Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo II

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 29, 2000

The sequel to Blizzard's popular action-RPG features a larger and more varied world, new playable classes, and expanded skill trees. Even moreso than its predecessor, Diablo II would provide a blueprint followed by many later RPGs and action games.

Curse you Blizzard Entertainment!!! Curse Youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Edited By Wildfire570

On the contrary to the title, I actually love Blizzard Entertainment. I mean who doesn't?! They really do make some excellent games. But you want to know what makes playing these great games better? They're better if they are free! How is that possible??? I have a thing called connections...or a friend that said that I can just have them because their brother no longer plays them. So the two games I got are Diablo and Diablo II (minus the expansion). Whats funny is that the game's came in these huge boxes and I thought they came in those small jewel cases but I was wrong...totally wrong. 

The only history I have with Blizzard games is World of Warcraft and that game nearly took my soul away. I ALMOST lost it...almost! But thats not what I'm actually talking about. As you all know, Blizzard makes awesome games and the only real awesome game I played was WoW. So I decided to give these two games a whirl! At first I wasn't too impressed with the first Diablo for some odd reason. I tried the online component and that didn't really help things but I did beat it and was actually pretty satisfied with the story of the game so as a result I kinda had a bitter sweet about the first Diablo. So I sort of had a bad impression about the Diablo franchise but it was the second game that completely changed my mind! When I started Diablo II, I really thought it was just a recycled Diablo one until I started killing more enemies...and more enemies...and more...then I leveled up. Then I was able to kill more...and more! However it was my first rare drop that pretty much sold me to the game. I was legitimately excited to get a rare item. And so my journey of the crazy world of Diablo II has begun...

So the first thing that I wanted to point out was how old these graphics are! I mean, I knew that they were old skool games but jeez...I didn't know that they were that old. I was kinda surprised by Diablo II but hey, who am I to complain? Whats weird though is that the resolution is still in 640 x 480 which was another surprising thing to me as well. Oh well, as long as I kill my enemies in a bloody fashion what else do you need? Of course my choice of class was simple for me, the Barbarian! In any RPG, the only type I play is the Tank. There is nothing more thrilling than throwing myself in the fray and just being surrounded and having so much health that I won't die for minutes on end!  (Leeroy Jenkins anyone?) My favorite thing about Diablo II so far is the fact that they do a pretty good job on making you feel awesome! As you acquire more equipment and more skills and get your stats up even higher, I actually felt powerful for once in my life. While I'm only in the 2nd act, I still go back to the 1st Act area just so i can go into the bosses and kill them all by myself for sheer satisfaction! Also the one thing that drives me to play the game is the loot. There are so many items, weapon, armor, and God I love it!!! Its definitely a rush for me and I would be in my classes at college and I'm thinking about what kind of loot can I find after school.

So why do I curse Blizzard if I love a game they made? Its because they are so addicting! They make awesome games but they know what people like in a RPG and it delivers to me! And as a result I can't wait till Diablo III comes out. Nevertheless I enjoy Diablo II, its definitely the best game I've played on the PC since the Half-Life series. And now for random pictures for your enjoyment!

Thanks for reading!!!

Oh my God!!! So much gold!!! So much to plunder!!!

Yo fifty! Take a look at those big ass PC boxes!

Soulcrusha is my Barbarian's name.
    Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Wildfire570

On the contrary to the title, I actually love Blizzard Entertainment. I mean who doesn't?! They really do make some excellent games. But you want to know what makes playing these great games better? They're better if they are free! How is that possible??? I have a thing called connections...or a friend that said that I can just have them because their brother no longer plays them. So the two games I got are Diablo and Diablo II (minus the expansion). Whats funny is that the game's came in these huge boxes and I thought they came in those small jewel cases but I was wrong...totally wrong. 

The only history I have with Blizzard games is World of Warcraft and that game nearly took my soul away. I ALMOST lost it...almost! But thats not what I'm actually talking about. As you all know, Blizzard makes awesome games and the only real awesome game I played was WoW. So I decided to give these two games a whirl! At first I wasn't too impressed with the first Diablo for some odd reason. I tried the online component and that didn't really help things but I did beat it and was actually pretty satisfied with the story of the game so as a result I kinda had a bitter sweet about the first Diablo. So I sort of had a bad impression about the Diablo franchise but it was the second game that completely changed my mind! When I started Diablo II, I really thought it was just a recycled Diablo one until I started killing more enemies...and more enemies...and more...then I leveled up. Then I was able to kill more...and more! However it was my first rare drop that pretty much sold me to the game. I was legitimately excited to get a rare item. And so my journey of the crazy world of Diablo II has begun...

So the first thing that I wanted to point out was how old these graphics are! I mean, I knew that they were old skool games but jeez...I didn't know that they were that old. I was kinda surprised by Diablo II but hey, who am I to complain? Whats weird though is that the resolution is still in 640 x 480 which was another surprising thing to me as well. Oh well, as long as I kill my enemies in a bloody fashion what else do you need? Of course my choice of class was simple for me, the Barbarian! In any RPG, the only type I play is the Tank. There is nothing more thrilling than throwing myself in the fray and just being surrounded and having so much health that I won't die for minutes on end!  (Leeroy Jenkins anyone?) My favorite thing about Diablo II so far is the fact that they do a pretty good job on making you feel awesome! As you acquire more equipment and more skills and get your stats up even higher, I actually felt powerful for once in my life. While I'm only in the 2nd act, I still go back to the 1st Act area just so i can go into the bosses and kill them all by myself for sheer satisfaction! Also the one thing that drives me to play the game is the loot. There are so many items, weapon, armor, and God I love it!!! Its definitely a rush for me and I would be in my classes at college and I'm thinking about what kind of loot can I find after school.

So why do I curse Blizzard if I love a game they made? Its because they are so addicting! They make awesome games but they know what people like in a RPG and it delivers to me! And as a result I can't wait till Diablo III comes out. Nevertheless I enjoy Diablo II, its definitely the best game I've played on the PC since the Half-Life series. And now for random pictures for your enjoyment!

Thanks for reading!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.