Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Possible to get ALL augs?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Tennmuerti

So I just finished Human Revolution, trying to maximize XP and find as many kit's as possible. I got Ghost/Smooth for everything and took down most guards in the game, as well as found numerous hidden Praxis kits. Hacking every hackable object. Backtracked through areas to get all the explorer XP as well. Obviously without resorting to exploits.

As can be seen I'm missing 5 points :(
    As can be seen I'm missing 5 points :(

However this is without the extra preorder mission. Which leads me to believe that the game was designed in a way that it's possible to completely 100% max your augs, if one finds every single secret and hidden areas as well as does that extra content. (which is kind of a bummer that it's not in the standard game) Plus in retrospect I should have EMP'd every robot, since they don't count as kills and big ones give 500xp

Have people come closer to maxing their augs then this?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

You certainly got farther toward maxing it out than I did. But I also found that I had just about everything I wanted a good ways before the end of the game, so I didn't really "grind" so much as the game went on. 

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Hooded

I'm close (Not as close as you though) I still have to finish the game. I'm sure DLC will eventually make it possible.

I'm sure its possible, do you get XP for taking down citizens?

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Legend

I finished the game with 12 more augs left to unlock. I think I would've earned a lot more XP if I had knocked out all guards and hacked everything the first 5 hours I played the game. I simply went through the first few areas without engaging enemies because I didn't know that this gives you less XP.

ApolloBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ApolloBob

I'm missing something here maybe? Admittedly I'm still very early in the game, but unless you're specifically talking about augmenting via game XP only, you can buy Praxis kits at a LIMB clinic for 5,000 credits apiece (unless the price goes up at some point). According to that screenshot, you have enough credits to max everything out right now.

My apologies if "without buying Praxis kits" was implied here and it sailed right over my head.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By bybeach

I've only found a few kits (besides hacking,exploring, etc etc. The key to me now is finding everything you can to sell, but up till my second visit to detroit, I didn't even know of a vendor. Found vendor by serendipity,now I know.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By PillClinton

@Tennmuerti said:

the game was designed in a way that it's possible to completely 100% max your augs, if one finds every single secret and hidden areas as well as does that extra content. (which is kind of a bummer that it's not in the standard game)

If this is true, that's a fucking disgrace. Just wow.

Also (and this is a bit off-topic), I'm going for a completely non-lethal, no kills playthrough for my first run, but I've fucked up on the no alarms Foxiest of the Hounds thing, so I'll save that for my hard playthrough in which I will kill dudes. My question is, am I shooting myself in the face by planning on going for no alarms on Hard? Is that incredibly difficult for whatever reason? Also, no thread hijacking was intended with this post.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Hooded said:

I'm sure its possible, do you get XP for taking down citizens?

No you don't get anything for that.

@ApolloBob said:

I'm missing something here maybe? Admittedly I'm still very early in the game, but unless you're specifically talking about augmenting via game XP only, you can buy Praxis kits at a LIMB clinic for 5,000 credits apiece (unless the price goes up at some point). According to that screenshot, you have enough credits to max everything out right now.

Praxis kits in Limb clinics are limited to 2 per clinic for each time you visit the area.

@100_Hertz said:

@Tennmuerti said:

the game was designed in a way that it's possible to completely 100% max your augs, if one finds every single secret and hidden areas as well as does that extra content. (which is kind of a bummer that it's not in the standard game)

If this is true, that's a fucking disgrace. Just wow.

Why? Most people won't even come close to the amount of points I have, much less maxing out the tree. The game rewards exploration and finding as much stuff and as much hidden stuff as possible. And of course you aren't playing the game with everything maxed out either. This is from an endgame save. So progression and what you unlock is still very meaningful as you play the game.

Edit: sorry my bad, I didn't notice the parts you bolded. It's not so bad imo that the pre-order mission would have probably given 1-2 extra points (plus i dunno, you migh be able to max without it). The bigger bummer here is that the mission involves Tong's son, who is one of the most important characters in the previous Deus Ex games.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#9  Edited By Mnemoidian

@100_Hertz: Beyond what Tennmuerti says, I don't see the issue - I'm not near the end of the game yet, and I've already pretty much unlocked all the Augmentations that I find would be directly useful to my playstyle (non-lethal, stealth, hacking) - the rest are purely quality of life.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PillClinton

@Mnemoidian: Oh, yeah, I was referring to the fact that apparently the ability to 100% max your dude isn't even in the standard game, and requires the DLC, which in my opinion is really scummy. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm accustomed to (and expectant of) being able to "perfect" a game as it is, without having to spend any extra money. This very well may be entirely possible, but I haven't seen any sort of concrete information on that.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

The question of course is, why would you want to? You can easily get all of the useful augmentations, no matter the play style.

Hellstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hellstrom

I just got all the Augs i needed. I spent nothing on the "Cloak" tree. I find it to be useless and energy consuming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 137

it says anyone killed by your hands, does it count if you turn turrets and robots against their buddies?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Vinny_Says

wait....I was wondering why I got the pre-order mission without actually pre-ordering the game..... 

@Tennmuerti: You have 86000 credits....why not just buy the last few praxis kits at Limb clinics?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    wait....I was wondering why I got the pre-order mission without actually pre-ordering the game..... 

@Tennmuerti: You have 86000 credits....why not just buy the last few praxis kits at Limb clinics?
    Limb clinics have a limited number of Praxis kits. It's only two per visit to a location. 
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Binman88
    @blacklabeldomm said:

There's a limit to how many you can buy from clinics. 2 kits in each; 2 there when you first visit them, and 2 there when/if you revisit them later in the game's story. They don't replenish after that.
    RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By RavenX302

They claim in one of the loading screens that you will not be able to upgrade them all, but I had all the augs the OP had with the exception of the full Armour upgrades and maybe one of the accuracy ones and I might have taken out 20 guys the whole time. I didn't even get the 'knock out 50 guys achievement' my first play through, and I missed buying two Priaxis kits, so I am sure you can get damn close.

I found I didn't even upgrade my guy at all once I got hacking, invisibility,falling damage and faster battery recharge, so it wasn't till around the end that I put points on all the other things.  I also found upgrading more battery's was completely pointless, at least to me.
    @137 said:

it says anyone killed by your hands, does it count if you turn turrets and robots against their buddies?

If you use turrets and robots you will not get it. I don't think you can throw things at people either. The two achievements for not killing anyone and setting off alarms are really easy once you get full invisibility. You can basically sprint from one room to the next without anyone really bothering you as long as you can hide in cover awhile to charge the bar up.
    kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kyrieee

You get 50 XP for a nonleathal takedown, but only 30 XP for using a nonleathal weapon. Maybe if you only do takedowns you could manage it.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tennmuerti

@kyrieee said:

You get 50 XP for a nonleathal takedown, but only 30 XP for using a nonleathal weapon. Maybe if you only do takedowns you could manage it.

I did a Pacifist play through :)

kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kyrieee

You can do non-leathal takedowns if you tap the button. Still pacificst.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By eroticfishcake

I think it's possible to get all of them if you do a perfect run of everything. i.e. Ghost, Smooth Operator on every mission. Hack everything (whilst getting datastores). Non-lethal takedown every hostile enemy. "Kill" every robot. Find all hidden areas. Find Praxis kits and using secret paths. I did pretty much all of those. Except the last two missions in which I case I just stealthed past them. The last mission gives a whole bunch of XP if you're patient enough to non-lethal takedown all of them. But by that point you probably have maxed out all the augs you want. 

Edit: I should point out that I have the pre-order mission. It's not terribly long but I think you can earn a Praxis point or two in that if you do well.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tennmuerti

@kyrieee said:

Yes I know, and did, that's what you do when you are doing a Pacifst run and maxing xp at the same time. Non lethal takedowns are the most basic thing to do when you are trying to maximize XP. If you read my original post I mention that I did takedown almost all the guards in the game.

@eroticfishcake: Yea I think I must have missed a few secret areas, even tho I spent about 40 hours on the first play through trying to find as much as possible, it's very likely that something was missed anyway, since there are just so many nooks and crannies. That should probably give 1-2 praxis points. A point from bonus mission and a point from killing all the robots (realised too late they don't count against pacifist) would bring me about 1 point short. As far as the rest goes I did a perfect run with ghost and smooth in every mission

But unless I recall wrongly you do not get any XP from the crazies in the last levels, I remember trying and they basically act like civilians in not giving any XP

I really really want to do a second perfect run, this time with the help of some research on hidden Praxis kits (I found about 5-6 hidden ones but there could be more) unfortunately since my version is Steam I didn't get the bonus mission. Might check out local retailers (they suck) to see if they bothered to import any augmented editions.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By benpack

I never asked for this.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @GlenTennis said:

I never asked for this.

