Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Devil May Cry

Franchise »

Devil May Cry is a well-regarded Japanese action franchise created by Hideki Kamiya and developed by Capcom.

Devil May Cry 1, 2 and 3 rated by ESRB for PS3 and Xbox 360.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael
    Source.

So a HD collection is coming, presumably. Being able to play both the genre-defining Devil May Cry 2 and Ninja Theory's upcoming masterpiece DmC on the same platform will certainly be convenient.
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Do I smell a hint of sarcasm? Also, I will say that it's possible that they'd release them as individual XBLA/PSN downloadables, possibly bundling one or two (you know which ones) as pre-order bonuses for the upcoming DMC.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

3 is the only one I'd have any interest in playing again, and even that would be hard pressed to see any play time when I can just throw Bayonetta in instead.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By rjayb89

Hm, I'm only interested in the third one. I seriously can't go back and play the first and especially the second one since I played the third one first and it has Lady/Mary up in that. I have the fourth game but, I don't know, I can't get into it for some reason, yet I can still get into the third one. Hopefully, it's the special edition one or whatever it's called as I never played as Vergil since I had the original copy.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By niamahai

YaY?! I didn't have a PS2 back in the day so I won't mind going back to the DMC series. Surprisingly there is a lack of DMC-esque games on the current gen of consoles, or maybe that style of game have already ran its course. Also please be $40.

Seriously SEGA needs to man the fuck up and get on the HD remix bandwagon. Shining Force 3 HD remix C'MON!

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By GoofyGoober

Nice I love these HD remakes of classic games.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Well 3-5 seems like something that would interest me.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King
    @niamahai said:

Surprisingly there is a lack of DMC-esque games on the current gen of consoles

What about Bayonetta? Or El Shaddai? Or Castlevania: Lords of Shadow? Or Devil May Cry 4? Or No More Heroes, Ninja Gaiden, the other games similar to Devil May Cry 4 (at least as defined by Giant Bomb)...
    Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Toxin066

Devils Never Cry - 100g - Beat all games on Legendary without dying.

1 and 2 have incredibly dated cameras. That might turn me off of this supposed HD collection, despite my love of action games.

@Make_Me_Mad said:

3 is the only one I'd have any interest in playing again, and even that would be hard pressed to see any play time when I can just throw Bayonetta in instead.

Duder, you speak the truth.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#10  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Icemael said:

Being able to play both the genre-defining Devil May Cry 2 and Ninja Theory's upcoming masterpiece DmC on the same platform will certainly be convenient.

Oh you cad, only one of those two is undeniably shit.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By dietmango

Ugh, do they have to include DMC2? I'd be fine with the first and third one. Other than that, this is good. I guess I can go back and play those games again, would be nice and pretty nostalgic. But that's about it though. I'd rather play Bayonetta these days. And Kamiya's already teasing Bayonetta 2, so yeah.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By niamahai

@Video_Game_King said:

@niamahai said:

What about Bayonetta? Or El Shaddai? Or Castlevania: Lords of Shadow? Or Devil May Cry 4? Or No More Heroes, Ninja Gaiden, the other games similar to Devil May Cry 4 (at least as defined by Giant Bomb)...

we are 9mths into 2011 and we only have El Shaddai as the most DMC-esque game. That's kinda lacking compare to how many FPS we get per quarter.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @StarvingGamer said:

@Icemael said:

Being able to play both the genre-defining Devil May Cry 2 and Ninja Theory's upcoming masterpiece DmC on the same platform will certainly be convenient.

Oh you cad, only one of those two is undeniably shit.

I'm gonna say DMC 2 before someone takes the chance to rail on the new game because its new and stuff.
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Video_Game_King
    @niamahai said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@niamahai said:

we are 9mths into 2011 and we only have El Shaddai as the most DMC-esque game. That's kinda lacking compare to how many FPS we get per quarter.

You never really said anything about this year; just the current generation of consoles. I think I made my case for that. Besides, the strength of a "fad genre" (I'm not trying to insult FPSes in any way; I'm just saying that they occupy the same place that platformers did in the 90s, or shooters did in the early days of gaming) doesn't really have any bearing on the strength of a completely unrelated genre. Genres can be strong (or weak) on their own.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.