Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jun 22, 2000

A celebrated cyberpunk-themed first-person role-playing game, Deus Ex puts players behind the shades of JC Denton--an operative thrust into a world of byzantine global conspiracies.

Presenting Flags to people?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

A few bombcasts back, Ryan Davis mentioned something about how someone played through Deus Ex, by presenting flags to people. It brought it up again when Jeff talked about Deus Ex: Human Revolution. What the heck was Ryan talking about?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I think it was a joke. I want to say they went from talking about capture the flag in one game to talking about DEHR. 

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mikemcn

@MooseyMcMan said:

I think it was a joke. I want to say they went from talking about capture the flag in one game to talking about DEHR.

But even before that, they were discussing how they did a Deus Ex QL, and then Ryan started laughing about how he saw a video of someone going around a level in Deus Ex, showing flags to people, it sounds like an absurd fever dream now that I try and remember it, but I swear he said something about it. Then he asked Jeff if he tried the flag approach in DE:HR.

@eroticfishcake said:

@Mikemcn: Ahem.

Thats it! It all makes sense now, i'm not crazy! And it explains Jonnyboy's comment here, about presenting your vending machine to everyone.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By TheHT

I thought it was to do with that Erik Wolpaw walkthrough. Wasn't there a flag in the UNATCO base you could pick up?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Mikemcn: I actually completely forgot about that joke until Jeff mentioned it (on the QL or the Bombcast I can't remember). But yeah, that joke is OLD. A decade old. Which makes me feel old. >_>
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mikemcn

@eroticfishcake said:

@Mikemcn: I actually completely forgot about that joke until Jeff mentioned it (on the QL or the Bombcast I can't remember). But yeah, that joke is OLD. A decade old. Which makes me feel old. >_>

I'm glad you found it, its a fantastically in depth deus ex walkthrough!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @Mikemcn: At least I was right about it being a joke carrying over from another game! Well, sort of. There's no flag carrying in HR though. And no murdering of co-workers for better offices (they thought of that, and don't let you brandish weapons in the place where Jensen works). His office is fine though. I'd say third best in the building. 
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @MooseyMcMan: There is an American flag in HR, in fact it looks a lot like the one in the original. Sadly, you can't pick it up and parade around with it nor as you say, brandish weapons in Sarif HQ. You can't even pick up vending machines in there which makes me a sad koala.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mikemcn

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Mikemcn: At least I was right about it being a joke carrying over from another game! Well, sort of. There's no flag carrying in HR though. And no murdering of co-workers for better offices (they thought of that, and don't let you brandish weapons in the place where Jensen works). His office is fine though. I'd say third best in the building.

Not being able to raid and commandeer high level offices, is just another example of consoleization ruining perfectly good PC games!

I don't know what that means, but I really need to check out DE:HR, that vending machine video from the next thread over shows me that i'm missing out on some serious fun.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @eroticfishcake@Mikemcn: Well, being able to break into everyone's offices and steal all their money and energy bars always seemed cool to me, especially since no one can complain about it since Jensen in head of security. Also, I was reading earlier that there is some sort of debug thing for the PC version, which may or may not allow for flag carrying, weapon brandishing, and office raiding. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.