What a shame.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By 137

@GlenTennis said:

I never asked for this.

LOL!!! If you want to do some shady grindage, guns and crap dropped on the floor will remain in the same place in later parts of the game so if there is a weapon you don't plan on using you can stockpile crap somewhere, grab it ONE gun at a time, pawn it, return to your stash rinse and repeat. For items like heavy rifle, tranq rifles, and combat rifles it's going to be a bit confusing to drop your personal inventory, then stock up on expendables, then go back to pick up your stuff. But if you're on some pokemon shit to get all of the augs. That will definitely help raise a few g's.

I'm on my second playthrough now, I'm just going back through all of the areas after completing a mission and grabbing stuff I left behind before flying away.

kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kyrieee
    @Tennmuerti said:

@kyrieee said:

Yes I know, and did, that's what you do when you are doing a Pacifst run and maxing xp at the same time. Non lethal takedowns are the most basic thing to do when you are trying to maximize XP. If you read my original post I mention that I did takedown almost all the guards in the game.

Ok.
    I thought it was a bit ambiguous since you said "took down" instead of "used takedowns" or something like that, if you get what I mean.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Tennmuerti

@137 said:

@GlenTennis said:

I never asked for this.

LOL!!! If you want to do some shady grindage, guns and crap dropped on the floor will remain in the same place in later parts of the game so if there is a weapon you don't plan on using you can stockpile crap somewhere, grab it ONE gun at a time, pawn it, return to your stash rinse and repeat. For items like heavy rifle, tranq rifles, and combat rifles it's going to be a bit confusing to drop your personal inventory, then stock up on expendables, then go back to pick up your stuff. But if you're on some pokemon shit to get all of the augs. That will definitely help raise a few g's.

I'm on my second playthrough now, I'm just going back through all of the areas after completing a mission and grabbing stuff I left behind before flying away.

There really is no need for the money trick. The game has more money then you can ever spend without reselling guns. (notice over 80k in my inventory)

An as has been mentioned Praxis kits sold in LIMB clinics are limited in supply to 2 per area visit :(

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#28  Edited By Sooperspy

I killed a bartender yesterday, and he had a priaxis kit. I guess it's possible, since that guy had one, more NPCs must have them.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Redbullet685 said:

I killed a bartender yesterday, and he had a priaxis kit. I guess it's possible, since that guy had one, more NPCs must have them.

Which one, the one downstairs in the Hive?

If that's him, he gives you that Praxis kit as a reward for a sidequest, that's why he has it on his body.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#30  Edited By Sooperspy
    @Tennmuerti said:

@Redbullet685 said:

Which one, the one downstairs in the Hive?

If that's him, he gives you that Praxis kit as a reward for a sidequest, that's why he has it on his body.

Oh, for some reason I guess I didn't get the money from the girl, so I didn't get the reward. I then killed everyone in the club. 
    Guess you have to buy more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By 137

@Tennmuerti said:

@137 said:

@GlenTennis said:

I never asked for this.

There really is no need for the money trick. The game has more money then you can ever spend without reselling guns. (notice over 80k in my inventory)

An as has been mentioned Praxis kits sold in LIMB clinics are limited in supply to 2 per area visit :(

Ah I didn't really pay attention to how much money you had stacked up, wonder how you got so much, most I accumulated was 20k but I think I spent a lot on modding guns I never used. =(

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#32  Edited By Mnemoidian

@100_Hertz: for what it's worth, I finished the game last night (on "Give me a Challenge" difficulty), got Foxiest of Hounds and Pacifist and took down most (but not ALL) hostile enemies I came across. Hacked pretty much everything (even though I had passwords/codes for a lot of stuff). Did the Pre-order DLC campaign (which is pretty short) and I'm about 12 Praxis Points away from 100% augments.

Unless you get more experience for lethally taking down enemies, I doubt you can get 100% at this point. But it's not balanced around you having 100% of the augments: If you are going non-lethally you probably don't need the recoil reduction, the typhoon augments or fully upgraded armor (though the EMP/Electricity immunity is handy).

So, yes, you will most likely need whatever future DLC will hopefully come for the gameif you feel you need to get all augments in the same playthrough.

Hope that helps :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.