Itagaki's new game

• 0 results
#1 Edited by AjayRaz (12428 posts) -
#2 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

The gratuitous blood effects had me laughing, especially when that dude was getting pumped full of lead by a minigun.

#3 Edited by Dany (7887 posts) -

I totally saw it and I totally loved it! It was a lot of Ninja Gaiden and some guns added in. It looks insane and crazy, limbs flying everyhwere. and too be clear, the boob sizes were fine.

#4 Posted by Capum15 (4903 posts) -

Trailer was funny, but the game looks really interesting. Was said to be focused on a "new type of action game", being really fast-paced action.

Dudes got cut the eff in half.

#5 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Yep, I was laughing my ass off, with the music/violence, it was just weird/fun to watch

#6 Posted by GunstarRed (5194 posts) -

It looks fun. I totally get the Uncharted comparison and Ninjas with guns are always pretty awesome..... unless it's Ninja Blade... please, don't let it be like Ninja Blade!
#7 Posted by AjayRaz (12428 posts) -
@Dany said:
" I totally saw it and I totally loved it! It was a lot of Ninja Gaiden and some guns added in. It looks insane and crazy, limbs flying everyhwere. and too be clear, the boob sizes were fine. "
haha yeah. i'm kind of excited for it. i want to see more of it at E3 though. 

oh, and i only wrote that because i knew people would comment on about it ; ; 

@Capum15 said:
 Dudes got cut the eff in half. "
yeah haha. reminds me a lot of Ninja Gaiden II with the over hte top gore 
#8 Posted by Capum15 (4903 posts) -

Seriously, people jumping all over stuff, ninja-looking guys running on walls only to get Rocket Launcher'd. Tons of blood, too.

#9 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -

Looks kind of...bad.

#10 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Also, that spike gametrailers show....looks terrible. I have it on mute in the background and just watching geoff with the two ladies who could not look more uninterested in the script, only in their paycheck. Gah, them promoting the KIn about how she is going to be posting from it live during e3. Maybe its because i have it mute but those two ladies come off as fake.

#11 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19347 posts) -

Reminds me of what WET should have been.

#12 Posted by Capum15 (4903 posts) -
@Dany said:
" Also, that spike gametrailers show....looks terrible. I have it on mute in the background and just watching geoff with the two ladies who could not look more uninterested in the script, only in their paycheck. Gah, them promoting the KIn about how she is going to be posting from it live during e3. Maybe its because i have it mute but those two ladies come off as fake. "
Oh god, I know. It's cheesy as hell. More so than I can remember it usually being (since it's usually interviews and talking to other people), probably since it's pre-E3. That whole Force Unleashed 2 thing with the two Empire soldiers was...ugh. Trailer was awesome though.
#13 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden is the finest action game of it's kind. I'm certainly interested in this ridiculous mess of action.

#14 Posted by rhodric (281 posts) -

looks like brink with a M rating.

#15 Posted by M_33 (527 posts) -

Looks like something I'd like. But it also looks like something remarkably corny. Wait, I like that too.
#16 Posted by Landon (4144 posts) -
@AlwaysAngry said:
" Looks kind of...badass! "
Fixed.
#17 Posted by Alucard_N7 (78 posts) -

A NINJA GAIDEN SHOOTER!? HUH!? MY BRAINS GOING TO EXPLODE!!!!

#18 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -
@Landon said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
Fixed. "
No. This looks like WET. 

So again, this looks bad.
#19 Posted by Landon (4144 posts) -
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @Landon said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
Fixed. "
No. This looks like WET.   So again, this looks bad. "
Hey, WET wasn't that bad, and the guy making it is known for incredibly fun action games. At least it doesn't look like Dante's Inferno.
#20 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19347 posts) -
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @Landon said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
Fixed. "
Your logic is kinda flawed. 

Anyways, if this and Vanquish have similar release dates, I have a feeling that it'll create a similar situation like Prototype/Infamous and Blur / Split/Second.
#21 Posted by carlthenimrod (1594 posts) -

Looks neat. Seems like it will have 2 player co-op, which makes me way more interested.

