Anybody still playing?

#1 Edited by Lethal (20 posts) -
#2 Posted by planetary (341 posts) -

Nope, I stopped playing.

#3 Posted by Morningstar (2137 posts) -

Stopped a long time ago, felt the game was a major bummer.

#4 Posted by takayamasama (439 posts) -

Tried going back after the Paragon levels were introduced, got to Paragon 1 and still got hit by the "doing the same thing over and over" feeling, haven't returned since.

It just didn't capture me like D2 did, sadly.

#5 Posted by Loafsmooch (301 posts) -

@takayamasama said:

Tried going back after the Paragon levels were introduced, got to Paragon 1 and still got hit by the "doing the same thing over and over" feeling, haven't returned since.

Same thing for me. I'm not gonna say I feel ripped off though, I put in like 150 hours on my monk with whom I killed Diablo before the easy-mode patch. 100 hours on my barb and 30 hours on a witch doctor. I also managed to sell a ring for €55 so I kinda got my money back anyway!

#6 Posted by takayamasama (439 posts) -

@Loafsmooch: Oh yeah I definitely don't feel ripped off, put 200 hours into my Barb, and up until Act 2 Inferno (pre-nerf) I enjoyed it, then it just became a chore to try to grind for gears or money.

And I wasn't a huge fan of the auction house from the start, but meh. Still a fine game, just lost all interest to play it, and with Borderlands 2 so close, my loot itch will surely be scratched.

#7 Posted by Loafsmooch (301 posts) -

@takayamasama: Yep, it was a good game, just didn't last as long as us D2 fans wanted it to. Personally I'm waiting for Torchlight 2.

#8 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

@takayamasama: @Loafsmooch: Oh geez, Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 are upon us, at basically the same time! Too much loot!

#9 Posted by Addfwyn (1917 posts) -

I would love to be able to play more, but my work has kinda killed any time for gaming.

When I manage to get a day off, I still play though. Love the game and 1.04 seemed to make a lot of things a lot better. I'm still dying to actually get a character into Inferno. I actually had a 60 I lost at the end of A4 Hell.

Great game, but just time concerns.

#10 Posted by fugie7 (1108 posts) -

yeah i still play. when i have time.

#11 Posted by ShaggE (6322 posts) -

Giving it a break for now, but I fully intend to return, probably after filling up on Borderlands 2.

#12 Posted by StarvingGamer (7986 posts) -

Popped back on for a bit after the patch hit but there are too many other games I'm trying to play right now. I'll definitely go back to it whenever I hit another lull or if my co-op buddy decides he's ready to get back on the loot treadmill with me.

#13 Edited by Ghostiet (5223 posts) -

Still playing, although I had to take a break due to an influx of other games to play and my wrists hurting like a motherfucker. Holding a gamepad is currently more comfortable than moving a mouse around, so I'm going to stick with that for the time being.

#14 Posted by Jrinswand (1695 posts) -

Nope. I beat the game once and then quit playing shortly after that. I just don't see the point of replaying the same stuff over and over again.

Also, to say that this game doesn't have the same sort of draw as Diablo 2 after spending 300 hours playing it is insane. I can't imagine anybody playing Diablo 2 for longer than 300 hours. Even back in the day the game wasn't that addictive or that impressive.

#15 Posted by Andorski (5189 posts) -

Played a little bit with my WD when 1.0.4 came out, but haven't touched it since. Not liking the grind experience, and see no point in getting better gear just so I can grind some more. I guess that's the point of loot games though.

#16 Posted by The_Nubster (2045 posts) -

I'm playing it whenever I find a good podcast to listen to for a few hours. However, with Borderlands 2 right around the corner, I don't think I'll have much time to play it.

#17 Posted by SortedeVaras (111 posts) -

I played for about 20 minutes after the last patch came out, its just too short a game and has too many boring cutscenes to keep me playing like Diablo 2 (which is still install on my pc). Since you can legally buy gold for cheap the economy is screwed up beyond repair, items that would be worth 150k at launch are selling for 15 million gold now.

