Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

anyone else had there acc hacked?

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By baldgye

I went to bed as normal, woke up to find my bnet account had been locked, i reset my password etc and logged into diablo to find my lvl 28 barbarian, naked and back at the starting area of the game... i resume game to find all of my items, potions and gold gone... and all that I've been left with is some gems (though not all of them) and some random pants that I never owned.

over 20hrs, gone.. just like that... am I the only one here who's had this problem??

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cincaid

@baldgye: Already a thread on this, and sorry for your loss.

Just curious, but are you using an authenticator? Have you been playing any public games?

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By baldgye

@Cincaid said:

@baldgye: Already a thread on this, and sorry for your loss.

Just curious, but are you using an authenticator? Have you been playing any public games?

no pub games and no i dont use my authenticator as i mostly play sc2 so having to type it in like 3-4 times a day got tedious

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

Plenty of people on Blizz forums with the same problem, usually happens after you play with shady randoms in public games.

Personally i'm using an authenticator and only play with GB duders.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

Authenticator; get one.

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By baldgye

@Tennmuerti said:

Plenty of people on Blizz forums with the same problem, usually happens after you play with shady randoms in public games.

yeah well i ONLY play with people i know in real life :/

and yeah i might have to start using my autenticator again... untill im done with diablo 3

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Cincaid

@Tennmuerti said:

I have mine set to authenticate each time I log into the game. Not much hassle with the free iPhone authenticator anyway.

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By baldgye

just got off the phone, nothing they can do... so i loose 20hrs of gameplay... great

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gamefreak9

U did not really lose 20 hours, u just lost your loot, just get some new shit.

ludorverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ludorverr

@baldgye said:

so i loose 20hrs of gameplay... great

Overstatement of the century. Those 20 hours are in your character level and you'll have BETTER equipment than your previous equipment in a few levels.

It's actually a criticism of this game I have, that you swap equipment so often that you rarely get attached to it.

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By baldgye

@gamefreak9 said:

U did not really lose 20 hours, u just lost your loot, just get some new shit.

so it can be taken again? I can't even contiune from where i was in the game becasue instead of doing 200+ dmg i do 4 and i have 0 gold

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By baldgye

Greetings,

Thank you for calling Blizzard Support.

As discussed over the phone, we could not find any evidence that the account was compromised and as such, we will not be able to assist you.

We thank you for your understanding with this matter.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By valrog

That's it. I'm not going to play this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You didn't answer any Mists of Pandara beta e-mails did you?

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By baldgye

@S0ndor said:

You didn't answer any Mists of Pandara beta e-mails did you?

nope, and when i got the email from blizz saying my acc had been locked i didnt click the links in the email i checked it via there website... im not a child I know how the internet works

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By napalm

@baldgye said:

Greetings,

Thank you for calling Blizzard Support.

As discussed over the phone, we could not find any evidence that the account was compromised and as such, we will not be able to assist you.

We thank you for your understanding with this matter.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Wow. That is extra shitty.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Azteck

As said above, you should get an authenticator. I don't even play any Blizzard products but I hear it does wonders.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d
    deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Ouch, bad luck. I had my account hacked two days ago, they took all my gear and money.

I just contacted Blizzard via their support service on their site and they rolled back my character and got all my stuff back within 45 minutes.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Toxeia

Don't know why you'd take the authenticator off your account. You realize it has a setting that will only ask for it when you use a new computer, or after a week or so right?

By the way, you might not have followed any links to e-mails but I'm curious if maybe you've used a non-secure computer (library, cafe, etc.) to sign into any Blizzard sites.

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pw2566ch

I don't know what it is. I'm seeing a lot of people getting their account broken into. I'm not using an authenticator and I haven't ran into this issue at all. Then again, I don't run into any phishing scams and I use a much stronger password. Something that's like a pass phrase. And just in case, I go the old fashion way and write my password down and stash it away somewhere in case I forget.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

5/5

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By baldgye

@Toxeia said:

Don't know why you'd take the authenticator off your account. You realize it has a setting that will only ask for it when you use a new computer, or after a week or so right?

By the way, you might not have followed any links to e-mails but I'm curious if maybe you've used a non-secure computer (library, cafe, etc.) to sign into any Blizzard sites.

only my own machine.

and yes I understand how a password system and phishing works, please don't treat me like a 12yr old who used his mums credit card to buy things online without any understanding of how things work.

I treat my battle.net account with the same level of security as I treat my Steam account, the only diffrence between the two was that when i had a problem with my Steam account Valve helped me fix it, Blizzard have instead done nothing and refused to even achnologe there is any problem.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@baldgye: In case no one else has offered, I'm a level 29 Barb, and I have a bunch of weapons/armor in my stash that would be level appropriate. If you want to add me, my Battletag is in the Battletag thread, and I can hook you up with some stuff to get you rolling again hopefully.

Sucks what happened, I was hoping they were only aiming for higher level characters, and it would be fixed by the time I was at 60, but apparently it's no holds barred on this shit.

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By baldgye

@Krakn3Dfx said:

@baldgye: In case no one else has offered, I'm a level 29 Barb, and I have a bunch of weapons/armor in my stash that would be level appropriate. If you want to add me, my Battletag is in the Battletag thread, and I can hook you up with some stuff to get you rolling again hopefully.

Sucks what happened, I was hoping they were only aiming for higher level characters, and it would be fixed by the time I was at 60, but apparently it's no holds barred on this shit.

hey man that would be amazing :) I'll add you when i get chance <3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.