Are they Gonna Be Sold Individually?

#1 Posted by Wraxend (564 posts) -

So yeah basically are they gonna get sold on the PSN/XBLA individually? As I only want DMC3 out of this collection. If anybody knows that would be quite helpful, if not I'll just wait for the collection to come down in price before I purchase it.

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (18990 posts) -

Most likely they will only be available in this HD collection. My guess is no, they wont come to PSN/XBLA.

#3 Posted by Terrents (292 posts) -

maybe. the splinter cell HD collection did that. and capcom sold resident 4 and code veronica separately

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

Its possible but not likely.

#5 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

Not very likely.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Terrents:

I'm not sure that counts, since the compilation was Japan only. I've my doubts that they'll release these separately, as putting DMC2 alongside 1 & 3 is the only way to get people to play that game. (I'm the exception.)

#7 Posted by fox01313 (5072 posts) -

Hard to tell, maybe on PC but really not sure what the hell capcom is doing now so you might just watch for it to go on sale or just get the whole collection for one of them.

#8 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2908 posts) -

It would be awesome if they did, DMC3 is the only one I really care about as well. The original was okay but pretty rough around the edges, while three's a fucking gem. And the terrible cover art isn't exactly making it scream 'collector's item' at me, so I'd be way into a PSN version.

#9 Posted by Bribo (605 posts) -

There are precedents, but in this situation most people would seize upon the oportunty to avoid buying DMC2. Even if it only saves them 5 bucks.

Capcom wants those bucks.

#10 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

You could always wait until the price goes down and get it then.

Personally, I feel ya. DMC3 was the only one I really cared for. The other two were fine games (I think people give DMC2 a lot of unnecessary flak), but the third one had a level of difficulty that I crave while also having some incredibly fluid and deep combat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.