Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Devil May Cry 4

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 31, 2008

The fourth game in the popular Capcom action franchise, Devil May Cry. Take on the role of new playable character Nero, as he uses his swanky demon arm to beat the hell out of a demon invasion in the castle town of Fortuna.

Did I miss much?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fr0br0

I rented this game from gamefly when it first came out for the PS3 and 360. I got up to the part where you are in the jungle, which I don't think was very far. After I got to this point I stopped playing and hadn't touched it in 2 weeks. Assuming I would never find interest in it again I returned it so I could give somebody else a chance.

Maybe it's just me, but the game bored me pretty quickly. I just wanted to ask if I missed anything that would have motivated me to keep playing or was this just not the type of game for me?

thecreambun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By thecreambun

Probably just wasnt the game for you.
    I really found it enjoyable except for the backtracking and recycling of levels once you unlock Dante, but the Nero parts was great fun imo.
    I do seem to recall the jungle part of the game boring me aswell the first time through though... Maybe you should give it another go ?

Katsuri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Katsuri

what creambun said, and maybe you could give it another go.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I didnt really like it at all either.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By FLStyle

As a massive fan of the DMC series I was disappointed with the lack of innovation from 3 to 4, downgrade the graphics and this would easily be playable on the PS2. Here's hoping hardcore actioners aren't going down the same path as hardcore beat-em ups.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By pause422

Not great to me, Ninja Gaiden 2 destroyed it as far as a 3d action game this year imo. Just way more satisfying also cutting dudes into little pieces. It was too easy also..DMC3 at least had a good amount of difficulty.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Vaxadrin

This actually is a pretty big step back from DMC3, which is unfortunate.  NG2 eclipses it in just about every regard except for camera, and God of War 3 will probably do the same as well.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rowr

The game seemed intent on making me not want to play it.

But i was pretty happy with it by the end.

The first couple of levels where you start backtracking are bullshit. If you push past them and get some of dantes better weapons it gets better.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Vaxadrin

I didn't mind the backtracking but I wish they didn't nerf Dante's moveset, and instead upped the weapons/moves for both characters and let you choose between both for the entire game.  Having you get used to a certain system of combat then switching it to something that plays fairly differently for 3 levels, then switching back for the final boss....bleh.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rowr

I never played the first 3.

So the daunting part for me was the fact i suddenly had four different styles and i had no idea what the difference was, or whether i was playing the game effectively. I missed the Devil Hand.

As soon as i unlocked some of his weapons and started playing with those i was pretty happy though.

The only real pain were those fucking forest maze levels. Especially that stupid shadow puzzle. You cant just throw one fucking puzzle into the middle of a game and expect me to know there is a puzzle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.