Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex

Franchise »

A collection of award-winning, first-person shooter, cyberpunk role-playing games.

DEUS EX: Human Revolution Gameplay Footage!

justin3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By justin3d

In case you missed it video footage has popped up online from a demo of Deus Ex 3. 26 minutes worth of it.    This is all gameplay and it looks great! 

NOTE: The demo may be the same one shown to press already, so it is likely not reflective of the current state of the game.

ALSO: The footage looks like it is from a cam view (though it is pretty clear), so there are a few instances where the bloom seems particularly extreme.

SPOILERS IN THE VIDEO: They do show the outcome of one of the missions, exposing one person's identity.  If you really want to avoid spoilers: Stop watching at the 6 minute mark and skip ahead to the 14 minute mark. 

justin3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By justin3d

In case you missed it video footage has popped up online from a demo of Deus Ex 3. 26 minutes worth of it.    This is all gameplay and it looks great! 

NOTE: The demo may be the same one shown to press already, so it is likely not reflective of the current state of the game.

ALSO: The footage looks like it is from a cam view (though it is pretty clear), so there are a few instances where the bloom seems particularly extreme.

SPOILERS IN THE VIDEO: They do show the outcome of one of the missions, exposing one person's identity.  If you really want to avoid spoilers: Stop watching at the 6 minute mark and skip ahead to the 14 minute mark. 

TheMathlete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By TheMathlete

Definitely looking forward to this game.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I really want to watch it, but I also don't want spoilers. Argh. Does it seem like a spoiler vital to the overall story? 

justin3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By justin3d
    @MooseyMcMan:   Tough to tell how important it is. Basically you talk to someone only to find out later in the demo he is not who your character thought he was when having the conversation.

If you really want to avoid spoilers: Stop watching at the 6 minute mark and skip ahead to the 14 minute mark.
    Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Snipzor
    @justin3d: That's hardly spoiler territory considering that's the kind of thing we all expect to happen anyways. So I would hardly put in spoiler tags for the video.
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

This looks awesome. I also love the fact that since Aliens, all futuristic spaceships look a hell of a lot alike. 

I do think this game needs a little vertical syncing, though.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#7  Edited By BeachThunder

Deus Effect?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Watching the video now, and I have to say, after the first line that guy in question said, I figured out who he really was.  

Also, I must say two more things: 1. This game looks pretty great. B. I'm not so sure about that ability to smash that wall down, because even though the wall was cracked, I don't think there will be too many actual things that can be smashed like that in the game, and when you can smash a cracked brick wall, but not a thin door, it kind of breaks the immersion.  

Also, I always like it when games let you play it without killing dudes. It gives me something to try to do (and then fail miserably at). 

Avatar image for comradekritstov
    ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ComradeKritstov

I kinda wish they would have gone into  the cloaking more. There didn't seem to be any HUD indicating it was running out or anything.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @ComradeKritstov: I think they just turned the HUD stuff off, because I didn't see anything for ammo either. Or they may have done a bit of cheating and gave themselves infinite cloak, hopefully via Konami Code (even though it is not a Konami game).
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By TheFreeMan

I love the visuals in this game. They're not really technically incredible as far as I can tell, but the city looked so busy and alive, and it's definitely got a cool art style. Takedowns are getting a little overdone nowadays it feels, but it seems like they're only effective if you have the drop on guys, because otherwise you'll get gunned down if you try to play the game like it's Turok. Lip-syncing could use a bit of work.

Overall though, really impressed.

Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Teleri

I can not wait to play this game, but if it disappoints me I will probably rage all over GiantBomb about it.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Cincaid
    @Teleri said:
      if it disappoints me I will probably rage all over GiantBomb about it.
    Please don't. :)
    Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Teleri
    @CrazyChris said:
    @Teleri said:
      if it disappoints me I will probably rage all over GiantBomb about it.
    Please don't. :)
    Of course, by "rage" I mean I will express my opinion in a civilized manner by writing a critical review.   :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.