#18 Posted by RazielCuts (2925 posts) -

I so wanted to get deep inside DIablo III at the time but I was super busy (still am). How's the game now? I've heard they've changed/nerfed a lot of things (probably things I wouldn't even notice being a newbie) but is it still worth going back to or have I just missed the rush? It's weird how its only been out nearly 4 months and I'm asking that but that's the world we live in with patches and constant updates.

#19 Posted by csl316 (8086 posts) -

Got halfway through nightmare and stopped. Not knocking the game, it's just that my game habits must've changed since D2.

#20 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

Stopped playing, its just not a good game in general. Guild Wars 2 is giving me everything I require from a game now.

#21 Posted by Loafsmooch (301 posts) -

@RazielCuts said:

I so wanted to get deep inside DIablo III at the time but I was super busy (still am). How's the game now? I've heard they've changed/nerfed a lot of things (probably things I wouldn't even notice being a newbie) but is it still worth going back to or have I just missed the rush? It's weird how its only been out nearly 4 months and I'm asking that but that's the world we live in with patches and constant updates.

Well, I beat inferno with my monk a week after I had gotten the game, for me that felt way too fast and easy. Then, they made inferno easier by reducing monster hp and damage. Then 1.04 came and all classes got major damage boosts.

If you're someone who enjoys a challenge and figures stuff out easily, you're not gonna enjoy D3 that much.

#22 Posted by pweidman (2297 posts) -

Still playing. Trying different characters some and grinding thru inferno w/a DH. Patch 1.04 made inferno fun again basically. Drop rates still seem off a bit, and the AH prices are rediculous, but it's enough fun to play 'till Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 drop.

#23 Posted by jasonefmonk (350 posts) -

Still play every few days, just made my first million on gold AH so hopefully I will be able to get through Act III and IV with some new gear. I've found three legendaries since 1.04, feels great.

#24 Posted by RazielCuts (2925 posts) -

@Loafsmooch: I've only got into PC gaming in the last 2/3 years so I've never played a Diablo but always liked it from afar. I like RPG's in general and upgrading weapons/loot games so I want to give it a go. Got really into Torchlight and as this seems like the natural progression but from the makers that did, I think I'll go in pretty blindly and probably won't notice the ease from the outset. My only worry is repetition, especially as most the people I know who were playing it have moved on so it'll probably be a purely solo affair.

#25 Posted by rynbeed (143 posts) -

I enjoyed my first play through. Didn't really feel the need to do a whole lot more then that.

When my friends are able to buy the game I am going to do Co op with them, but outside of that I doubt I come back to the game on my own.

#26 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

@The_Nubster said:

I'm playing it whenever I find a good podcast to listen to for a few hours. However, with Borderlands 2 right around the corner, I don't think I'll have much time to play it.

It's definitely not a bad podcast listening game, as the narrative's kinda... junk.

#27 Posted by HairyMike87 (1015 posts) -

I just started playing again. I'm in the process of trying to beat inferno and re-gear my wizard. HairyBeast#1619 if anyone wants to play some.

#28 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Might start playing again as well. I'm only on act 2 though :/

#29 Posted by LikeaSsur (1494 posts) -

@takayamasama said:

Which is weird, because doing the same thing over and over again is a staple of all lootfest games.

#30 Posted by redbliss (647 posts) -

Yep, and I still enjoy it. I havent played for like a week though because it feels like a waste now that they have announced what they plan to do with the next patch. I am just going to wait until the next patch and then farm some more.

#31 Posted by Bawlsz (84 posts) -

I stopped playing, only logged in lately because I got hacked and recently recovered my account, I found my DH level 60 (5 paragon level) and over 50k dps, when orginally he was level 54 and only 10k dps.

#32 Posted by NostalgicShakedown (132 posts) -

Yep still playing. Changed from Monk to Witch Doctor and still loving the game.

#33 Posted by OverLord00 (173 posts) -

I just started back playing, having a pretty good time feel free to add me. OverLord#1627

#34 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

My internet is to shit for HC. Would play SC again if there was a ladder reset though. Just a matter of time before they do it IMO.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.