Will there be a Deus Ex 4?

  • 55 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for animalfather
#1 Posted by AnimalFather (1012 posts) -

what do you guys think? Did the game sell well? 
 Do you think you will still play as Jensen???

Avatar image for fluxwavez
#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19834 posts) -

Yes.

Avatar image for the_nubster
#3 Posted by The_Nubster (2977 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
Yes.
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
#4 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5777 posts) -

I hope so.

Avatar image for marz
#5 Posted by Marz (5915 posts) -

as jensen, probably not.

Avatar image for shanedev
#6 Posted by ShaneDev (1702 posts) -

It might be hard to find a good place in the timeline to set the game but I would love it if they made another hopefully fixing the problems HR had. 

Avatar image for beaudacious
#7 Posted by Beaudacious (1187 posts) -

No, it will be a reboot of Deus Ex 1.

Avatar image for fancysoapsman
#8 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5917 posts) -

Maybe. I don't know what they would do with the story though.

Avatar image for kenobi
#9 Posted by Kenobi (594 posts) -

Reboot

Avatar image for mr_skeleton
#10 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5195 posts) -

I hope so.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
#11 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13807 posts) -

You mean three...right...there is only two Deus ex games right now. 

Avatar image for mosdl
#12 Posted by mosdl (3422 posts) -

HR got great reviews, so I would say if it sells well (2 mil?) there will be another game.

Avatar image for theht
#13 Posted by TheHT (13852 posts) -

Given the post-ending scene, I'm hoping we would get to see/cause some of the things Bob Page and Walton Simons had to endure to get to where they got at the start of Deus Ex 1.
 
To be honest though, I'd want more than just another Deus Ex. Like... maybe another 2. I always remembered Deus Ex as my all time fav, but I forgot how much god damn they are.

Online
Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
#14 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6117 posts) -
@AnimalFather: We're still waiting for 3. And yes, there will be a 4th one.
Avatar image for n7
#15 Posted by N7 (4159 posts) -

The Eidos guys said that there will be more games after Human Revolution. It's set 25 years before DE1, so they are going to fill that in.

Anyone else find it neat that Adam Jensen was born in 1993? I was born in 1993 so It's awesome to see some love for that year.

Avatar image for krazy_kyle
#16 Posted by krazy_kyle (740 posts) -

I bloody well hope so! :D

Avatar image for ekpyroticuniverse
#17 Posted by Ekpyroticuniverse (157 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

You mean three...right...there is only two Deus ex games right now.

yeah i was thinking the same thing, not like there was a second game that everyone hates, nope not at all, ever

Avatar image for ajamafalous
#18 Posted by ajamafalous (13077 posts) -

Just because you don't like Invisible War doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
#19 Edited by NoCookiesForYou (852 posts) -

Hell yeah! You can't stop the revolution!

"We have dozens of IPs, some of which we wish to build into franchises," Wada revealed to MCV. "Deus Ex 3 is something we're trying to revive. We want to keep on producing profit from that IP for the next ten years."

- Yoichi Wada (CEO of Square Enix)

Link to the story

Avatar image for ridebird
#20 Edited by RIDEBIRD (1256 posts) -

I was very, very pleased with HR - just enough true to the best game of all time, with neat innovations. Might be my favorite this year so far, except the stupid boss fights. I really hope they continue building on what they started, as they clearly know what they're doing. Hell, I'd take pretty much the same game for next gen/PC that just looks better and would probably love it.

And I think there will be more. It seems to have sold really well everywhere, and has been getting great reviews. Eidos Montreal is expanding as far as I know as well. Really looking forward to Thief 4 and their new IP now.

Avatar image for mordukai
#21 Posted by mordukai (8242 posts) -

Fuck Deus Ex 4. Give me a new Legacy of Kain game. 

Avatar image for theht
#22 Posted by TheHT (13852 posts) -
@Verb4tim said:

Hell yeah! You can't stop the revolution!

