Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Unconventional Approaches

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Tennmuerti

It's about time we had a thread on people doing dumb/funny/unexpected shit to accomplish stuff in Human Revolution. I already seen someone on these boards using stacked mines to one shot he first boss. Hoping for this to be a repository of our shenanigans.

Here's my addition:

In Picus building while waiting for the Funicular and guards streaming in I reloaded just before starting the sequence and used 2 vending machines to block of one entry and then a heavy crate to block the closed door in. So instead of fighting anyone I just stood in one place smoking a ciggie waiting for the Funicular to get there, since enemies couldn't get into the room :D

Avatar image for sandwich_adjustment
    sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vitor

@sandwich_adjustment: Ha! That's great. I haven't tried anything like that - managed to jump along some ledges I wasn't meant to in order to get to unreachable areas but nothing that extreme.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

@sandwich_adjustment: Whats there?

I tried to do the same thing with the riot barricade at Sarifs unfortunately you're blocked by invisible walls.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Um, i shot a bunch of people in the head... does that count?

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By RIDEBIRD
    No Caption Provided

He so had it coming. Goddamn racist.

#chan

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By MetalBaofu
    @Tennmuerti said:

In Picus building while waiting for the Funicular and guards streaming in I reloaded just before starting the sequence and used 2 vending machines to block of one entry and then a heavy crate to block the closed door in. So instead of fighting anyone I just stood in one place smoking a ciggie waiting for the Funicular to get there, since enemies couldn't get into the room :D

Earlier in that mission you run across a turret.  I hacked it to target my enemies, then I carried it through the rest of the level(putting it down when I needed to).  When I got to the part where I had to wait for the funicular I just sat the turret down in there and watched it destroy dudes.   I had put a couple mines down at the doors, but they were unneeded.   Then, I took the turret on the funicular with me.  Someone hit it with an EMP eventually, so I couldn't use it the whole time, but I got through a lot with it.
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By EuanDewar

Not exactly an unconventional approach to a situation but everytime I see a Janitor I lay that motherfucker out.

Bitches gettin' my boots wet gon' get it.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By RafaelMei

@metalhead87 said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Earlier in that mission you run across a turret. I hacked it to target my enemies, then I carried it through the rest of the level(putting it down when I needed to). When I got to the part where I had to wait for the funicular I just sat the turret down in there and watched it destroy dudes. I had put a couple mines down at the doors, but they were unneeded. Then, I took the turret on the funicular with me. Someone hit it with an EMP eventually, so I couldn't use it the whole time, but I got through a lot with it.

I basically did the same, except I had 2 turrets =P

Carrying them around was a pain in the ass though

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.