Favorite Diablo II Class

#1 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
#2 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Sorc, used to love Frozen orb, and I legitimately got a full Tal Rasha, by that  I mean finding it.
Took a while, then I stopped playing =( Account died, few chars got locked out, and a few moved to non-ladder.

I'm hoping the magican has a few decent cold spells, I've looked at the trees on the GB page, and there's a few but it's not looking that positive, I also hope they nerf TP, and make it just an evasive move or something, I got annoyed with people just doing Baal runs, I admit it's an easy way to level, but what was the point?
The point of that game really was to get a decent party and run. I suppose if they find it fun so be it.

#3 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

I usually stuck with the druid, but I did have a pretty good amazon

#4 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -

I voted for Necro. Though I was a huge frozen orb/chain lightning sorc whore back in the day as well.

#5 Posted by torus (1097 posts) -

I was Lightning Sorceress in D2: LOD :D 

@Ineedaname: I'm the first to admit, that guy doing runs with teleport was me :). It was also extremely effective in duels- melee classes had no chance against me.

#6 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -

I use Necro most when I do play.

#7 Posted by Tiwi (1402 posts) -

Sorceress.
Man i should go back and play some more of this. *sighs* memories...

#8 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@torus: Not gonna lie I did a few myself, but I only do it for the items, and if I was soloing, or occasionally I'd jump in a server to do the run and kill Baal on my own, I know that sounds contradicting, but I only done it for the items, it made it a little easier to save me killing all of his minions when I had people doing it for me. If it's raping mana on the new one, it'd be awesome for me, because I've got a set of friends ready to run, so it'll mean we all will be at the same level, and we level together. And I've plans to go a Wizard, if it's not killing mana, I can already see me either reluctantly doing TP to the boss, or soloing it because my friends want the quick path.
#9 Posted by ez123 (1997 posts) -

Sorceress. They were alot of fun PvP and PvM. In my most recent account, I had 3 sorces until getting banned for D2Loader.

#10 Edited by ArbitraryWater (12123 posts) -

Necro is fun because you can raise your own little army whilst exploding every corpse you see.

#11 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6398 posts) -

I pretty much stuck with a barbarian and a sorceress, but ended up using the sorceress a bit more.  The wall of fire spells were always my personal favorites, especially for roasting some cattle into crispy burgers.
#12 Posted by bjorno (1433 posts) -

haha nobody likes amazon

#13 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Necro

#14 Posted by PowerSerj (987 posts) -

Fireclaw Druid was here

Everyone else is casual

#15 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -

Wow no Zon love? Those JavZons are preeeeety good! (I should know, I have a very high level JavZon)

#16 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -

It was a toss up for me between the assassin and the druid. I ended up picking the druid, mainly because I really liked being a werewolf. I know the werewolf build isn't the strongest, and mostly an auxiliary class, but it was still fun. Hell, I even made my build from the ground up.

#17 Posted by G0rd0nFr33m4n (762 posts) -

I recently got back into the game and I'll say it.... amazon love right here ! :P

#18 Posted by melcene (3034 posts) -

I used to love the hell out of some Amazon.  Then I really got into the druid.  Though I haven't played since like 1.09.

#19 Edited by Snipper138 (351 posts) -

Glad to see my favorite (the necro) is in the lead.......so far. I love me some corpse explosion.

#20 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -

Necromancer.

#21 Posted by MaFoLu (1859 posts) -

Sorceress. 
First class I played, most fun class I played, though I gotta say, pretty much all classes in Diablo II were fun. 
Sorceress is still the best, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.