"We have dozens of IPs, some of which we wish to build into franchises," Wada revealed to MCV. "Deus Ex 3 is something we're trying to revive. We want to keep on producing profit from that IP for the next ten years."

- Yoichi Wada (CEO of Square Enix)

Link to the story

Ehhhhh, I don't like hearing my beloved Deus Ex talked about like some whore.
 
D:
Online
Avatar image for valrog
#23 Posted by valrog (3741 posts) -

I sure as hell hope so. And I hope they don't move to nanoaugs just yet (Unless it's a remake of the original game).

Avatar image for seriouslynow
#24 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8504 posts) -

Deus Ex : Have Another Reboot

Avatar image for nobodyhifi
#25 Posted by NobodyHIFI (104 posts) -

silly question
Avatar image for probablytuna
#26 Posted by probablytuna (4650 posts) -

I would love to play another game as Adam Jensen.

Avatar image for mooseymcman
#27 Posted by MooseyMcMan (12388 posts) -

I think that even if HR doesn't sell terribly well that the Deus Ex name has enough weight that there will be more games. But if it doesn't sell well, we may have to wait a bit. 
 
But I have a feeling the game sold pretty well. That and the reviews make it a shoe-in for more. I'm hoping for a game between HR and the original before they get around to remaking the first one. 

Avatar image for bybeach
#28 Posted by bybeach (5435 posts) -

Invisible war is invisible.

Avatar image for niamahai
#29 Posted by niamahai (1409 posts) -
Avatar image for marz
#30 Posted by Marz (5915 posts) -

well Eidos Montreal is getting a bigger staff, so there's a really good chance we'll see another deus ex game in the future.

Avatar image for ravenlight
#31 Posted by Ravenlight (8057 posts) -

I'd settle for them just remaking DX1 in the new engine.

Avatar image for 137
#32 Posted by 137 (487 posts) -

I'd settle for them just animating cut scenes in the in game engine rather than that shitty cgi used throughout the game.

Avatar image for meierthered
#33 Posted by MeierTheRed (5111 posts) -
@137 said:

I'd settle for them just animating cut scenes in the in game engine rather than that shitty cgi used throughout the game.

That would be awesome. Or at least give people a chance to download those GCI movies in HD quality as some weird DLC pack.
Avatar image for bio595
#34 Posted by bio595 (319 posts) -

One more game between HR and Original and then a redo of Original would be cool

Avatar image for valrog
#35 Posted by valrog (3741 posts) -
Avatar image for andrewb
#36 Posted by AndrewB (7813 posts) -
@Verb4tim said:

Hell yeah! You can't stop the revolution!

"We have dozens of IPs, some of which we wish to build into franchises," Wada revealed to MCV. "Deus Ex 3 is something we're trying to revive. We want to keep on producing profit from that IP for the next ten years."

- Yoichi Wada (CEO of Square Enix)

Link to the story

I love it when it's put that way. "We like money, so we're going to milk you suckers for it" rather than "we had some amazing creative ideas for where to take the series, so a sequel is inevitable."
Avatar image for argent
#37 Posted by Freezer_Burn (213 posts) -

I really hope so. I'd like it to be closer to HR (timeline wise) than to the original. I like the lower-tech robotic augments more than the nanite kind.

Avatar image for mooseymcman
#38 Posted by MooseyMcMan (12388 posts) -
@AndrewB: Hey, at least they're being honest. They are a for-profit company after all!
Avatar image for creamypies
#39 Posted by Creamypies (4169 posts) -
Avatar image for aceofspudz
#40 Posted by aceofspudz (937 posts) -

I want the luxury of saying, a few years from now, "Deus Ex was great before all these sequels."

Until then, Squeenix, hook it to my vein!

