Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

New Interesting Details!

Gump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Gump

I've made this thread for all the people interested about the third installment of the legendary cyberpunk-themed series. This important information comes from a "community admin" named "Rene" which is currently involved with Deus Ex 3.

Here's the link to the Deus Ex 3 community and here's the original thread. I've added some images below.

"RPG

Deus Ex 3 is an RPG. An action/RPG like the first one (Deus Ex).
    I think there's some confusion between the words "skill" and "stat". I know some people are concerned that DX3 will lack RPG elements because of a couple other game design choices, but don't worry, it doesn't. It's an action/RPG like the first game even with the changed aspects.

FIRST PERSON OR THIRD PERSON

The game is FIRST person, but switches to third person for some contextual actions which you have to enable.
    You, as the player, have the ability to swap between views in certain situations...it's a first person game but there are times where you may want you to see Adam doing cool things. It's contextual and you have to enable it by pressing a key. It doesn't happen on it's own.

AUTO HEALTH

Deus Ex 3 will use auto-health regeneration. This is a departure from the original but the industry as a whole has grown up and changed quite a bit in the last eight years and the designers didn’t want people exploring levels just for health packs or having to reload to an old save game because they messed up a scenario and couldn’t advance. I know some people actually liked the exact scenario I just described but this is a decision the team made.

I said "something" has "changed". I didn't say a major gameplay mechanic has been removed. I wanted to share some things with you guys but maybe I need to be more careful if things are going to be so horribly misconstrued. The alternative is to say nothing at all and I definitely don't want it to come to that point.

COVER SYSTEM

The design has been updated to utilize a cover system should you choose to engage it. As the game is still 1st person, it’s only if you press a key when up against a wall that the view changes to a 3rd person perspective. As soon as you move away from the wall, the game returns to 1st person automatically.
    So it's just an option if you want to play that way. If you like the good 'ol DX1 style, you don't have to engage the cover system if you don't want to, so you'll see even less of the contextual 3rd person elements. You can just as easily walk up to that same wall in 1st person and never see the 3rd person cover. It’s just an option if you want to see the way Adam looks with augmentations you’ve chosen throughout the game.

STEALTH SYSTEM

Stealth in DX3 (Deus Ex 3) is based off line-of-sight and sound propagation. You can hide everywhere you see fit as long as you’re hidden by an obstacle and you don’t produce too much noise. Think MGS1&2. In the first DX an enemy could be three feet in front of you but as long as you were in darkness he would not detect you. I mean, graphically in DX3, you still have light and shadows but the shadows are no longer used as the primary stealth element; it’s line-of-sight.

STORY/PLOTLINE

The story and conspiracy elements are every bit a Deus Ex game. It's awesome.
    The writing team at EM (Eidos Montreal) is made up of many talented and experienced people. And did you notice the Sheldon reference...?

MULTIPATH/NON LINEAR

It's still based around making decisions which have consequences, selecting from a multi-path, multi-solution approach in a non-linear space (think DX1 not Invisible War), and you're able to customize your character (Adam) as well as your weapons. DX3 is an action/RPG just like the first game.
    When it comes to freedom, having space to search and roam in, and to run the streets and sewers, don't worry - we have that.
    This was just a magazine first look. That stuff will come next time.

AUGMENTATION & TIMELINE

Adam has mechanical augmentations. Paul and JC were the first of the nano augmented. That's why it makes sense as a Prequel...remember Anna and Gunther were mechanically augmented. And with mechanical augmentations, you will actually be able to see Adam look awesome whereas JC looked pretty normal.

LOADING/LEVEL CHANGE

Our tech supports streaming of data so the transition from indoors to outdoors will be seamless.

FETUS IN TRAILER

I don't think it's a character in the game. I think it has hidden meaning...

HACKING

Hacking is a major pillar of gameplay and is certainly not a mini game. (Sorry Bioshock)
    Hacking in Deus Ex 3 is a significant gameplay option which you can modify with augmentations if that's the way you develop your character.
    Our hacking is well beyond a "mini game" and is really freaking cool.

CHOICE & CONSEQUENCE

The social aspect of the game is extremely important. Do not fear.
    Choice and consequence is a major design influence. This is still a Deus Ex game.

GLOBAL/LOCAL/SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT

Don't worry - we know that traveling the world is one of the core values for Deus Ex...
    You have city hubs to explore in a non-linear fashion.
    There are different routes and different ways to complete an objective.
    The social element is huge. There are tonnes of characters to interact with and the story is massive with a global conspiracy.

CHARACTER/AUGMENTATION DEVELOPMENT

You do gain experience points throughout the game which you can use to either upgrade yourself or your weapons. It's a choice.
    There are many augmentations in the game so like the first one, you can choose how your character (Adam) develops."

Images

Augmentations

Grenade Assortment

Scenarios

*UPDATE: ADDED THE FIRST IN-GAME SCREENSHOTS TO OUR GALLERY!!!

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By OGCartman

Thanks for the info, new about some of it before but still :)

Im fuckin hyped for this game. Loved the original, and had a bunch of fun with the second :D

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By weltal

*Sigh* You better not break my heart, Deus Ex 3.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kush

I know that there are a lot of people out there who seem to think this game is going to be horrible, but I am extremely hopeful for this game and this new info is just making me more excited. The Deus Ex franchise is one of my favorites and I can't wait to get my hands on #3!

Gump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Gump
    Kush said:
    "I know that there are a lot of people out there who seem to think this game is going to be horrible, but I am extremely hopeful for this game and this new info is just making me more excited. The Deus Ex franchise is one of my favorites and I can't wait to get my hands on #3!"
    I think the same :P
    Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Kazona

Ok I was a bit skeptical about this game at first, but after reading this info I have high hopes for it. So fingers crossed that it turns out as good as I am hoping!

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Hamz

Sounds like it could be pretty good. I just hope they give it a good amount of testing before launching it. I would be really disappointed if this game is released with a lot of bugs and bad optimisation as Deus Ex is a favourite series of mine.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By zitosilva

After reading all of this I have a feeling Deus Ex 3 will feel somewhat like Fallout 3, which I guess is a normal step the series would take.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Never played the first two games but I already know that Deus EX 3 will be one of  the best games of 2010  

BTW thanks the OP for the info

Finis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Finis
    @Kush said:
    " I know that there are a lot of people out there who seem to think this game is going to be horrible, but I am extremely hopeful for this game and this new info is just making me more excited. The Deus Ex franchise is one of my favorites and I can't wait to get my hands on #3! "
    It can't be any worse than dues ex 2 XD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.