Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Takedown-mov(i)es....

JackG100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By JackG100

... When you sneak up and take people out and you get to watch a small cutscene of this happening... does anyone truly enjoy watching those over and over?

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShaneDev

What would you rather happen? Have the guy just fall down in front of the player? Its showing you what the guy is doing and doing the take down a is risk because it takes time and the player can be spotted. They look cool so why wouldn't I want to watch them over and over again. If you don't want to watch them just shoot the guy in the head with a silenced pistol and you're done.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Twisted_Scot

If they change them up a bit and they don't last too long I'm fine with watching them (since I can just pull out a gun and shoot them or stealth past them) Its only when its like Fallout 3 & NV where after hour 60 we don't need to see the 15 second slow motion head shot again.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Twisted_Scot said:

If they change them up a bit and they don't last too long I'm fine with watching them (since I can just pull out a gun and shoot them or stealth past them) Its only when its like Fallout 3 & NV where after hour 60 we don't need to see the 15 second slow motion head shot again.

There is a decent variety of them, and they are super quick. At least from my perspective.

@JackG100: if you get tired of them there are many other options, use a silenced weapon, or a stun gun, or a dart, or just sneak by the and ignore them, or shoot them in the face with a rocket launcher :P

JackG100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JackG100

Really, they look cool? What the.... I rather just have me first person smack the guy on the head, and have him drop. Like in Thief, or the original Deus Ex when you baton a guy from behind. Watching the same animations over and over ain't my idea of fun or cool.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti

@JackG100:

Then use a stun gun, or any other number of alternative which have already been mentioned.

Hitting guys on the head with a baton is also just one animation, that you did over and over again. At least now there is more then 1, far more for that matter.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShaneDev
    @JackG100: I think they look a lot cooler than take downs in games like Splinter Cell. I am not sure if the take downs are only for unarmed melee attacks but I don't want the player character to just judo chop everyone he meets if he is suppose to be a highly advanced cyborg. In the first Deus Ex all you did was stun baton everyone and once you got the Dragon Tooth Sword it was just run,swing,run,swing. Personally I think this looks a little better but I have yet to play the game so it might get annoying.
    JackG100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JackG100

You are missing the point, the point is that in the old games you could baton a guy, and move immediately. In this game you gotta wait for whatever time the soon to be very dull to watch animation is over.

And stop telling me what weapons to use. And wtf. stun gun?! Where's the stun baton?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tennmuerti

@JackG100 said:

You are missing the point, the point is that in the old games you could baton a guy, and move immediately. In this game you gotta wait for whatever time the soon to be very dull to watch animation is over.

And stop telling me what weapons to use. And wtf. stun gun?! Where's the stun baton?

The stun baton is in the original Deus Ex, if you want a carbon copy with everything being the same it might be a better idea to just replay that game again :)

And I'm not telling you to use anything I'm saying there are options that can be used if you are bothered by 1-2 seconds of the stun/kill animation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.