This game is terrible

#1 Posted by swat200 (242 posts) -

I was loving it for the first half right up until you get to the end of china, and then it just de-evolves unto one huge stealth mission, with 0 exploration. when i did try and find vents to use to get around all they did was lead me to dead ends. tried playing for a bit longer and got back to china for a second time but now everything just seems to want to fight me. Also you die WAY too frequently in this game.

#2 Posted by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

Yes, frequent deaths are obviously the fault of the game. I'd return that piece of crap and get something where you die less.

#3 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

I find that I tend to die with about 3 shots to the face. 

My solution: don't get shot in the face.  

Just run as fast as you can when someone sees you and quicksave a bunch and you should be fine.

#4 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Is that you Brad?

#5 Posted by cinemandrew (711 posts) -

@swat200: I've been playing mostly stealthy the entire game, so I can't really relate, but I do find that when things go bad, I go down super quick. I found myself starting to pick up the armor upgrades so I last another second or two.

The one suggestion I could make is to try to use cover more (if you're not already). Even if you're not being stealthy, standing out in the open is going to get you killed. This game plays noticeably different from most modern shooters. You are not a bullet sponge, and you have to be a little more cautious.

#6 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@Claude said:

Is that you Brad?

aww :(

#7 Posted by dagas (2837 posts) -

From what I saw in the QL it didn't seem like a great game. It seems the gimmick is having optional paths, but if that boils down to hacking a door or taking a ventilation duct in to an office then that's not really that exiting. I was hoping for something like Alpha Protocol with better gameplay, but it seems more like Splinter Cell with bad gameplay.

#8 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@dagas said:

From what I saw in the QL it didn't seem like a great game. It seems the gimmick is having optional paths, but if that boils down to hacking a door or taking a ventilation duct in to an office then that's not really that exiting. I was hoping for something like Alpha Protocol with better gameplay, but it seems more like Splinter Cell with bad gameplay.

Maybe you should try playing the game before judging it. It's more of Deus Ex 1 with a modern tint.
#9 Posted by Vinny_Says (5709 posts) -

I find this game awesome, but maybe that's because I'm good at video games and don't die every 3 seconds....

#10 Posted by rmanthorp (3950 posts) -

FUCKING OPINIONS! 

How do they work?

#11 Posted by rmanthorp (3950 posts) -
#12 Edited by spazmaster666 (1968 posts) -

The frequent deaths were much more annoying when the load times were so damn long even on the PC version. The latest patch fixes that though and makes the game much less frustrating since having to wait as long as thirty seconds for the game to reload each time you die (or in my case each time I set off an alarm since I was going for a "ghost" run-through) was pretty damn irritating.

#13 Posted by Legend (2659 posts) -
@Rufi91
FUCKING OPINIONS! 

How do they work?
LMAO!
#14 Posted by Stahlbrand (838 posts) -

I am really enjoying the game (right at the end, atm) but I do wish that we got to see future-Montreal as a hub area (spoiler - you don't).

Also, thank goodness for that load-time patch, its still longish for a PC load, but it is much improved.

#15 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

@Claude said:

Is that you Brad?

HA

#16 Posted by XenoNick (1408 posts) -

Well I got the game today after work and am loving it so far.

#17 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -
@Claude said:

Is that you Brad?

Brad doesn't like this game?
#18 Posted by Xolare (1284 posts) -

THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE AT BEING BAD.

#19 Posted by Zippedbinders (997 posts) -
@Klei said:
@Claude said:

Is that you Brad?

Brad dies a lot.
#20 Posted by Loose (419 posts) -

THIS GAME IS POPULAR AND HAS GOTTEN GOOD REVIEWS BUT I DON'T LIKE IT SO EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW IT'S BAD.

#21 Posted by 137 (481 posts) -

@Aronman789 said:

I find that I tend to die with about 3 shots to the face. My solution: don't get shot in the face. Just run as fast as you can when someone sees you and quicksave a bunch and you should be fine.

to move in this game the buttons are w,a,s,d,f5 if a wrong step was taken press f9 problem solved.

#22 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I guess? All I know is that I've seen both the Quick Look and the GameTrailers review, but I still have no idea what the hell the game's like, let alone whether or not I'd want it.

#23 Posted by Floppypants (798 posts) -

I can't be the only one who thinks this game is actually pretty easy.

#24 Posted by Three0neFive (2293 posts) -
@Loose said:
THIS GAME IS POPULAR AND HAS GOTTEN GOOD REVIEWS BUT I DON'T LIKE IT SO EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW IT'S BAD.
I THINK EVERYONE WHO DISLIKES SOMETHING THAT IS POPULAR IS INCAPABLE OF FORMING THEIR OWN OPINION AND ARE ONLY TRYING TO BE CONTRARIAN

you're the worst kind of person
#25 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

@Three0neFive said:

@Loose said:
I THINK EVERYONE WHO DISLIKES SOMETHING THAT IS POPULAR IS INCAPABLE OF FORMING THEIR OWN OPINION AND ARE ONLY TRYING TO BE CONTRARIAN you're the worst kind of person

to be fair, most people on the INTERNET as well, including rabid deus ex purists, like this game as well, so... as well as his criticism being bullshit because he wasn't complaining about the bosses

#26 Posted by The_Nubster (2151 posts) -

Probably don't have a thread titled "This game is terrible" because that's just objectively wrong. No opinions about it, this game is functional and finished with a very small amount of bugs. Everything operated and it's obvious a lot of care has been put into the product. 

