Just bought Diablo, Diablo II and LOD

#1 Posted by Wampa1 (707 posts) -

After a recommendation I picked up the three Diablo games developed by blizzard. However after patching LOD up to 1.13 I cant seem to access the battle.net servers, is there any way around this issue?

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Are you getting a specific error when trying to connect to Bnet?

I'm not sure that D1 is still up and running on Bnet but D2 should definitely work.

#3 Posted by cmblasko (1282 posts) -

@Wampa1: Which server are you trying to connect to?

#4 Posted by Wampa1 (707 posts) -

@Ravenlight: Yeah D1 is down i think, just felt it was a game I had to play.

@cmblasko: European server, "unable to identify version"

#5 Posted by TooWalrus (13235 posts) -

Dude, where do you buy Diablo 1?

#6 Posted by Matthew (1914 posts) -

The Diablo Battle Chest has the original Diablo in it. As for why you're having trouble connecting, I don't really know the issue there...I'm on the West Coast of the States, and I just started up a game with a buddy in Europe this afternoon. Had no problems there, aside from the occasional lag from time to time. It's really easy, we're on the mumble server, and have a blast while we're at it. You should join up!

#7 Posted by august (3853 posts) -

@Wampa1: Did you get the patch from here: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-ii-patch-information ?

#8 Posted by Wampa1 (707 posts) -

@august: Yes

#9 Posted by Wampa1 (707 posts) -

@TooWalrus: I picked it up pre-owned at a local game store, but yeah it's also part of the battlechest!

@Matthew: Would be glad to have some co-op partners, fair warning though I'm still new at the game so might be a bit of a drag..

#10 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Wampa1: Try right-clicking your D2 shortcut and telling it to Run As Administrator.

Source

#11 Posted by Matthew (1914 posts) -

@Wampa1: it aint no thing. Just get on the mumble and we'll help you out tons! Check out this link for all sorts of groovay info.

#12 Posted by TooWalrus (13235 posts) -

@Wampa1 said:

@TooWalrus: I picked it up pre-owned at a local game store, but yeah it's also part of the battlechest!

@Matthew: Would be glad to have some co-op partners, fair warning though I'm still new at the game so might be a bit of a drag..

Actually I've got a copy of the Diablo battlechest right here, and it's only Diablo II, the Lords of Shadow expansion, and the players guide... and a trial disc for WoW. Maybe they updated it or something...?

#13 Posted by Wampa1 (707 posts) -

@Ravenlight: Thanks, I'll give that a try!

#14 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
@TooWalrus

@Wampa1 said:

Actually I've got a copy of the Diablo battlechest right here, and it's only Diablo II, the Lords of Shadow expansion, and the players guide... and a trial disc for WoW. Maybe they updated it or something...?

I rebought it a month ago and it had D1 in it still.
#15 Posted by fox01313 (5080 posts) -

@TooWalrus:

You should see a box art image of the Diablo1 game on the middle of the right hand side & there's not much inside apart from one disc for Diablo1. Having reinstalled D2 on this pc in the last week, I have it right in front of me to take a bit of a trip through them again. Shame some of the earlier Blizz titles aren't on Battlenet to download, still can't find the Lost Viking games I never finished & would love to play it more.

#16 Posted by TooWalrus (13235 posts) -

@fox01313 said:

@TooWalrus:

You should see a box art image of the Diablo1 game on the middle of the right hand side & there's not much inside apart from one disc for Diablo1. Having reinstalled D2 on this pc in the last week, I have it right in front of me to take a bit of a trip through them again. Shame some of the earlier Blizz titles aren't on Battlenet to download, still can't find the Lost Viking games I never finished & would love to play it more.

Bummer for me, it looks like they changed it awhile ago (or maybe recently, I don't know) Either way, here's the copy I've got:

#17 Posted by Wampa1 (707 posts) -

@fox01313: So are the D1 servers down for sure now?

#18 Posted by fox01313 (5080 posts) -

: not sure as I've mainly been playing D2, best thing to try is just email blizz to see if it's just down in your area

: How odd, though after looking at amazon that is the newer (suckier version IMO) of the diablo battle chest. The older one (amazon link) has the classic version in it & I have no idea why they did this apart from everyone just loving the sequel, but the original should be played to see how much better the sequel is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.