Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 25, 2014

An expansion to Diablo III that adds the Crusader class, a new area called Westmarch, and a new evil to fight in Malthael, the angel of death.

Patch 2.1 coming Tues 8/26 - Are you excited, and why?

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Deathshroud

I was wondering how excited people are for 2.1 . I personally didn't play PTR so reading some stuff today got my really pumped up. One of which I am super excited for is the new Crusader set for shield bash . I loved shield bash when I first started the game and it is my favorite game play style of all. However it didn't hold up later in the game and made me sad because of it. I really like shotgun build but after hearing about that new set and the buff it is giving for shield bash I am going for that whole hog.

Moderator Edit: 2.1 PTR Patch Notes

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

There is a lot of new things being added. I went with the PC version because I wanted patch support which the PS3 version doesn't have. I am looking forward to go into the realm of the loot goblins and find their vault full of treasure.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I don't think there is an existing 2.1 topic around. There really hasn't been much discussion about Diablo 3 lately, at least other than the recent Ultimate Evil Edition release.

I put a lot of time into Diablo and took a break to play some Marvel Heroes for a couple of months to satisfy my ARPG itch, but with the impending release of 2.1 I've found myself back playing D3 again in Hardcore mode. The idea of unique rewards for participating in the new Seasons and the new changes to Rifts definitely have me looking forward to the patch. I even started a new hardcore character this weekend to start getting back into Diablo 3 mode!

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know too much about it, but the addition of greater rifts and greed portals will break up the grinding feeling even more, which can only be a good thing.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: yeah I remember you talking to me about ( Me) playing a hardcore character and was wondering from that if you were playing. seasonal seems interesting even though i would probably not rank very high ...but you never know lol. Greater rifts are probably something else I am looking forward to even playing solo ( which I do a lot).

Myself I tried playing path of exile for scratching that itch but it didn't really do it for me.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Corevi

I might actually buy RoS for this patch, but there's so many games coming out in the next few months that I probably won't.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I like Diablo 3 a lot, but the way the endgame progression works is pretty brutal. I'm not sure there are enough hooks to engage someone who's only casually interested in engaging with it.

Maybe the seasons will be better for someone with my play-style - are the rewards something that will benefit my whole account?

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Deathshroud

@corruptedevil: I saw best buy has it on sale for $20 usd. ( not sure if this is something you can take advantage of or not)

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: I saw best buy has it on sale for $20 usd. ( not sure if this is something you can take advantage of or not)

Canadian so no.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

3 things really excite me about this patch.

1.) Changes to Dex increase the survivability of Demon Hunter. I already run Torment 3 with almost 800k dps and 5 million armor but I have a hard time surviving certain affixes if I get caught. By changing Dex to increase armor and removing dodge chance I should now be able to blow stuff up without fear of plague, fire, or freeze killing me.

2.) Greater rifts seem neat. I also like the loot potential they bring.

3.) Ladders - I may just get a hardcore character to 70....maybe.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Deathshroud

@veektarius: from what I understand yes, when you get something from seasons ( from what I read) it will go into the stash to use for your " main". I could be totally wrong lol

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Out of curiosity how good is the shield bash skill buff of the set? Because the last time I played the Jakenborg shield pretty much made every other aoe crusader skill obsolete, compared to the shatter shield throw with it, everything else was like a bicycle trying to catch up to a jet plane. And when I glanced at the patch notes some time ago i saw that it is now also gonna get procs on all bounces, which seems even more ridiculous, like strapping an extra pistol to your rocket launcher.

Anyway, i don't think 2.1 is enough to bring me back in. At a certain point in gearing up your dude, the "time investment : getting new gear" ratio becomes simply too much. When you hit that loot ceiling is different for everyone, for me it was playing a few hours per day for a few days and not getting even 1 more upgrade. But the bigger factor I think is that the gaming lul is about to end and there is going to be plenty of new shit to play.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: Saw that on your profile before composing the message but unsure if bestbuy exists in Canada

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: Saw that on your profile before composing the message but unsure if bestbuy exists in Canada

It definitely does but it has different deals.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

I'm excited about seasons in a way I didn't think I would be. I think the way they've structured it is pretty smart. There are some fun incentives to participating but not so much that it feels mandatory.

