'll do my normal one bump now in case I lose power. 

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By djstyles92

Fantastic as always

CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CraigAA1028

Anyone willing to recommend the written version? Petty please with sugar on top?

Popskinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#18  Edited By Popskinz
    @CraigAA: I can only recommend it once -- sorry xD
    kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kyrieee

Some comments:
    A "merely memorable character" sounds like a contradiction, to say that a character is memorable is quite strong praise.
    Cache is pronounced like "cash" but maybe your pronounciation is a regional thing.
    You show a lot of moments from far into the game. I don't think it's a very spoilery review, but it's something to keep in mind.

Pretty well produced overall.

CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CraigAA1028

To me, there's a big difference between being memorable and being someone I actually care about. I remember who Sarif and Taggart are, but I didn't care about their fates. Malik, on the other hand, I grew to actually like and care about.  

I've heard both pronunciations of cache. To the best of my knowledge, both are accepted. 

I show moments from far in the game, but they mean nothing out of context. For example, when I'm discussing story and you see Jensen running from machine gun fire, that scene is taken from almost the end of the game. But without knowing the context, it's just an action beat. 

Not shitting on your points, just defending mine.

ChillyUK7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By ChillyUK7

Never had an AI spot me when I was in cover but that may be down to you playing it on 360, I've heard the A.I can be finicky compared to PC, not that the PC versions A.I is great but you get the idea. I urge anyone who can run it to get it on PC over consoles, while I haven't played the console versions the aiming looks very clunky, on the PC firefights felt great (plus quick load times), id often be able to take out a couple of opponents quickly with a silenced pistol, reminicent of Splinter Cell's quick headshot thing (never played it). The graphics really are all over the place, the art direction is fantastic as are the enviroments, certain characters like Adam, Megan and Tong look great but most others don't, it reminded me of Mass Effect where Shepherd and the alien species looked great but the humans looked terrible. Graphically the game feels like an extreamly upgraded PS2 game. Great review btw.

AFenders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AFenders

Saw your review before I saw this post. Well written and the video was very professional. Me likey

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.