#22 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

This looks like a videogame. The kind you play with controllers 

I hope the chick turns out to be a decent character instead of tits with a sword

#23 Posted by AjayRaz (12428 posts) -
@carlthenimrod said:
" Looks neat. Seems like it will have 2 player co-op, which makes me way more interested. "
i would love that. you have no idea how awesome that would be 
#24 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19347 posts) -
@luce said:
" I hope the chick turns out to be a decent character instead of tits with a sword "
Tits with a sword sounds decent...  Just sayin'. 

It's a Japanese developed game, by Itagaki.  The dude what made Dead or Alive.  I wouldn't expect much from her other than sex appeal.
#25 Posted by AjayRaz (12428 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @luce said:
" I hope the chick turns out to be a decent character instead of tits with a sword "
Tits with a sword sounds decent...  Just sayin'.  It's a Japanese developed game, by Itagaki.  The dude what made Dead or Alive.  I wouldn't expect much from her other than sex appeal. "
despite me being a DOA / Ninja Gaiden fan, i'll have to agree here. most (if not, all) female characters in Itagaki's games are nothing but sex appeal.  

though.. considering she'll be one of the playable characters, you never know. Itagaki's games never really relied on story though. 
#26 Posted by Landon (4144 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @Landon said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
Fixed. "

Anyways, if this and Vanquish have similar release dates, I have a feeling that it'll create a similar situation like Prototype/Infamous and Blur / Split/Second. "
I think YOUR logic if flawed. 
  1. Vanquish doesn't have swords
  2. Vanquish looks like a much faster paced game than this
  3. Vanquish is cleaner looking than this

Vanquish and this look like they have about as much in common as Halo and Gears. 
Also, Prototype and Infamous were nothing alike.
#27 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -
@luce said:
" This looks like a videogame. The kind you play with controllers   I hope the chick turns out to be a decent character instead of tits with a sword "
It's itagaki. At best hope for tits with an interesting personality. It's good to see him branching out, sorta. Since DOA's the "perfect fighting game" and all.
#28 Posted by M_33 (527 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

Anyways, if this and Vanquish have similar release dates, I have a feeling that it'll create a similar situation like Prototype/Infamous and Blur / Split/Second. "

This I doubt. 

Vanquish seems more like a straight-up 3rd person shooter while this seems to have a larger focus on action. If anything Devil's Third looks like a Ninja Gaiden meets Bayonetta it terms of gameplay and presentation.  
Please note that I'm basing these views entirely on recollection so I might be wrong.
#29 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -
@Landon said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @Landon said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
Fixed. "

I think YOUR logic if flawed. 
  1. Vanquish doesn't have swords
  2. Vanquish looks like a much faster paced game than this
  3. Vanquish is cleaner looking than this
 Vanquish and this look like they have about as much in common as Halo and Gears.  Also, Prototype and Infamous were nothing alike.   
There is no relation between Vanquish and this game. Dude has made a Pachter-like connection- he said Borderlands wouldn't do well because it has the RPG elements of Dragon age and the shooter elements of MW2, which were both coming out close to this game. Guess what? Borderlands sells a million+ copies. 

At best what you can say is that this game would be overshadowed by Vanquish, much like Alan Wake was by RDR. However, neither of these games have the high profile/interest of an RDR. They'll both do about the same IMO.
#30 Posted by M_33 (527 posts) -
@DystopiaX:
That.
#31 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -

I'll be keeping my eye on it for sure. I have a few reservations about Itagaki's sensibilities, but dude knows how to make a smooth action game. 
It'll also be interesting to see how he jives with his new development team and publisher.

#32 Posted by M_33 (527 posts) -

I hope this game dosen't turn out to be frustrating... Ninja Gaiden with guns calls for a lots of death.

#33 Posted by AjayRaz (12428 posts) -
@M_33 said:
"

I hope this game dosen't turn out to be frustrating... Ninja Gaiden with guns calls for a lots of death.

