Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Anyone Get The Strategy Guide?

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By breadfan

Buying a strategy guide in 2012 seems crazy.CRAZY! In fact, I had almost forgotten that they still exist, but I'm feeling nostalgic now that Diablo has come out. Has anyone purchased the strategy guide? If so how is it, does it seem worth it?

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EXTomar

Not that I should be surprised there is a strategy guide but I'm surprised there is a strategy guide. What possible information could be revealed that is hidden and valuable?

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By emergency

@EXTomar said:

Not that I should be surprised there is a strategy guide but I'm surprised there is a strategy guide. What possible information could be revealed that is hidden and valuable?

*scratches head* What do you mean? D3 is no less suitable for a strategy guide that get guides.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By StrikeALight

6 Months from now, and the guide could contain lots of useless or outdated information. Though it might be cool for a collector or nostalgia.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By kindgineer

@Breadfan: I think the main audience that purchases them do so to have something neat to read in their off-time, or like me, for the sake of owning everything that is the beautiful Diablo III. Other than that, I think it's just beginner's into the gaming industry who feel it could benefit them.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By cornbredx

Now that you mention it, I would get it just for giggles.

But no, I don't buy guides anymore. Haven't for over a decade or so.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Barrock

I was eyeing the CE strategy guide but then I remembered they are going to patch the fuck out of the game and it'll be useless.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tons of games still get strategy guides - my local GAME (which is closed now, but when it was open) had a ton of strategy guides - and a lot of them were for games that I don't needed strategy guides. I remember seeing a Gears of War 2 strategy guide, a Modern Warfare 2 strategy guide and I think I even saw an Assassin's Creed 2 strategy guide.

None of those games really needed a strategy guide - and no I haven't got the strategy guide - the only strategy guide I own is for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne, and I only have it because it came for free with the game when I bought it (although it is a pretty sweet guide and I enjoyed reading it).

muktor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By muktor

yeah nowadays there are free online walkthrougs everywhere, such as this one

although I still bought the collectors edition strategy guide, not for the walkthrough but for the cool stuff it came with like a very cool bookmark lol

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By bemusedchunk

The way Blizzard updates their games, there is no reason to. Just follow Diablo fan-sites.

What is pretty funny is that they *somehow* put out a strategy guide for each WoW expansion...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.