Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Secondary mission: Cloak & Daggers (spoiler warning)

Morien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Morien

So I've done all of the things this mission has said for me to do, yet it won't let me complete the part that says "Neutralize all MCB opposition."

First of all, when I first attacked the apartment, I used tranq darts on all of the guys except the main target, which I knocked out using the non-lethal take-down. This didn't clear the objective..

So I went back and shot each of the guys with my machine pistol except the main target, knocking him out again. Still not clearing the "Neutralize all MCB opposition" objective.

I'm at a loss here.. I have tried everything I can think of. The way-point for "Neutralize all MCB opposition" is telling me to enter an apartment complex I cannot get in when I look for it on the map, and when I crawl through the tunnel going from once side of the map to the other, the way-point actually moves position. When I stand on the emergency exit stairs outside the MCB apartment, I look and see the way-point floating in the air above the buildings about 86 meters from where I'm standing..

Any help?

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By project343

The arrow should be pointing to a glass window that can be accessed via a scaffold along that same wall. This scaffold should be right around the basketball court, if my memory serves me right. I went up there, shot a bunch of dudes in the head, saved the key target for last, and paunched him in the face.

Objective complete.

Not sure if that helps?

Psamtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Psamtek

Hi, this just happened to me now. That extra marker is actually another guy spawned obviously in the wrong location - problem is that he's also invisible. What you need to do is make enough noise to rile the guards in the room up and he'll start moving around and swaying the marker around. When that happens, go outside the window you came in to the fire escape and go up a level, aim toward the marker and take pot shots at him. His location should be around those two steaming pipes on the rooftop opposite. Hopefully you'll kill him and boom, objective complete.

Morien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Morien

Well I'm glad someone else had this glitch, and that you worked it out for yourself, Psamtek. I just loaded a previous save and tried doing what you suggested, but it didn't work. I made a bunch of noise, went on alert status with everyone in the whole area, pissing off the punks down below the fire escape, and the marker never moved. I tried shooting all my ammo at the marker, which is floating in the air above the water tower about 100 meters from the third level of the fire escape, and I also shot everywhere around the two steaming pipes, hell the whole rooftop area was littered with bullets but still didn't get a kill or complete.. Guess I'll have to tack this up to new PC game glitches just like Fallout and move on, which I have done already since I'm in China with my current save.

Psamtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Psamtek

Ah that sucks, I must have been really lucky then. I would never have thought that shooting at the marker would have worked, but there you go. I think the quest awards a thousand or so XP and a bit of money, so it's nothing essential... no idea if it has repercussions later on or anything though.

Sirsofaspud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sirsofaspud

I shot at the marker while in the bedroom alerting him then ran outside. I shot at the marker and caused a whole bunch of noise, alerted everyone around me and the dude at the marker started running around and then jumped 30M below the ground floor. This is annoying. Now hes stuck underground and there is no way to reach him.

Gashlycrumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Gashlycrumb

did you get the guys in the bedroom?  they are behind a door you have to hack, two of them in there.  i hacked the door and was surprised to see them there, but after i took those two out (had already knocked out all the ones in the main room, including the target) then it showed the objective as completed.  just a thought.

Morien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Morien

@Gashlycrumb: Yes you have to either hack that door or cause noise in the room outside just to get to your main target in the first place. Unless of course you want to break through the wall that leads directly into the bedroom. The few of us that have had this glitch are just unlucky I guess.

wonko33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By wonko33

@Psamtek said:

Hi, this just happened to me now. That extra marker is actually another guy spawned obviously in the wrong location - problem is that he's also invisible. What you need to do is make enough noise to rile the guards in the room up and he'll start moving around and swaying the marker around. When that happens, go outside the window you came in to the fire escape and go up a level, aim toward the marker and take pot shots at him. His location should be around those two steaming pipes on the rooftop opposite. Hopefully you'll kill him and boom, objective complete.

Just wanted to thank you, he sure was there. I threw a concussion to the left of those smoking pipes, but i could not get a shot at him so I got him with a frag when he came close to the edge of the roof. I was saving those grenades but oh well, at least im not stuck anymore. So I appreciate you taking the time to post this here,

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NTM

Trust me, I'm having this same exact problem right now looking for a solution before I go to Hengsha.

skinnycoder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By skinnycoder

Well, not sure how many people are still going to need more info about this since the last guy that posted was a week ago, and before that MONTHS ago, but if you end up here from a Google search or whatever, maybe this will help you:

I had this happen but there was no way to fire at the guy (he was waaaaaaaaaay far off and hidden.) So I ended up going into the nearby LIMB and leaving again to cause him to respawn. The first time I did this he still spawned badly, but was better. So I tried one more time (this time I also rebooted the game, so you may want to also try that, but honestly I don't know if that was what did it) and it worked! He finally spawned correctly inside the room.

TL;DR - Go in and out of LIMB until the bastard spawns correctly in the room. Worked for me! I also quit completely out of the game once, but I'm not sure if that was needed.

Rakonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rakonas

@skinnycoder said:

Well, not sure how many people are still going to need more info about this since the last guy that posted was a week ago, and before that MONTHS ago, but if you end up here from a Google search or whatever, maybe this will help you:

I had this happen but there was no way to fire at the guy (he was waaaaaaaaaay far off and hidden.) So I ended up going into the nearby LIMB and leaving again to cause him to respawn. The first time I did this he still spawned badly, but was better. So I tried one more time (this time I also rebooted the game, so you may want to also try that, but honestly I don't know if that was what did it) and it worked! He finally spawned correctly inside the room.

TL;DR - Go in and out of LIMB until the bastard spawns correctly in the room. Worked for me! I also quit completely out of the game once, but I'm not sure if that was needed.

This thread came up as the first result on google, and your advice worked flawlessly. Thanks a ton.

Velsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Velsk

@skinnycoder: Thanks! Just found this page from Google and your solution worked on the first try.

FishBrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FishBrain

I jumped onto the air cond box near the top of the MCB bldg fire escape for a bit of extra height. I fired tranq dart at the blue marker (I couldn't see him) and the dude went down. (If you use loud weapon you become target practice for the guys in the alley.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.