Itagaki's Devil's Third Announced

• 65 results
#51 Posted by hpv (177 posts) -
Either Itagaki's Tecmo contract had a non-compete clause regarding video games with ridiculous boob physics or he was out of office the day  they had to get approval for this trailer.  I don't even want to think about the alternatives, the implications for humanity of an Itagaki game without ocean-like bouncing breasts are really too horrible to imagine.  Especially since this game actually looks pretty sweet.

@ComixZone
said:
" Solid trailer...peaked my interest. "
Piqued, bro.
#52 Posted by Sharpshooter (887 posts) -

Well judging from that trailer its got three of the four elements I associate with a game by Tomonobu Itagaki. 1) Ninjas, 2) Resevoirs of blood and 3) a Female character with her tits on display for all to see. All we need is word that its got element 4) Finger blistering difficulty
#53 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19354 posts) -
@Sharpshooter said:
" 1) Ninjas"
No, no, no.  One of the reasons I like this so much is because they're not ninja!  They're just badass gunslingers and swordsmen.
#54 Edited by Sharpshooter (887 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ:
Ok I'll agree with that assessment. But it still has the other hallmarks of an Itagaki game does it not. Well aside for difficulty which we cant test and must rely on the good folks at GiantBomb to test for us until release.
#55 Posted by Brackynews (4087 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
No, no, no.  One of the reasons I like this so much is because they're not ninja!  They're just badass gunslingers and swordsmen. "
How 'bout that Red Steel 2?  Or Rising Zan?
More games should be so lucky to be confused with a Rising Zan type of experience.
#56 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19354 posts) -
@Brackynews: I've never heard of Rising Zan before, but from screenshots, it looks like what I'm talking about.  Not so much Red Steel 2, though.  I just mean characters who are extremely agile (wall running, jumping all over the place...) and who attack with a sword and a gun.  One of the reasons I was so interested in WET before release was because the main character was all about that (and she was a tough female protagonist, to boot).   

I really do hope this game is good.
#57 Posted by Lazyaza (2188 posts) -

Interesting, never liked Dead or Alive or Ninja Gaiden but this could be good.

#58 Posted by Protome (347 posts) -

A third person shooter with lots of melee combat too? 
Remind you of any other games that came out recently? 
I wonder if you'll also have a dog...

#59 Posted by Ferginator4k (737 posts) -

Itagaku is clearly an arrogant, egotistical bastard. And thats why i love him.

#60 Posted by DiGiTaL_SiN (1789 posts) -

Rock on! 

Or should I say "Lock on!"

#61 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -

Looks phun!

#62 Posted by The_Philosopher (570 posts) -

He's so full of himself, game looks like it could be neat.
#63 Edited by KwillyB (18 posts) -

Seeing  a lot  of comparisons to WET which tells me people aren't considering who's behind this. Gameplay has always been number one with Itagaki's stuff which just happen to also look awesome and have never been style over substance. They cut this trailer from a product that still has ~2 years development left and even the skeptics think it looks kinda fun to play. Do you remember the first trailer for WET? Broad was just sitting in a bathtub looking at her guns. They spent more time designing her than making something you'd want to play. Give this some time he'll impress you. Title is stupid though.    

#64 Posted by insanegamer (612 posts) -

very excited for it.

#65 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (3966 posts) -

I hope it won't be like [Prototype] either. It was such a
pain in the ass moving around the city.

#66 Posted by Rasgueado (718 posts) -

So... like Dead to Rights always wanted to be?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.