Anyone actually log in tonight????

#1 Posted by Captivelemon (14 posts) -

So I was prepared for Diablo! I went to my nearest seven eleven to get coffee to stay up...Too bad The furthest I got was the character creation screen. After that I got continuous errors.

Spamming my password wasn't helping either... Sleep > D3 at the moment.

How many of you guys actually created a character and started playing?

#2 Posted by liq (14 posts) -

Stay in there.

#3 Posted by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

I think its a near impossibility for US players to login right this second. Same thing happened with the EU servers a few hours ago.

#4 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (612 posts) -

nope, but i'm enjoying the awesome login meta game of hitting ctrl+alt+v then enter over and over again. I've seen the Retrieving Characters highlighted a few times so the rewards are getting better!

#5 Posted by MEATBALL (3078 posts) -

Haven't been able to get in yet (AU).

#6 Posted by fr0stb1te (71 posts) -

Not yet. It's frustrating to deal with *server* issues when I just want to play the single player portion for a bit.

I understand the idea behind it... but come on...

#7 Posted by Turambar (6677 posts) -

I got in, then the game froze on the character creation screen...

#8 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

it funny that the company that runs an MMO with 10 million+ people is having trouble. Goes to show that always on DRM is a problem

#9 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1328 posts) -

This is the game, this is inferno mode

#10 Posted by yoshisaur (2663 posts) -

B.net is down in the US, they have tweeted that they will be bringing more servers online soon.

#11 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

I don't know what people were expecting when they purchased a game that requires always on DRM even for the single player portion. You were all warned. You all payed for this.

#12 Posted by NoK (298 posts) -

Been trying for an hour with no luck. Guess I'll try tomorrow....sigh

#13 Posted by OroJackson (680 posts) -

4:00 am here on the east coast and no luck,

but I'll keep trying

#14 Posted by The_Big_Rough (218 posts) -

Kind of crappy when all you want to do is play single player

#15 Posted by ikaruga (191 posts) -

Nope! been trying since it went live. Lucky I live in Hawaii so have a few more hours before I have to sleep

#16 Posted by Turambar (6677 posts) -

I'm in and playing!!!

#17 Posted by Zyzus (20 posts) -

I'm in too.

#18 Posted by MonetaryDread (1993 posts) -

Just got back home from the midnight launch about twenty minutes ago. I don't know if I am going to be able to play tonight though, for some reason the game is taking forever to install.

#19 Posted by Istealdreams (148 posts) -

finally got in at 1:30

#20 Posted by Mnemoidian (955 posts) -

Midnight was crazy in Europe (read: impossible to login), but played about half an hour before heading to work this morning, no issues getting in then.

#21 Posted by Master_Funk (728 posts) -

I logged in fine about half an hour ago in europe.

#22 Posted by MonetaryDread (1993 posts) -

The game is running great for me. No error message yet.

#23 Posted by Captivelemon (14 posts) -

I guess I should of waited an hour and a half then!

hopefully it works at 6:30 AM.

SKIPPING INTRO TO COMPUTER FOR THIS!

#24 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

@ikaruga said:

...I live in Hawaii...

You don't want a spunky Swedish roommate by any chance?

#25 Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab (667 posts) -

I used to play Diablo 3. Then I took an error to the knee.

#26 Posted by Dimsey (949 posts) -

Took me about an hour to get in, but once I did I've had no problem getting in and out as desired.

#27 Posted by Maginnovision (484 posts) -

I logged in at 11:58pm and started playing. Played until about 2:30 am then went to bed because I get up at 6am for work. Everyone in the vent I was on was unable to log in until about 1:30am.

#28 Posted by Marz (5644 posts) -

yeah i i logged in about 1am and played bout 5 hours to get through Act 1.

#29 Posted by PhantomGardener (457 posts) -

Logged in on first try, and no problems

#30 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2485 posts) -

Finally got in about 45 minutes after the servers went up, played for around 90 minutes and went to bed.

#31 Posted by p00rdevil (158 posts) -

@MuttersomeTaxicab said:

No one else acknowledged your wit? I will, pretty funny :) Great take on an old joke, he he.

#32 Posted by Pobearo (108 posts) -

I got in at about 3:20 and got to play until 5:00 eastern time. Now I go to work. Tired as shit, but it was worth it.

#33 Posted by wemibelec90 (1562 posts) -

Anyone who believed they could play right when the game launched is CRAZY. Of course the game was going to have issues right away.

#34 Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab (667 posts) -

@p00rdevil said:

@MuttersomeTaxicab said:

No one else acknowledged your wit? I will, pretty funny :) Great take on an old joke, he he.

Hahaha, much obliged! Though, I imagine it would have fit better with the Error 37 thread.

#35 Posted by Hunkulese (2651 posts) -
@Pinworm45

I don't know what people were expecting when they purchased a game that requires always on DRM even for the single player portion. You were all warned. You all payed for this.

This generation of kids scares me. We were all warned? We're all paying for this?
The servers were jacked up for an hour in the middle of the night because a bazillion people all tried to log on at the same time. Oh noes!!! Let's run to the Internet and cry about how everyone is out to fuck us.

Grow up
#36 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

I got in, made my character, got in a game. Then servers went down. Then I went to sleep. Then I woke up. Then I wanted to play. Now I'm at work and still want to play =(

#37 Posted by pw2566ch (480 posts) -

All I can say is BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I knew this would happen.

#38 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

@Hunkulese said:

@Pinworm45

This generation of kids scares me. We were all warned? We're all paying for this? The servers were jacked up for an hour in the middle of the night because a bazillion people all tried to log on at the same time. Oh noes!!! Let's run to the Internet and cry about how everyone is out to fuck us. Grow up

I'm not the one crying about it. Tons of people are, so I have no idea why you're directing that to me. I'm just saying that people were warned and should stop supporting obviously bad, invasive, and anti-consumer decisions.

Btw, the servers are down again and have been for 3 hours. Good thing they're using Battle.net, wouldn't want soloers to be able to play or anything.

#39 Posted by MisterMouse (3541 posts) -

Currently in Japan and trying to play with a really close friend back in the States today, and because of the time difference there is not a lot of time in which we can play together so it was a bummer to find that the servers were down.

#40 Posted by RainVillain (480 posts) -

I pre-purchased the game from Blizzard... but after seeing the GB vid and all the complaints I think I'm gunna wait til this weekend to start playing. Dammit Atlus, looks like you might get a Game of Thrones sale afterall!

#41 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.