On sale at amazon (PC Download)

#1 Posted by Zidd (1857 posts) -
#2 Posted by Keenblaze (466 posts) -

Why is everyone always having crazy sales for the PC version of DX:HR, considering it just released? I preordered it for $34 on GreenManGaming...

#3 Posted by Zidd (1857 posts) -

Amazon frequently does sales on recently released games soon after they are released (although usually not this quick)

#4 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -
@Keenblaze said:
Why is everyone always having crazy sales for the PC version of DX:HR, considering it just released? I preordered it for $34 on GreenManGaming...
Probably to give you a good reason to not order it off of Steam. It'll take a while until it gets a sale there, and since most people seem to be attracted to Steam over anything else, every other venue has to offer some incentive for you to buy from them instead of Steam, doubly so when it's a Steamworks game.

That's my take on it, anyway.
#5 Posted by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

Damn fine deal, there. Too bad I already bought. :(

#6 Posted by iDarktread (1189 posts) -

I would like to buy it, but I need to save my money for... : 

Dark Souls 
Battlefield 3 
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 
Halo 
Skyrim 

As of this posting, I have exactly $26.

#7 Posted by ABK_92 (176 posts) -

How does downloading a game through Amazon work? Will I still be able to access it through Steam?

#8 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -
@ABK_92 said:
How does downloading a game through Amazon work? Will I still be able to access it through Steam?
It's a Steamworks title, so you'll get a code to punch into Steam.
#9 Posted by Zidd (1857 posts) -

@ABK_92: Normally you would just download it from Amazon and it would appear in your "games library". But since this is a steam game you can just put the cd key into Steam as @SlasherMan said You could also download it from amazon if you wanted to.

#10 Posted by ABK_92 (176 posts) -

Alright, thanks for the info.

#11 Posted by Skogen (430 posts) -

I just bought it off Amazon. It gives you a key that will add right into your Steam library.

#12 Edited by Marz (5672 posts) -

I had bought it for 28$ from GreenManGaming, they had alot of summer coupon discounts.   Don't regret my buy at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.