Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

A Dumb Question

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Yanngc33

I'm not gonna lie, I know nothing when it comes to PC games. I was wondering though, I plan to buy Diablo 3 for my MacBook Pro (see I wasn't lying about knowing nothing). I plan on buying the disc version because I like boxes and the download speed of my current internet access sucks.

Diablo 3 being largely a single player game (for me anyways) will I be able to play the single player portions of Diablo 3 without an internet connection while having the disc in the drive? I know with all the error 37 stuff happening, my answer kind of answers itself. I was wondering though if you only have to log in once to the servers (as a way to register the game) and the rest of the time you can play without an internet access.

Long story short: Is there any way to play the single player portions of Diablo 3 without an Internet connection?

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By MEATBALL

'fraid not.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#3  Edited By StarvingGamer

You have to be online to play D3.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ravenlight
    Long story short: Is there any way to play the single player portions of Diablo 3 without an Internet connection?

No. You need an active internet connection to play Diablo III in any capacity.

Yes, this sucks for some people. No, it's not likely to change.

The good news is that you don't need a particularly great connection speed for this, just a stable connection.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Yanngc33

@Ravenlight said:

No. You need an active internet connection to play Diablo III in any capacity.

Yes, this sucks for some people. No, it's not likely to change.

The good news is that you don't need a particularly great connection speed for this, just a stable connection.

Thanks for the heads up :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.