Devil May Cry 5 To Be Revealed At E3 (Rumour)

#1 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Capcom's last game in it's trilogy of reveals will be Devil May Cry 5 according to a source in contact with Criousgamer. Criousgamer is reporting that the game will make it's debut next month at E3 where a one minute thirty second trailer will be shown. The trailer in question will also confirm the platforms the game will be available on (-which is said to include a reduced Wii version) and the release date.

We all knew that with Details & Trailers of already announced titles such as Lost Planet 2, Dead Rising 2, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles etc, Capcom was also going to reveal 2 brand new titles at E3 2009 one of them was recently revealed Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

According to our source the second title will be non other then the sequel to the popular gaming franchise Devil May Cry (Devil May Cry 5). and it will not only be appearing on PC, Playstation 3 & Xbox 360, it will also make it's way onto Nintendo Wii.

Our source confirms us that unfortunately Capcom will only release a 1:32 min long teaser trailer, but on the positive side the teaser will confirm us the release date of the title.

source

UPDATED

Capcom Unity -"Hot rumor bust of the day: Capcom E3 Mystery Title #2 is not -- repeat, NOT -- Devil May Cry 5. Now, what do you think it is?"

#2 Posted by lord_canti (1522 posts) -

wow sounds good but i can wait il have bayonetta to tide me over and i meen i didnt think 4 was that grate   but if they can go back to the style of 3  i am in 3 was awsome  

#3 Posted by bulletbeast (191 posts) -

i personally think DMC 4 was the best game in the serios by miles. i dont know whether theyll get even better or start going down hill from there

#4 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
bulletbeast said:
i personally think DMC 4 was the best game in the serios by miles. i dont know whether theyll get ... [more]

That view is not shared by the masses. 

I cannot see it as being as exciting and fresh as Bayonetta seems right now, but I hope to be proved wrong. With an eye on Kamiya's work, it will be interesting to see what Capcom have come up with, if it gets shown at E3 or not.

#5 Edited by Lydian_Sel (2501 posts) -

I've loved every DMC (yes, even DMC2...) & I'd love to see another one. I just don't know where they'd go with it. Would Nero still be a playable character? Would it again trudge up some nonsense storyline about Sparda & how badass he was?? Will we see Trish & Lady in the story doing not much at all???

It'd be cool if they made the story bounce back & forth between Sparda as a playable character & then his sons & their endeavors as repurcussive instruments of Sparda's ultimate decisions.

#6 Posted by Peewi (410 posts) -

That'd be nice. I've only played DMC 3 and 4, but those two are really good.

#7 Posted by Lashe (1266 posts) -

Loved 3 and DMC1. This being an odd number in the franchise bodes well for me.

#8 Posted by kariyanine (217 posts) -
@Lydian_Sel:  If I have to play as Nero again for 2/3 of the game I will probably be skipping DMC5.
#9 Posted by pause422 (6243 posts) -

I seriously doubt it, but if it does happen a part of me feels like I just shouldn't care after DMC4.

#10 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

If it is there it will be fascinating to see the reaction it will get, Bayonetta being playable may take away much of the attention it would otherwise get.

#11 Posted by Webby (720 posts) -

I hope so

#12 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
UPDATED

Capcom Unity -"Hot rumor bust of the day: Capcom E3 Mystery Title #2 is not -- repeat, NOT -- Devil May Cry 5. Now, what do you think it is?
#13 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

So, what could it possibly be?.

My guesses are..

Strider
Demons Crest
Onimusha
Rival Schools: Project Justice  3
Street Fighter Alpha 4
Darkstalkers 4
Power Stone

#14 Posted by BBQBram (2291 posts) -

This reminds me I have DMC4 lying on the shelf, unopened. Should I go play it right now?

#15 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

I would not be in any rush to play it, it's not all that great to be honest, it has some annoying stuff. But it is worth playing when you do have nothing better to play.

