Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Any chance of a console version? Maybe, maybe not?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

So, I remember Blizzard some time ago had mentioned they might be doing a console version of Diablo III. After hearing a ton about the game, watching videos, last night's Thursday Night Throwdown, and my love of loot, class-based hacking and slashing and cutting and shit, I knew that I wanted this game. However, I don't have a computer that can run Diablo III. I have a Macbook that's four or so years old and while it suites my needs, cannot run Diablo III. I can't back this up with facts, but I know Macbooks aren't known for their graphics horsepower typically used for games.

I would lovelovelove to dig into Diablo III, but I cannot at this time. So, for those who have played it, what do you think the probability is that this game could work on consoles? I'm talking about raw mechanics and menu screens and the like, and how easy that stuff can transfer to a controller. Do you think it could work with a bit of fine tuning? Or is it too complicated to accurately transfer?

Reference.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexW00d

Well the first game was on PS, and they have hired someone recently to look into this shit, so maybe? It'd probably have to become more actiony though to make up for the imprecise-ness of a controller when selecting enemies, or maybe slower? I dunno, I imagine they'd make it work.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By WinterSnowblind

It would definitely need to be tweaked, but Torchlight worked on the Xbox, with some minor changes and was very popular. I see no reason they couldn't do Diablo for consoles as well.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By skrutop

I think that they would have to completely change the control mechanics to line up with a game like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. You would control the character with the analog stick and use the buttons to attack. It may not seem like it at first, but that is quite a bit different from how Diablo controls on a PC. In Diablo, your cursor is targeting specific enemies and your character moves to engage them. It would really change the feel of the game, and I think slow it down too much.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Coafi

I thought they unofficially announced Diablo 3 on the 360. There were some rumors.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SlasherMan

I see no reason why not.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By alternate

They keep talking about it and Activision bosses like money. I suspect a version will eventually come out. Maybe have another studio do the grunt work of the port with Blizz overseeing and doing the controls.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes, they would make shit tons of cash and it is the type of game that can be done well on consoles. I fucking loved Champions of Norrath and Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 1 and 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.