Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Avatar image for deactivated-5b047a335a3c2
    deactivated-5b047a335a3c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

xxxxx

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#2  Edited By ArbitraryWater

If anything, I think the game's story would have a better chance of not sucking if it didn't try to tie into the first game, mostly because I don't especially like the story of the first game. The world of Deus Ex is an interesting one. The stories presented in it are not.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ryanwho

It does create a situation where if its successful its not clear where to go. You jump ahead of Invisible War even though a bunch of people never played that shit, or do you go even further back whkch is kinda boring. Its like with Street Fighter 4 being a prequel. Now that's a success, we gonna get 5 more tournaments between SF2 and 3 or do you go ahead in time? Probably, you have 5 more tournaments between 2 and 3. And with this, that's probably what they do too. They make a direct sequel to the prequel which is still a prequel to the main game, then maybe they remake the main game.

HotSauceMagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By HotSauceMagik
    @ManiacMaysin: I think you have to consider the fact that when the first game came out, all that stuff looked very high-tech.  Now...not so much. Based on the trailers for this game, I don't think they're too far off what DX would have looked like had it be released today.

Also, I think I'm in a pretty small minority but I enjoyed Invisible War.  I played it on xbox, which might have had something to do with it (even on the pc, it feels like it was developed for the xbox). 

If they jump ahead of IW for the next one, I think it will be fine.
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

I had this same problem with Star Trek Enterprise taking place prior to Star Trek the Original Series.  What about all the mini-skirts?  When Archer was captain of the Enterprise there weren't any mini-skirts but then by the time Kirk was captain, mini-skirts were all the rage, and then dropped out of fashion again by Picard's time?  I don't buy it.  I wonder if there will be any mini-skirts in Human Revolution.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By tebbit

@PenguinDust said:

I had this same problem with Star Trek Enterprise taking place prior to Star Trek the Original Series. What about all the mini-skirts? When Archer was captain of the Enterprise there weren't any mini-skirts but then by the time Kirk was captain, mini-skirts were all the rage, and then dropped out of fashion again by Picard's time? I don't buy it. I wonder if there will be any mini-skirts in Human Revolution.

This is truly the question of our times.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@ryanwho said:

It does create a situation where if its successful its not clear where to go. You jump ahead of Invisible War even though a bunch of people never played that shit, or do you go even further back whkch is kinda boring. Its like with Street Fighter 4 being a prequel. Now that's a success, we gonna get 5 more tournaments between SF2 and 3 or do you go ahead in time? Probably, you have 5 more tournaments between 2 and 3. And with this, that's probably what they do too. They make a direct sequel to the prequel which is still a prequel to the main game, then maybe they remake the main game.

There's a good 30 years between Human Revolution and the original Deus Ex.

If this one's successful, I imagine they'll just do a direct sequel and keep these new games around the same time period. After all, I think the main reason to make it a prequel was to set it in a more interesting period, where human modification is a new thing and there's a lot of moral questions about it. Actually having the modifications and technology physical, rather than biological is much more interesting too. I don't think it'd ever make sense for them to jump ahead and do a continuation of Invisible War.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By veektarius
    @PenguinDust: Gold and brown miniskirts, baby.
    KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By KarlPilkington

@PenguinDust: You raise an incredible question.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tesla

They've done their best to account for that with Human Revolution, as the augmentations are more robotic and...well, visible. It was all nanobots in Deus Ex, and JC Denton looked like a normal dude for the most part.

That, to me, is far more important to serve the chronology of the fiction than worrying about computer terminals and other ancillary objects in the environment.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.