Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 25, 2014

An expansion to Diablo III that adds the Crusader class, a new area called Westmarch, and a new evil to fight in Malthael, the angel of death.

Should I complete the campaign or stop at a certain level?

blakdeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Greetings duders. I would like to solicit your advice if I may.

My wife and I are interested in playing chapter V of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls together. She has a level 32 monk that has completed chapters I - IV on normal difficulty. I have a level 26 crusader that has completed chapter I, and part of chapter II on expert difficulty. My wife likes to plow through enemies and enjoys feeling successful, whereas I enjoy a bit of a challenge and don't mind failing several times before accomplishing a task.

The question is, should I level my crusader to ~32 on expert difficulty and stop so that my crusader will be a comparable level to my wife's monk, or should I go ahead and complete chapters I - IV on normal so that I don't level past my wife's character?

Alternatively, I could complete chapters I - IV on normal difficulty, thus gaining less experience, but I find normal lacking in terms of challenge and I am afraid I will lose interest.

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You could just have her invite you straight to act V if you'd like, you don't have to play through act IV to play V if somebody else invites you. And if you play on a lower difficulty in her game, then it might be fun for her and little more challenging for you because you're lower level.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ShaggE

I don't have RoS, but my understanding is that you have to beat the game at least once to unlock Chapter V, so you'll have to normal your way through.

Edit: Oh wait, you can be invited. Never mind.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'd second canuck's suggestion and just go in to her game as you are. You'll be under-leveled for a while, but you should catch up, and in the mean-time it will be somewhat more challenging for you. You can always go back and play through the other acts some other time if you want to fill in the gaps.

blakdeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You could just have her invite you straight to act V if you'd like, you don't have to play through act IV to play V if somebody else invites you. And if you play on a lower difficulty in her game, then it might be fun for her and little more challenging for you because you're lower level.

Perhaps being a slightly lower level on normal would present a challenge. I had not thought of this. Thank you for the suggestion.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't suggest doing anything above hard until you're level 70. Expert and Master aren't really challenging, they just take longer. Diablo's all about grinding anyway so just finish the game on normal or hard so all the areas are open for you to go back to on a harder difficulty.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Hard is the most efficient until you can farm Torment I easily, then Torment I or II is likely the most efficient unless you're playing the most overpowered builds with ridiculous gear/high paragon. Expert can be fun though, especially at lower levels.

blakdeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't suggest doing anything above hard until you're level 70. Expert and Master aren't really challenging, they just take longer. Diablo's all about grinding anyway so just finish the game on normal or hard so all the areas are open for you to go back to on a harder difficulty.

There may be some truth to this. I am aware of the increased XP gain on the harder difficulties, but I am not noticing a significant difference in gameplay between hard and expert.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By mike

One thing to keep in mind is the guaranteed legendary drop from the final Act V boss during each story playthrough. This may not be an issue for you if you don't plan on taking a character to 70 and/or don't mind playing through the story mode again, but every legendary drop counts. You can always power through the game with her and then restart story mode, up the difficulty to where it feels good for you, and then do it again.

I see the story mode in D3 more as the training ground for Adventure mode and torment-level rifts.

Anyway, I think the Giant Bomb clan(s) are all full, or mostly full, but you can always join the GB Community until a new clan starts or some slots open up. Good luck dude.

blakdeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I appreciate all of the advice. Thank you very much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.