Any chance we'll see another Deus Ex in the future?

#1 Edited by NTM (7337 posts) -

I hope. I don't know where in the timeline it'd take place, but if they were to make another Deus Ex that was somewhat similar to Human Revolution just with improvements, that'd be awesome. It's too bad Human Revolution doesn't have a new game plus or an after the game play so I can do every little thing I didn't happen to do on my initial run. By the way, I'm happy and surprised so many people are putting it in their top ten lists. Anyways; think we'll see a sequel/prequel?

#2 Posted by nomorehalfmeasuresdoctor (143 posts) -

yes.

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (11834 posts) -

I wouldn't mind another Deus Ex, but like you mention, it might be difficult to fit into the timeline.

#4 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Apparently the game is amazing so I'd say yes.

#5 Posted by LincoIn (255 posts) -

Considering it was Square-Enix's most successful game this year I say yes.

#6 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

human revolution was a success, so yes.

#7 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

Haven't got round to playing HR yet but if it sold well and got good review there's a chance they'll be another; but like I said I haven't played it so I don't know about the story limitations for a sequel/prequel.

I will say that I found it really weird that it dropped in price so fast; in the UK it dropped to half price within a month or two and is now available for a quarter of its original price. It's not as though it wasn't selling here either as it was at the top of the UK games charts for a bit.

#8 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

There is no doubt.

#9 Posted by Jimbo (9800 posts) -

DXHR sold at least 2 million copies, so yes you will see another DX game.

#10 Posted by probablytuna (3614 posts) -

I would love to see another entry in the series.

#11 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4716 posts) -

I don't think the question is 'if' but rather 'when'. Eidos Montreal moved right onto Thief 4 after Deus Ex 3 was complete. So it'll be quite a long wait before we see another entry into the Deus Ex series.

#12 Edited by Encephalon (1243 posts) -

Almost certainly.

#13 Posted by RoujinX (419 posts) -

Just out of curiosity, how would you guys feel about Eidos Montreal do a remake? A remake of the Original Deus Ex, reconfigured as a direct sequel to the events of HR?

#14 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1177 posts) -

Definitely although I'd leave Boss fights out. They ruined the whole game for me personally. I got to the invisible woman but had spent zero upgrades on anything useful to either attack her or defend from her so I traded it in after that. Real shame, was REALLY enjoying it up to that point. I didn't get the feeling that it lived up to the "build you character any way you want" when they force you into a fighting situations when your trying to get through the game as a pacifist (especially since there's an achievement for doing so as well).

#15 Posted by AlexW00d (6236 posts) -

@IkariNoTekken said:

Haven't got round to playing HR yet but if it sold well and got good review there's a chance they'll be another; but like I said I haven't played it so I don't know about the story limitations for a sequel/prequel.

I will say that I found it really weird that it dropped in price so fast; in the UK it dropped to half price within a month or two and is now available for a quarter of its original price. It's not as though it wasn't selling here either as it was at the top of the UK games charts for a bit.

I pre-ordered the augmented version for £28, so it wasn't even full price to start with...

#16 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Lets hope.

#17 Posted by alternate (2696 posts) -

It didn't sell badly - but also didn't sell so many units that they would immediately green light a sequel. Next gen maybe.

#18 Posted by Daiphyer (1333 posts) -

I fucking loved Human Revolution, so there better be.

#19 Posted by NTM (7337 posts) -

@Twisted_Scot said:

Definitely although I'd leave Boss fights out. They ruined the whole game for me personally. I got to the invisible woman but had spent zero upgrades on anything useful to either attack her or defend from her so I traded it in after that. Real shame, was REALLY enjoying it up to that point. I didn't get the feeling that it lived up to the "build you character any way you want" when they force you into a fighting situations when your trying to get through the game as a pacifist (especially since there's an achievement for doing so as well).

Why didn't you just change the difficulty to easy than?

#20 Posted by NTM (7337 posts) -

@KingWilly said:

I don't think the question is 'if' but rather 'when'. Eidos Montreal moved right onto Thief 4 after Deus Ex 3 was complete. So it'll be quite a long wait before we see another entry into the Deus Ex series.

I'd ask both if and when, because there's never a certainty; but yes, I would love to know when it'd come out as well. Next gen would be nice.

#21 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1177 posts) -

@NTM: If your supposed to be able to go through the game any way you want they shouldn't put you into a situation where you have no choices. If they would let you talk your way out of it then fine, sneak past her, fine but force you to fight her? I fought her so many times I just lost interest in playing it anymore, other games were coming out and I spent too long on it. Would have probably finished it and maybe went back to it some other time to try another style of play. Just pissed me off that they outsourced crappy boss fights for a game that your supposed to be able to go through without fighting. Felt cheap IMO.

#22 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

I wouldn't mind another Deus Ex, but like you mention, it might be difficult to fit into the timeline.

If they wanted, they could retcon most of Human Revolution by saying the ending

is canon.

That said, any of the endings could potentially be used to set up a sequel before DX1.

#23 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Depends on how Human Revolution sold.

#24 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

@AlexW00d: Well yeah, there you go. Seems strange that they would sell it for the price of a budget game, especially after receiving such positive feedback. To my knowledge it was sold full price elsewhere.

#25 Posted by jarrodRM (1 posts) -

Theres going to be a new Deus Ex game, called Deus Ex: The Fall. It will look almost identical to HR, but only be on mobile devices, the youtube video debuting the game currently has 1,248 likes and 14,271 dislikes, heres the video as proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1b8k469DbY. Who knows whether or not it will appear as a XBLA or PSN arcade time later, but i am not a huge fan of mobile games so I will most likely not be playing this.

#26 Edited by 34f3ecwdc3 (162 posts) -

I came back into gaming with Deus Ex Human Revolution and it was amazing, especially the times when I was dying in every 5-10 minutes. IMO, there's no genre that can be compared with this one, there's also Syndicate but that's a copy of Deus Ex. I hope for a sequel, but until that, I believe Cyberpunk 2077 will be on track already.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.