Any big differences between PS3 and 360?

#1 Posted by Mittt (43 posts) -

Has anyone heard of any big differences between the 2 console versions like framerate issues, screen tearing or anything else? I know Diablo III is far from graphically taxing but I always like to check on these things. Thanks for any help!

#2 Posted by Vanek (376 posts) -
#3 Posted by Scullinator (505 posts) -

I have heard things like this game offers local play only, is this true? Will the console version not allow me to play online with friends?

#4 Edited by OGinOR (314 posts) -

@scullinator: I can speak for the 360 version on that - it supports local and online 2-4 player co-op. I'd assume the PS3 version is probably the same?

I'm playing now - looks good, feels good.

#5 Posted by DeF (4692 posts) -

I have heard things like this game offers local play only, is this true? Will the console version not allow me to play online with friends?

You probably simply misunderstood the huge selling point: the console version is the ONLY version that allows you to play OFFLINE both solo and co-op IN ADDITION to the online co-op. Not that it's local, offline co-op only.

#6 Posted by DeF (4692 posts) -

You probably simply misunderstood the huge selling point: the console version is the ONLY version that allows you to play OFFLINE both solo and co-op IN ADDITION to the online co-op. Not that it's local, offline co-op only.

#7 Posted by Mittt (43 posts) -

Thanks for the link, @vanek. I was at work and didn't have time to search. I picked up the 360 version. Runs great. Pretty bad screen tears sometimes but the framerate is great.

#8 Edited by Scullinator (505 posts) -

#2 Posted by jimmyfenix (1906 posts) - 4 days, 5 hours ago

@frankiebeanz: All current gen versions do not have online capabilities only local co-op. From what Blizzard were saying next gen versions will probably have some online support.

This was taken from another thread about cross platform gaming. Still confused.....

Edit: jimmyfienix is wrong about more than just the spelling of Phoenix

#9 Posted by firecracker22 (522 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.