#16 Posted by lord_canti (1522 posts) -

its not devil may  cry 5 its...............capcom vs DC universe .....also mortal kombat

#17 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
So, what could it possibly be?.My guesses are.. StriderDemons CrestOnimushaRival Schools: Project Justice  3Street Fighter Alpha 4Darkstalkers 4Power Stone [more]
I'd love any of those mostly rival schools
#18 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

Hope not, I'd rather see mega man 10!

#19 Posted by Alex_Murphy (1184 posts) -

Cool, I guess. But if they pull that same shit they did with the 4th one, where halfway through the game I turn around and go through the same levels again, I'm going to be pissed. I mean come on, the boss fights were well done, but fighting the same bosses 3 times each was a bit much.

#20 Posted by lord_canti (1522 posts) -

in DMC youve always needed to fight them multiple times  its normaly in hell tho or something like that

#21 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
#22 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
TooWalrus said:
Hope not, I'd rather see mega man 10!
megaman 10 came out like 15 years ago
megaman X = megaman 10
#23 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -
trophyhunter said:
TooWalrus said: Hope not, I'd rather see mega man 10! megaman 10 came out like 15 years agomegaman X = ... [more]
Doubt it.
#24 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2543 posts) -
bulletbeast said:
i personally think DMC 4 was the best game in the serios by miles. i dont know whether theyll get ... [more]
Seriously?
#25 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
TooWalrus said:
trophyhunter said: TooWalrus said: Hope not, I'd rather see mega man 10! megaman 10 came out like 15 years agomegaman ... [more]
how can you doubt that? it did happened 15 years ago
this is not some kind of moon landing conspiracy

#26 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -
trophyhunter said:
TooWalrus said: trophyhunter said: TooWalrus said: Hope not, I'd rather see mega man 10! megaman 10 came out like 15 ... [more]
Yeah... I don't think X is a roman numeral in Mega Man X
#27 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Damn it, I wish it WAS DMC5. I loved DMC3 and 4, didn't like 1 and 2 (the first game in the series I played was 3).

Since it's not DMC5, I hope it's a new Strider game. I loved Strider 2.

#28 Posted by DarkSeraphim (237 posts) -

Capcom has unique storylines. DMC is a great series overall....for me.

#29 Posted by DarkSeraphim (237 posts) -

Capcom has very unique games, I enjoy their stories. DMC is a great series...in my opinion.

#30 Posted by bulletbeast (191 posts) -
@BigBoss1911:
yeah, definately. the new consoles improved the series dramatically. Do u think 3 is better?
#31 Posted by Stunt (187 posts) -

I think one of their secret titles is going to be *dun dun dun dun* Mega Man Legends 3!

Well, I don't think that, I just WANT that.

#32 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2543 posts) -
bulletbeast said:
@BigBoss1911: yeah, definately. the new consoles improved the series dramatically. Do u think 3 is better?
What ruined DMC 4 for me was Nero.So yes dmc 3 was better.
#33 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

I'm still thinking it might be Strider.  It would be awesome if they were making another Onimusha game.

#34 Posted by bulletbeast (191 posts) -
@BigBoss1911:
DMC 3 was a very good game but jesus christ it was long. And the dialogue is appaling. DMC 4 still had crap dialoque but the graphics and story line were much much better. Especially the storyline
#35 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

I really don't care about DMC. At all.

#36 Posted by Rirobuge (163 posts) -

I'm a big fan of the DMC series and would love for this to happen. I just hope they don't repeat what they did in DMC4.

#37 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
Rirobuge said:
I'm a big fan of the DMC series and would love for this to happen. I just hope they don't ... [more]

Well it's not at this years E3. Read the OP again, it's been updated with a clarification from Capcom.
#38 Posted by jakob187 (21759 posts) -

DMC 3 was ballin'.  The rest were like wet farts.

Personally, I would think that they would put out a new DMC just to fight against Bayonetta.  Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure that Bayonetta is gonna wipe the floor with DMC.  =  /

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.