@veektarius said:

I like Diablo 3 a lot, but the way the endgame progression works is pretty brutal. I'm not sure there are enough hooks to engage someone who's only casually interested in engaging with it.

Maybe the seasons will be better for someone with my play-style - are the rewards something that will benefit my whole account?

Yup, once the season ends, all your seasonal characters, items, gold, paragon experience, etc. transfers over.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to Great Rifts.

Don't know if I'm excited about Seasons. I only played Ladder characters in D2 because that's where everyone played. I don't even have any extra character slots to make a Season character, anyway.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukeweizer: Did they say anything about expanding the amount of character slots?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw the breaking news on the Blizzard launcher that 2.1 is coming to PC tomorrow. I haven't been paying that close of attention to the timetable but I wasn't expecting it tomorrow, thats for sure. Sweet.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: yeah I was not either . I went onto battle.net or whatever to watch that Dev question video and saw the release message. That's what sparked this topic :P

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mike

Edited your thread title a bit to reflect the impending release of 2.1. Anyone know when the PS4 and Xbox One are getting 2.1?

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: Oh cool , Thank you !

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: from what I read it is getting it. Just no date on when . also they used the Term " mirror/ing" the PC version. Not sure if that is good or bad.

rickyyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am super excited anytime a diablo 3 patch is rolling out cause it means the game gets better. From where it was at launch to now things have improved so much. The only thing I want that they have refused to give citing what ever 'reasons' they have is Controller support for the PC version. Yes I realize doing mouse and keyboard is easier or whatever but I have wrist problems that would be alleviated by just doing that crap on a controller.

But, yeah. All and all I think this update will provide some interesting new content and have me playing for a little while longer.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukeweizer: Did they say anything about expanding the amount of character slots?

I don't think they have. Apparently the Season isn't starting tomorrow. I'm guessing they won't start till the beginning of a month so they do easy to remember start/ end dates. If we do get extra slots, it probably won't happen tomorrow.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickyyo: I have a bad habit of clenching my hand too much on the mouse when playing a game like this . So it causes bad cramping and stuff like that in my fingers. So I also wish they would provide control support as a alt method of control . On top of that I have a friend of mine who would play that has wrist problems also and would play if they had that benefit.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My friend and I just got the expansion the other day. We are loving it. I am trying the Crusader and the shield bash is awesome. Looking forward to the new changes.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as everything goes smoothly , which knowing some of blizzard patches and updates in the past...might not happen lol. I will get home from work right in time to leap right into playing and watching Bones or some other show at the same time lol.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am trying the Crusader and the shield bash is awesome.

I know right !!!.

I need to do some research and see if there is a weapon or shield or both that also go with boosting or assisting a shield bash build. hhmmm

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'm excited, even though I'm currently playing D3 on Xbox1. With dex giving armor, my DH will be able to farm T5 and 6 finally without needing dual unities. Ladders I don't care about. There is gonna be one new small area, and the loot portals are very fun and very profitable(20-50 mill gold per run ime in the PTR). Have to read up on all the nerfs and buffs still.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mike

@pweidman said:

Have to read up on all the nerfs and buffs still.

I was just about to do that. I haven't played seriously for a couple of months, so I'm sure there are some changes even pre-2.1 that I need to catch up on.

(edit: Just looked over the patch notes. They're extensive, set aside some time to go through them)

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I took advantage of the gold bonus weekend. I am pretty low right now after making gems etc.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickyyo: I have a bad habit of clenching my hand too much on the mouse when playing a game like this . So it causes bad cramping and stuff like that in my fingers. So I also wish they would provide control support as a alt method of control . On top of that I have a friend of mine who would play that has wrist problems also and would play if they had that benefit.

I used to do that in some games. I solved the problem by getting a mouse with so many buttons, gripping it too tightly anywhere would press something. Solved the problem.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: that is a really good idea .. or electric shock lol.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathshroud: The other cool part about mice with lots of buttons is that I don't even have to use a keyboard for many games, even D3.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: oh that would be awesome to have. I need to find one that is not too expensive but a good brand. One thing that makes me sad about having a tight budget. Add it to my list of stuff to get. Maybe new egg is having a sale.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Deathshroud

I can't remember the name but I hope I can finally get that bless shield flail from greater rifts. I would look it up but I am on my phone and I'm lazy lol.

I'm at work any news if the patch is going to take longer then estimated?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.