"
most, if not, all of Itagaki's games are pretty damn difficult so i wouldn't be surprised it's not frustrating here.  

he said it will be a new type of action game so i could be wrong but if it is difficult, i won't be surprised. 
#34 Posted by LiquidPrince (15952 posts) -

Comparing this to Uncharted did it no favors. It looked alright, but I would still need to see a lot more. Also, it had a surprising lack of boobs for an Itagaki game.

#35 Posted by Eelcire (367 posts) -

Looks good, I'm certainly excited to see more from the game. From what I've read the trailer is entirely from the multiplayer and single player hasn't been shown (according to the Famitsu interview the game is only 5-10% complete). Signature Itagaki style!

#36 Posted by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

Dumb and bad character models.

#37 Posted by AjayRaz (12428 posts) -
@Eelcire said: 

Looks good, I'm certainly excited to see more from the game. From what I've read the trailer is entirely from the multiplayer and single player hasn't been shown (according to the Famitsu interview the game is only 5-10% complete). Signature Itagaki style!

are you kidding me? o.O
#38 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19347 posts) -
@Landon: @M_33: @DystopiaX:  Guys, I'm not saying this game looks anything like Vanquish.  I'm saying that if this game released in the same time frame as Vanquish, there would be a lot of threads saying "Vanquish vs Devil's Third" and "Which should I buy: Devil's Third or Vanquish?".  This situation was created with Prototype/Infamous and Blur / Split/Second because they were games set in the same genre released at practically the same time.  I didn't mean that they had many common threads between them.
#39 Posted by goodwood (600 posts) -

Dont know how to feel about this one the trailer left me uninterested, I guess I have never been into what Itagaki has done.

#40 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -
@AlwaysAngry said:
" No. This looks like WET.   So again, this looks bad. "
WET was nothing but pure stylized awesome.

On topic: this game looks cool. I have to say that I love Itagaki. He's like the Eastern Molyneux in my mind, in the sense that he always views whatever his next project is as the best thing to happen in gaming history, only to be outdone by his next project. I have to admire developers who are so enthusiastic in their work even when they seem to sometimes ignore reality. Should be a good time though, can't think of an Itagaki game I haven't enjoyed yet (besides the volleyball games).
#41 Posted by chronicsmoke (996 posts) -

I loved the trailer it looks like its gonna be pretty insane

#42 Posted by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -

I love three things about this trailer
(1) Guns and swords go together like peanutbutter and spagetti (DELICIOUS)
(2) Blood everywhere, and it looks good
(3) Itigaki is so down with himself that it is rad. 

Yea, this looks great (again no actual game-play BUT)  If it controls as good as Ninja Gaiden Sigma im in. I don't know if I can handle ten versions of it tho.

#43 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

That looked fucken great!  

#44 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

Really excited for this one though I dont really like Ninja Gaiden.

#45 Posted by Shirogane (3576 posts) -

That music was pretty good on that trailer, made it hilarious. 

Suprised at the lack of bouncing, or did he just not finish creating his new breast physics engine yet? That must be it...
#46 Posted by JJOR64 (18996 posts) -

Looks neat.  Hopefully some gameplay videos will come out of E3.

#47 Posted by Hailinel (24876 posts) -

I see Itagaki hasn't lost his ego, or his flair for the over the top.

#48 Posted by AjayRaz (12428 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" Looks neat.  Hopefully some gameplay videos will come out of E3. "
yup. he said he'll reveal more at E3  

@Hailinel said:
" I see Itagaki hasn't lost his ego, or his flair for the over the top. "
indeed, and i wouldn't have it any other way 
#49 Edited by Lawrens (688 posts) -

It'll probably end up to be pretty decent, trailer is underwhelming, but supposedly it'll focus on a different approach to the shooter genre, with multiplayer competitive mode, I'm sure he'll deliver. Game is only 10% done it seems. I don't mind shooters that will play differently with good mobility, like a more on drug uncharted2 with more combat options other than a selection of guns, or maybe even more unique, we'll see.

#50 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5426 posts) -

Looks awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.