That is a terrible game. 

In your opinion, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a terrible game.
#27 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

I beat the game without killing anyone.
It's a great game, you are wrong.

#28 Edited by Tsoglani (585 posts) -

Great game:
 "oh no's, I be dying all the time!" Maybe you're just shit at the game. lol.

I believe this is what Mass Effect 2 SHOULD have been...  
That's just my opinion though (and quite a few others!)

#29 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

The thread gave me some great laughs!

I haven't died yet in DE:HR. Wait a minute I don't have the game yet.

#30 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@Zippedbinders said:
@Klei said:
@Claude said:

Is that you Brad?

Brad dies a lot.
in other words: Pulling a Brad
#31 Posted by Legend (2659 posts) -
@Tsoglani
Great game:
 "oh no's, I be dying all the time!" Maybe you're just shit at the game. lol.

I believe this is what Mass Effect 2 SHOULD have been...  
That's just my opinion though (and quite a few others!)
I haven't played Mass Effect yet, but I'm interested to play it. If you have time, can you tell me what ME does differently/similarly to this game?
#32 Posted by august (3846 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

I guess? All I know is that I've seen both the Quick Look and the GameTrailers review, but I still have no idea what the hell the game's like, let alone whether or not I'd want it.

It's a lot like Deus Ex.

#33 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@august said:

@Video_Game_King said:

It's a lot like Deus Ex.

Given that I've never touched a Deus Ex game, that doesn't help.
#34 Posted by 137 (481 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@august said:

@Video_Game_King said:

It's a lot like Deus Ex.

They both have techno music soundtracks and take place in the future and have advanced technology. exactly the same game =/

#35 Posted by august (3846 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@august said:

@Video_Game_King said:

It's a lot like Deus Ex.

You have now been demoted to Video_Game_Queen.

#36 Posted by ajamafalous (12001 posts) -

@Claude said:

Is that you Brad?

Haaaaahahahahaha

#37 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@august said:

You have now been demoted to Video_Game_Queen.
I can be a Queen whenever the hell I want!
#38 Posted by Evilsbane (4619 posts) -

@Legend said:

@Rufi91
FUCKING OPINIONS!

How do they work?
LMAO!

Stop FUCKING Opinions!!! It Creates unwanted opinions, have your opinion spayed or neutered!

#39 Posted by DeanoXD (608 posts) -

i just got to china, i did all the story missions and side missions that i found in Detroit playing as combo of stealth and combat, and i have to say i don't really like the game that much, its ok but it isn't to me at least this ground breaking over the top super polished, riveting story driven game that some have made it out to be. i can play it for a about two hours at a time and then i have to walk away but i will most likely still finish it but i am not rushing to do so.

#40 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@Claude said:

Is that you Brad?

Haha.

#41 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

I haven't played the game, but how can it be good when you don't really get to be a hero and save people. I get to choose whether or not the enemies die, who cares? I want to save a cheerleader and rocket the president to safety, duh.

In Runescape I have like 28 skills, Deus Ex has like 10? And hacking is so boring SNORE. I'd rather just shoot the computer with a hack gun, that's how I roll.

And look at the box art, super cool Final Fantasy 7-like guy but then he gets emotional issues or something? Come on this has been done before, I want that kick-butt guy who doesn't take nobodies bull and does cool things like hit someone with a knife and say "Nice to meat you".

But hey I give it 2 stars out of 5 because I like to keep it real and I hear there's some sick chicks in this game. Here's a callout to SithMeister man you keep it real, keep sending photos of that sick scar you got boarding up those SA ramps!

#42 Posted by The_Nubster (2151 posts) -
@Levio said:

I haven't played the game, but how can it be good when you don't really get to be a hero and save people. I get to choose whether or not the enemies die, who cares? I want to save a cheerleader and rocket the president to safety, duh.

In Runescape I have like 28 skills, Deus Ex has like 10? And hacking is so boring SNORE. I'd rather just shoot the computer with a hack gun, that's how I roll.

And look at the box art, super cool Final Fantasy 7-like guy but then he gets emotional issues or something? Come on this has been done before, I want that kick-butt guy who doesn't take nobodies bull and does cool things like hit someone with a knife and say "Nice to meat you".

But hey I give it 2 stars out of 5 because I like to keep it real and I hear there's some sick chicks in this game. Here's a callout to SithMeister man you keep it real, keep sending photos of that sick scar you got boarding up those SA ramps!

lol ya this game sounds so stupid why even bother saving people when you can shoot them LOL

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.