Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 25, 2014

An expansion to Diablo III that adds the Crusader class, a new area called Westmarch, and a new evil to fight in Malthael, the angel of death.

Patch is totally worth trying out

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By veektarius

So RoS isn't technically out yet, but they've patched in "Loot 2.0" and some of the other mechanics, and I have to say it's really an improvement. In about 2 hours of play I reshuffled my skills twice to make best use of the skill bonuses that came on the fast, furious, and overwhelmingly useful drops I've gotten. Add that to being able to tune the difficulty on the fly, and it's a whole new world, just like Aladdin always wanted. Check it out.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Is that patch available on the console versions I wonder?

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I really enjoy the new patch and makes me remember that Diablo II (one of my favorite games of all time and most likely the one I've spent the most time on) was kind of not great at launch. In fact, it wasn't great until *after* LoD.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I agree, it's a vast improvement on the game.

The game wasn't bad by any means at launch but it wasn't very fun after a short amount of time (in comparison to older Diablo games- still a significant amount of time). The several hours I played of it the other day, with the new loot system and other changes they made, seems to be a step in the right direction. If they had released this way it would have been higher on my GOTY list in 2012 or whatever it was.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's good for leveling in hardcore, still pretty boring in every other aspect.

DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By DannyHibiki

@yummylee said:

I'm pretty sure changes that were implemented in this patch are the same changes that are in the console versions of Diablo 3. Re-balancing the loot, and difficulty that comes along with not having an auction house anymore.

Most of the big changes are coming in the expansion.

Just wish they had added the dodge roll too.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

@dannyhibiki said:

@yummylee said:

I'm pretty sure changes that were implemented in this patch are the same changes that are in the console versions of Diablo 3. Re-balancing the loot, and difficulty that comes along with not having an auction house anymore.

Just wish they had added the dodge roll too.

Right, now that you mention it you've always been allowed to change the difficulty from the get-go on the console version. I obviously couldn't comment towards the loot variety, but I had found plenty of legendaries despite not even reaching lv 60 with a single character yet.

derp...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.