Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jun 22, 2000

A celebrated cyberpunk-themed first-person role-playing game, Deus Ex puts players behind the shades of JC Denton--an operative thrust into a world of byzantine global conspiracies.

For anyone trying to play Deus Ex on a modern PC, get this fix!

Shinwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Shinwei

I'm not really sure what all the technical details mean, but when I first tried playing Deus Ex about a week ago, I couldn't raise the resolution past a certain point and all the dialogue kept cutting off before the actor was finished speaking. It was very annoying. I understand some of you want to keep the experience as "pure as possible", but dialogue cutting out is really not what was supposed to happen when the game was released. Just get the fix in the link below.

http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/ 

For anyone who wants to go the whole nine yards to mod the game up so it looks better and plays better, follow the guide here: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/ceuyh/step_by_step_moddingguide_deus_ex_i_spilled_my/ 
    Except get the new version of the "New Vision" pack, because that guide above still uses the old version.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DeF

thanks, I still need to play ... the box has been staring at me for a year or so^^

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By probablytuna

I don't have that problem, and mods like New Vision works fine on my Steam version but thanks for sharing.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By galiant

Does the Steam version have these issues as well?

JohngPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By JohngPR

I have Windows 7 64-bit and haven't had any issues playing the Steam version.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By bybeach

Window 7, 64 bit, has steam upgraded theirs? I have been playing at high res. and the game..for what it is, looks great. Honestly I was suprised.

Scapegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Scapegoat

I also experienced the dialogue audio cutting out when I installed Deus Ex - forcing vsyc through my video card's driver fixed it up! 

Running Win 7 x64.

noiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By noiz

I had the same audio issue on Windows 7 64 bit. This fix worked great. Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.