Random battery loss? (SPOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIILERS)

#1 Posted by SkullcrusherMountain (954 posts) -

So I just got back to Detroit. Right after talking to Sarif and heading to the elevator, my hud lost its shit, I grunted, and I randomly lost 1 battery. I didn't really understand, and went on. Now, I'm just about to talk to Taggart. As I'm walking through the convention center, the same thing happened. Is this explained at all later? I am really weirded out by this.

#2 Posted by yinstarrunner (1199 posts) -

Hmm that is pretty weird. Maybe its a glitch or something. Just try not to keep your batteries fully charged until you really need them, I guess?

#3 Posted by MiniPato (2741 posts) -

Don't worry about it.

#4 Posted by Clinkz (1118 posts) -

Its supposed to happen, bro.

#5 Posted by SkullcrusherMountain (954 posts) -

@Clinkz: Heh, alright. Just sort of weird, and not explained at all.

#6 Posted by SkullcrusherMountain (954 posts) -

Heh, it just got explained. I guess? Sort of abrupt.

#7 Posted by JoeyRavn (4974 posts) -

@SkullcrusherMountain said:

I wouldn't say it was abrupt. The was quite a lot of build up (it happens at least three times, IIRC, each one increasingly more violent than the previous one) before they explain the reason why that happens. Those glitches are a sort of foreshadowing of what will eventually happen, though the player will probably forget about them pretty quickly. That's what the game wants to do, actually. It's a very clever way of tricking the player into thinking he's off the hook, and it also reinforces the position of Adam Jensen in the overall plot.

I think was a very well written aspect of the game.

#8 Posted by SkullcrusherMountain (954 posts) -

@JoeyRavn: Yeah, when I said "explained" last night, it wasn't really. I just got to the Dragon Lady scene where it actually is explained. Slow burn. I like it.

#9 Posted by BinaryDragon (638 posts) -

@JoeyRavn said:

@SkullcrusherMountain said:

I wouldn't say it was abrupt. The was quite a lot of build up (it happens at least three times, IIRC, each one increasingly more violent than the previous one) before they explain the reason why that happens. Those glitches are a sort of foreshadowing of what will eventually happen, though the player will probably forget about them pretty quickly. That's what the game wants to do, actually. It's a very clever way of tricking the player into thinking he's off the hook, and it also reinforces the position of Adam Jensen in the overall plot.

I think was a very well written aspect of the game.

mee too.

#10 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11031 posts) -

Man, I remember that! It was kinda neat, but having played the game twice, the fact that they always happen in the same spots at the same time is a little disappointing. A little randomness to them would have been neat. 

#11 Edited by Tennmuerti (8104 posts) -

It's especially great if you get to tell Zhao: "Nuh-uh, bitch."

#12 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

@Clinkz said:

Its supposed to happen, bro.
#13 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

I had this bit spoiled in a discreet manner but spoiled nonetheless, I just did what I thought I would've done had I not known.

One of the cool(er) moments in the game.

#14 Posted by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

The first time it happened (leaving the apt), I thought it glitched and damaged me for hitting a wall or something. Then it happened again, and I knew they were foreshadowing something. One of the cooler touches in the game, I think.

#15 Posted by bybeach (4832 posts) -

I got a descreet warning also. Like ervonymous I just reacted to cues and felt that would have been my course of action anyways. The game already had several episodes of suckering me in for a slap, so I acted accordingly.

#16 Posted by AndrewB (7621 posts) -

I had the same problem trying to figure out if that was supposed to happen or not. I chose to believe it was, which led to me kind of predicting the why of it. It's actually pretty cool. Them sending out tests before the ultimate result.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.