Avatar image for andrewb
#41 Posted by AndrewB (7813 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
@AndrewB: Hey, at least they're being honest. They are a for-profit company after all!
I'd rather at least have the illusion that they care about the creative side of things as well. There *is* a whole lot of potential. I love the fiction and the type of gameplay enough to keep buying for a while longer.
Avatar image for mooseymcman
#42 Posted by MooseyMcMan (12388 posts) -
@AndrewB: Well, I'll give you that. 
Avatar image for tennmuerti
#43 Posted by Tennmuerti (9000 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

@MooseyMcMan said:
@AndrewB: Hey, at least they're being honest. They are a for-profit company after all!
I'd rather at least have the illusion that they care about the creative side of things as well. There *is* a whole lot of potential. I love the fiction and the type of gameplay enough to keep buying for a while longer.

Square Enix are not the creative guys behind this so to them this licence is just a business.

I'm sure the good folks at Eidos Montreal are more then passionate about the game, considering how much homage they are paying to the original.

Avatar image for seriouslynow
#44 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8504 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

@AndrewB said:

@MooseyMcMan said:
@AndrewB: Hey, at least they're being honest. They are a for-profit company after all!
I'd rather at least have the illusion that they care about the creative side of things as well. There *is* a whole lot of potential. I love the fiction and the type of gameplay enough to keep buying for a while longer.

Square Enix are not the creative guys behind this so to them this licence is just a business.

I'm sure the good folks at Eidos Montreal are more then passionate about the game, considering how much homage they are paying to the original.

Well, I think you need to be a little more realistic. We're talking about Square. If the franchise has some legs they will definitely get more involved, possibly even to its detriment.

Avatar image for tennmuerti
#45 Posted by Tennmuerti (9000 posts) -

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@AndrewB said:

@MooseyMcMan said:
@AndrewB: Hey, at least they're being honest. They are a for-profit company after all!
I'd rather at least have the illusion that they care about the creative side of things as well. There *is* a whole lot of potential. I love the fiction and the type of gameplay enough to keep buying for a while longer.

Square Enix are not the creative guys behind this so to them this licence is just a business.

I'm sure the good folks at Eidos Montreal are more then passionate about the game, considering how much homage they are paying to the original.

Well, I think you need to be a little more realistic. We're talking about Square. If the franchise has some legs they will definitely get more involved, possibly even to its detriment.

That's true too. I was mainly refering to the creative side of things from the side of the developer, which to me is what matters.

But from the business perspective you are corect. Sadly sometimes the 2 can interfere with one another instead of just acting as support.

Avatar image for southgrove
#46 Posted by Southgrove (360 posts) -

More Deus Ex? Hell yes. I'll buy anything. A DX branded ice cream hat? Sure! DX logo on a pair of pink speedos? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Avatar image for slayeric
#47 Posted by Slayeric (276 posts) -

Fix the AI, and yes. I would love another romp in the Deus Ex fiction. TRIADS! CYBER SECURITY! AUGMENTS! WHOAAA

Avatar image for darkshaper
#48 Posted by DarkShaper (1374 posts) -

I would buy another Deus Ex. Really all they need to do is tweak the A.I. and boss fights and make some new locations. I would love for them to troll us and make it a prequel to HR where you just play as a normal guy and augs don't exist yet.

Avatar image for jillsandwich
#49 Posted by jillsandwich (804 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
You mean three...right...there is only two Deus ex games right now. 
Avatar image for the_r0n1n_named_47
#50 Posted by the_r0n1n_named_47 (171 posts) -

@Ekpyroticuniverse said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

You mean three...right...there is only two Deus ex games right now.

yeah i was thinking the same thing, not like there was a second game that everyone hates, nope not at all, ever

I didnt hate invisible war... i just didnt think it was as good as deus ex or human revolution... and yes i hope there will be a 4. either set it after 2, or set some time after 3 (but before 1), or heck remaking 1

wouldnt be so bad. as long as its done with the quality of 1 and 3 (story, gameplay, etc) i dont really care when it takes place

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.