Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Why would a guy like Adam Jensen need upgrades?

Gangsterlax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gangsterlax

When he was stripped of his purity he wasn't exactly given the civilian bargain brand -- Isn't his tech supposedly top of the line military grade?  :\

Did I miss something, or are the augments you get throughout the game black market swag?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Because you can never be too perfect...hint hint

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By valrog

Interesting question. I hope the story explains it.

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RaikohBlade

Pshh, military grade? You must have fought the military in various video games before. You most likely mowed down soldiers like they were grass under your lawnmower. You want their equipment? I think not.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Gangsterlax said:
    When he was stripped of his purity he wasn't exactly given the civilian bargain brand -- Isn't his tech supposedly top of the line military grade?  :\Did I miss something, or are the augments you get throughout the game black market swag?
    ITs part of the story why it happens. I can easily tell you why he was favored. But why ruin it. 
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By valrog
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

@Gangsterlax said:

When he was stripped of his purity he wasn't exactly given the civilian bargain brand -- Isn't his tech supposedly top of the line military grade?  :\Did I miss something, or are the augments you get throughout the game black market swag?
    ITs part of the story why it happens. I can easily tell you why he was favored. But why ruin it. 
    I think he means the augs Jensen gets AFTER the initial ones.
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SSully

I don't think he is fully augmented yet. He could get bottom of the line military augs from the start, and work your way up. There is tons of different augs, so that is my best guess.

Gangsterlax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gangsterlax
    @valrog: mhm 

@  RaikohBlade   In the trailer they made a distinction between civilian augments and 'military grade' augments, I'm just asking why he would need more augments if they already gave him the best that money could buy? 

@SSully Must be that, though I figured whoever did this too him would want him to be all that he could be so that no one could stop his revenge... well at least that's how the story usually goes. Honestly the only reason I brought this up is because... ( perhaps spoilers?)  
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Gangsterlax: @valrog: @SSully:

Minor starting story spoilers:

Jenses HAS the best upgrades that Sarif industries can provide. However he had a very large number of them (most of his body). The human mind and body simply cannot adopt to all the augmentations straight away. During the game you are not getting any new upgrades, you are simply bringing existing augmentations online or unlocking their full capabilities and potential.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By valrog
    @Tennmuerti: Well, as long as the story explains it (Which you just did) you will hear no complaining from me.
    Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

You can also get a bigger... Well at least that what most of the mails in my inbox say.

Gangsterlax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gangsterlax
    @Tennmuerti: thanks for clearing that up
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By valrog

Instead of creating a new thread, I thought I would just post it here. What exact augmentations does Jensen have? From what I've seen in the trailers, it's his arms, eyes, um.. something? Are his legs augmented? Or his mind for that matter. Or is this unknown for now?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Tennmuerti

@valrog:

• arms
    • legs
    • eyes
    • cranial implants - the brain is untouched but there are extensive systems which pretty much latch onto it and interact directly with it
    • dermal (skin)
    • lungs
    • spine
    • plus some other internal shit, which I'm not sure what organs they replace, like his batteries and regeneration

This is if you are looking for a list of replaced body organs. If you want a straight up list of in-game augmentations: http://www.giantbomb.com/deus-ex-human-revolution/61-21358/all-the-augs-in-the-game-become-batman-and-robocop-combined/35-505872/#20

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By valrog
    @Tennmuerti: I see. Thanks.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Enigma777

It's called software. Even the most powerful computer today still gets software updates to make it even more powerful and add more functionality.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.