Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Any recent news on the PS4 version?

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

I'm having a hard time resisting going back to D3 on the PC, and I've also held off trying it on my PS3. I just want to wait and dive deep on the PS4. But I just haven't heard anything concrete about a release.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

I don't think Blizzard has announced anything about new versions of Diablo 3 for any of the consoles yet, other than that they are working on it. If the time between the original PC release and the 360/PS3 versions coming out is any indication, you have quite a long time to wait before playing Reaper of Souls on a console. I would be surprised if it happened in 2014.

Olqavtoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I really hope we don't have to wait too long, I really want to play the PS4 version. They'll have it at PAX East, so maybe we'll hear something then.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

well for the recent while they've been waiting for Reaper to come out since the mission statement has always been to have that expansion as part of it. i assume we will be seeing an announcement about it very soon.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The longer they wait the lower the price should be?

-valid question

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@spraynardtatum: Unlikely. Best possible case scenario there will be a bundle of vanilla D3 + expansion at full price.

NeoZeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As one of the many people who got suckered into buying D3 for the PC at launch (and not being able to play it for a week or two because of it) I would personally wait till a used copy of the PS4 comes around. Assuming they don't pull some kind of "You have to buy it new to get everything" thing, it would be the best way to see if you like it while also not supporting something so clearly undercooked.

Then again, I'm obviously bitter so maybe you should just hope Olqavtoras is right and see if an announcement drops at PAX?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.