Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

90 Minutes of Direct Feed HD Diablo 3 Beta Gameplay

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Still not yet quite certain what to make of Diablo 3, lacking the nostalgia for the predecessors. Looks decent enough though. Still think this would be more awesome retooled and retweaked for dualstick shooter controls, but whatever - I'll be clicking and grinding my ways through Diablo 3 soon enough to find out what the fuzz is all about. 'Til then - here's lots of beta gameplay footage to wet your appetite with. Enjoy!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I've been looking forward to the game, but not quite as fanatically as some people. A lot of the beta footage I've seen now though has really turned that around, I'm really impressed by what we've seen. The voice work is amazingly well done, some of the highest quality I've seen in a game and I just love how physical and brutal everything looks. The barbarian swinging his axe looks like it really connects with the enemies, that's really rare for a game like Diablo and the sound effects really drive that home.

I've been more of a Torchlight fan up until now, but I think Blizzard have really won me over now.

Edit: Just saw one of the quests was named "the Legacy of Cain" That's a great little nod to one of my other favourite game franchises.

NaDannMaGoGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NaDannMaGoGo

Yeh well Torchlight and co. just can't touch Diablo 3, like not at all. None of those other "clones" or genre buddies have actually improved upon Diablo 2. I mean most actually look absolutely pale in comparison to that game still to this date. 
    And now you got Diablo 3 which you know, has actually a lot stuff changed from its prequel. There are just so many improvements such as the Health Globe system instead of potion spamming crap (@ Torchlight1/2, Path of Exile). Also this game got atmosphere, a proper story, great cinematics, overall more content, better randomization, actual diverse classes that have more differences than some plain stats and skills, male and female version of those, very smooth combat, the right "oomph" to it etc. pp.

I could go on for ages but let's just say I'm glad the waiting time is over and the H'n'S King is back. Now all those other Diablo-like game devs need to actually create a good hype instead of feeding of that ARPG/ isometric H'n'S hype that's up since the announcement of Diablo 3.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By haffy

Hope the beta isn't too long and the game comes out soon. Looks pretty close to being finished.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ervonymous

I love the look, everything looks like it has a matte finish as opposed to the usual glossiness.

NaDannMaGoGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NaDannMaGoGo
    @haffy said:

Hope the beta isn't too long and the game comes out soon. Looks pretty close to being finished.

The Beta is mostly for testing the servers and other technical aspects. It's less of a balance thing, actually it's barely any of that. Blizzard said that they have more than enough people to balance test teh game inhouse.
    So yeh if everything runs smooth the beta won't take too long and may even be realized at the end of this year :P
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RE_Player1

God I hope this comes to consoles. I'm not saying it would be better than the PC at all I just want to play the game and I'm afraid my computer isn't going to run it very well.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Ghostiet

Is the female Demon Hunter Jennifer Hale?

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Nate

Looks like Diablo, which is awesome. I love how the font hasn't changed since the first one :)  This is going to be great fun.

Dunchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Dunchad

I've avoided D3 stuff mostly, because I don't like waiting for things so I didn't want to get too excited. But now that release is close, I had a look at the beta footage and damn - I'm totally hyped for this now.

Torchlight never scratched my itch and I barely made it through the game. I mean the gameplay and the music were great (not surprising), but it just lacked the Diablo aesthetic that I love (too colourful and goofy - not to mention I didn't give a damn about the plot). Watching these videos, hearing the New Tristram music - I just got shivers up my back. Also Deckard Cain is still awesome.

I don't like the new skill system, on paper at least - will have to try it for myself to see if it's good. And I couldn't tell if the player wasn't familiar with Diablo or if they've changed the UI - he wasn't binding extra skills to the function keys and instead put them on the action bar. I really hope it was just his preferrence/inexperience - I'd hate to play it like that.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Seppli

Guess I'll have to try and beat every difficulty level consecutively to get the best loot and the full experience for one character. That's my goal for now. Hopefully it will be exciting enough for it to warrant such persistence. Who knows, maybe I'll get into it way more than that. Sounds awesome though. Every difficulty is like a playthrough+ with better loot. A fully decked out character might make quite a few Blizzard bucks with every 'highest difficulty' run.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hwy_61

Thanks for posting these vids. I'm hoping we get a release date soon. Maybe it'll be a pre-order bonus!! xD

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

Cant wait to play as demon hunter

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cloudenvy

I know I should probably be excited for this, but I am not D:

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By JCGamer

Man, I would be more excited if it was coming to consoles.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DougQuaid

Here's to hoping I get into the beta; I signed up a long time ago. Though, I don't think that really matters, I've never gotten into any of Blizzard's beta tests..

The game looks amazing, btw. If there's one thing Blizzard seems to king of, it's an incredibly high level of production value and polish in all of their games.

conrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By conrow

Looking foreward to this. Hope we get a release date soon!

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By pweidman
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By breadfan

Great, now I have to change my pants.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kishinfoulux

Here's some more gameplay for those interested. Game looks awesome.
    JamesKond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By JamesKond

@NaDannMaGoGo said:

Yeh well Torchlight and co. just can't touch Diablo 3, like not at all. None of those other "clones" or genre buddies have actually improved upon Diablo 2. I mean most actually look absolutely pale in comparison to that game still to this date. And now you got Diablo 3 which you know, has actually a lot stuff changed from its prequel. There are just so many improvements such as the Health Globe system instead of potion spamming crap (@ Torchlight1/2, Path of Exile). Also this game got atmosphere, a proper story, great cinematics, overall more content, better randomization, actual diverse classes that have more differences than some plain stats and skills, male and female version of those, very smooth combat, the right "oomph" to it etc. pp. I could go on for ages but let's just say I'm glad the waiting time is over and the H'n'S King is back. Now all those other Diablo-like game devs need to actually create a good hype instead of feeding of that ARPG/ isometric H'n'S hype that's up since the announcement of Diablo 3.

You do know Runic Games (makers of Torchlight) were previously Blizzard North? And there lead developer is Max Schaefer the person who also made Diablo 1, 2 and LoD? Most key people over at Runic came from Blizzard North, including the person who did the music. Therefor calling Torchlight just a 'clone' seems a bit harsh. This new team seems to be a scrambled couple of old PC RPG veterans, while maybe a better choice for the Diablo 3 production, they aren't the Hack and Slash kings you claim them to be.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By scarace360
    @RE_Player92 said:

God I hope this comes to consoles. I'm not saying it would be better than the PC at all I just want to play the game and I'm afraid my computer isn't going to run it very well.

Good reason to upgrade!
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Bollard

There really is still something to be said for a good isometric view point. The art in this game is beautiful, and the perspective gives it this quaint table-top rpg type feel that suits it really well. I'm excited for this merely because of how it looks.

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By ComradeKhan

Great. I had managed not to think about this game long enough for my hype to die down, but now that I've seen this the hype is HIGH.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.